PDA

View Full Version : New Police Task Force

mkezzo16
03-17-2011, 02:22 AM
One of my girls family members works for the city of Los Angeles and told me some useful info.. We Already know they've been crackin down on street racing forever,, BLAH BLAh. I know most people here don't do that but time to time im sure some of you show these honda boys that constantly rev at you their car aint shit(always exceptions).

To the point. Young police officers are using confiscated vehicles that are turbocharged , supercharged beastly machines, driving them around and waiting for people to race them They supposedly don't egg you on because that would be entrapment, but if you rev, flash lights, or whatever they will race you, call it in, and it will seem as if both drivers are being caught slippin..but once your car is towed, your taken to jail/ticket, and your out of sight, the officer is let go. So you dont even know you just got set up. They have 30 -40 different cars available for their use that range from hondas to infiniti's

Just warning you guys, dont want to see cars taken for 10 seconds of fun ..go to the track

That is my Zilvia Public service announcement

TravisSW
03-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Yeah cops are always up to some shady shit.

Something happened to me tonight, but I won't say anything about it til it blows over.

Slammed Assassin
03-17-2011, 02:35 AM
their just doing their job. keeping other motorists/streets safe.

not worth loosing your car. track it!

sidewaysil80
03-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Yeah cops are always up to some shady shit.

how is that shady? cops are going undercover to arrest people commiting a crime. wtf is so "shady" or negative about that. EVEN if they are instigating and initiating the race i don't see a problem. as long as you don't drive like a dip shit or street race it won't affect you.

MisawaJason
03-17-2011, 05:20 AM
/\
Last two posts pretty much sum it up

SocalCirca
03-17-2011, 05:35 AM
how is that shady? cops are going undercover to arrest people commiting a crime. wtf is so "shady" or negative about that. EVEN if they are instigating and initiating the race i don't see a problem. as long as you don't drive like a dip shit or street race it won't affect you.

This^

The other day, i was driving down the 605S with my daughter inside the G. These two idiots in a hatchback Civic and a Hyundai Genesis starting messing with each other. Finally the Civic took off and the Genesis played catch up. They cut me off, made me slam on my brakes and scared the shit outta my little one. Honestly, I wish those motherfuckers would crash and burn like the idiots they are. Track that shiiit.

TravisSW
03-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Eh, made my post out of anger about the bullshit that happened tonight. That's why I said shady.

BustedS13
03-17-2011, 08:34 AM
FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: CoPS IN LA GETTING "FAST AND FURIOUS?"

exitspeed
03-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah, isn't this a plot a movie I seen?

mkezzo16
03-17-2011, 09:24 AM
HAHA^^^^ that's what I thought when i was told this

gzer750
03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
sounds like a fun job. lol

Matej
03-18-2011, 03:20 PM
their just doing their job. keeping other motorists/streets safe.
It seems the safest thing would be not to race.

fckillerbee
03-18-2011, 03:30 PM
wait...so they are allowing cops to unsafely race some idiot? isn't that putting both parties in danger? as well as others on the road? isn't that why cop cars reck you cause you are putting civilians at risk? I know it's not enticing them, but you are contributing to the activity. What if that cop blows a tire and crashed into a civilian....what then? fucking retards. I hope they don't race these idiots...and just pull them over for "taking off".

xpertsnowcarver
03-18-2011, 03:37 PM
I wish I was Brian Spilner. :cry:

raz0rbladez909
03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
It seems the safest thing would be not to race.

Agreed, if their goal was really to keep other motorists safe they wouldn't intentionally get into a race with another car anyways, if you revved on them or flashed your hazards I see it as they could get you for exhibition of speed, but for police to actually participate in a race then they are just as guilty. I'm not really worried about it because I see no reason to race anyone on the streets, I just find it incredibly hypocritical to pull a stunt like that to get someone to break the law. I'd say it is borderline entrapment, but how anyone would ever prove that is nearly impossible and they know that. Wouldn't be the first time police have found a loophole to pull some fast shit, and normally I'm all about defending police, but this kinda shit just seems like a real waste of money.

fckillerbee
03-18-2011, 03:48 PM
no...cause undercover cops sell and do drugs to bust the big guy. this is the same thing. Only difference is, this is putting other civilians at risk.

raz0rbladez909
03-18-2011, 03:58 PM
no...cause undercover cops sell and do drugs to bust the big guy. this is the same thing. Only difference is, this is putting other civilians at risk.

yeah but those undercover cops aren't "coercing" dealers to sell drugs, they are busting those guys for shit they are already doing. This story seems like they are deliberatly searching for suspected "street racers", coercing them into a race and then busting them for it which is entrapment. I doubt they are just going to cruise the freeways waiting for someone to rev on them.

kandyflip445
03-18-2011, 04:59 PM
I think that if they aren't egging the person on then that means the person caught through this means would just be in a street race anyway. If this is the case wouldn't you want them to be caught and taken off the road before something does happen? Or are you mad because you think you'll be caught?

Not directed at anyone, just my thoughts.

saleaf
03-18-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty sure they've been doing this for a while now... Nothing new..

NissanEnthus
03-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Seriously only the immature guys will be the ones getting busted for this. Those are the idiots that need to be off the road anyway....

ThatGuy
03-18-2011, 06:24 PM
This is nothing new, and belonged in Regional anyway.

:lockd: