PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers problem HELP

cantdrift11
03-20-2011, 11:39 PM
My wheels don't have the little openings for wheel spacer adapters, with 25mm its no problem to make them fit but with the 20mm they don't sit correctly on the spacer cause of the stock lugs and bolts slightly sticking out from the spacer. Where could i go to cut little slots for the wheels to fit properly? Don't trust myself doing it, Any help guys? In the LA area.

s13boy89
03-20-2011, 11:45 PM
shorter lugs if not you gotta grind the stud a little

dking240sx
03-22-2011, 11:04 PM
My buddy added 3 mm spacers in between to make it work or smaller

VQZ33
03-25-2011, 12:32 PM
you can get better offset wheels... honestly anything over a 15mm spacer begins to put stress on your wheels bearings and hub I wouldn't recommend running them... LOL besides that your wheels will be all super agressive but it'll look retarded from behind having a skinny ass wheel and tire but pushed out my .02$

Darren
03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
i just added another small slip on spacer behind the bolt on spacer. It works, and if you're going to swap the hubs (go 5 bolt) like me then there's no point in buying expensive low offset 4 bolt wheels.

ericcastro
03-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I had the same problem.
Gotta cut the lugs.
Your gonna unbalance the rim and mess with its strength if you cut into it.
Just stretch the tire a little and run a bigger spacer.

I run 50mm bolt ons in the rear and 38mm bolt ons in the front :)
I havent had any extra stresses that i know of, lol

Not sure, but imo it would seem the fulcrum that would be giving the stress, is the outside edge of the rim, not the spacer.
So wether its 50mm bolt ons, or deep dish rims, its the same stress transfered from the outside corner of the rim.

maybe not though, i havent had issues for over a year, so i dont really care :)