PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service is important to This Lamborghini Owner...

archaeic_bloke
03-16-2011, 12:06 AM
So I found this story about a Lamborghini owner who was rather unsatisfied with the service he received from an Official Lamborghini service station in China.

Apparently he hired a bunch of blue clad men to destroy the car in protest of the poor service.
Angry Chinese man 1 - Lamborghini Zero. Epic win... remember everyone, Customer Service is more important than the car itself, to some people!

Pictures of the destruction and carnage here: The Skylife: Customer Service - Lamborghini Destroyed in the name of Consumer Rights (http://www.skylife4ever.com/2011/03/customer-service-lamborghini-destroyed.html)

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110315-smash-car-da-02.photoblog900.jpg

http://www.chinacartimes.com/wp-content/smashed-lambo23.jpg

BOROSUN
03-16-2011, 12:48 AM
where they have lead toys and antifreeze toothpaste....must have been a really really bad c/s.

sw20>>s14
03-16-2011, 01:34 AM
doesnt surprise me at all...precipitous increase in "new money" and perpetuating snobby attitudes are making the rich in china omnipotent...very scary how much capital and pull some of these guys have...

but on another note...i commend the lamborghini owners message...martyring his lambo is another story...

ronmcdon
03-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Since when the hell did a VW have 'world famous high quality service'?
Sounds all too familiar.

Oh, good luck with insurance giving a pay-out for you deliberately destroying your car!

The engine of the newly-bought sports car failed to start on November 29, 2010. After they had contacted Lamborghini’s Qingdao dealer, the car was carried to the designated maintenance shop by a trailer of a maintenance service provider entrusted by Lamborghini’s Qingdao dealer. The engine problem was not fixed, and the bumper and chassis were found damaged after the car was towed to the maintenance shop. As they pointed out the problem, the maintenance service provider shirked the responsibility and ignoring the owners consumer right. After that, they contacted Lamborghini’s CEO Mr. Stephan Winkelmann, the brand’s China headquarters, its after-sales service manager for Asia-Pacific region, and the brand’s owner Volkswagen Group, but the problem was not solved. The owner believes that there is no suitable means to protect his own consumer rights, so he felt that the best way to gain attention would be to destroy the

According to the former Lambo owner, Chinese consumers are more and more capable of consuming global luxury products in recent years, however, the global luxury brands work on exploring Chinese market on one hand, and ignore the interests and rights of Chinese consumers. The former owner feels that Lamborghini did not bring their world famous high quality service to China, so he felt that the only way to show his ultimate dissatisfaction was to destroy the car, at least for Lamborghini this gentleman won’t be calling anymore – at least until the insurance payout arrives and he buys another model.

K_style
03-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Just sad...

VROOOM
03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
the article says Gallardos go for between 500k and 700k US dollars in China

tricky_ab
03-16-2011, 12:06 PM
What an ass clown! New money is rather foolish in China....

axiomatik
03-16-2011, 12:32 PM
"new money"? money is money. He has a bunch of it, chose to spend a bunch of it on a Lambo, and Lambo acts like it doesn't care about its Chinese customers. I bet that wouldn't have happened in Europe.

TheWolf
03-16-2011, 12:41 PM
I've said it before many times.. if you ever had to daily drive these things.. you would appreciate a hyundai because it starts and shifts every morning... lambo's and ferrari's won't.. designed to be admired.. not daily driven..

Gnnr
03-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Not surprised with the endless supply of money floating in China now....

I've said it before many times.. if you ever had to daily drive these things.. you would appreciate a hyundai because it starts and shifts every morning... lambo's and ferrari's won't.. designed to be admired.. not daily driven..

Ferrari?

tricky_ab
03-16-2011, 12:59 PM
"new money"? money is money. He has a bunch of it, chose to spend a bunch of it on a Lambo, and Lambo acts like it doesn't care about its Chinese customers. I bet that wouldn't have happened in Europe.

You don't find this to be a bit ostentatious? Just because you have money, doesn't mean you should act this reckless. Whatever, it's not my money so who cares right?

Pure_JDM
03-16-2011, 02:10 PM
True display of dissatisfaction and I commend the guy for it. You guys (as well as the countless hundreds of forums this has made it on) wouldn't have heard anything about it, had he sold it to another person. I'm sure this isn't the end of the story. He'll get what he wanted in the end, and if not, it's just money. Face it, the sub-million dollar sports car isn't breaking his bank anytime soon if he has the means to do what he did to it.

Here's a video that should have been provided... http://www.wheels.ca/newsFeatures/article/794507

axiomatik
03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
You don't find this to be a bit ostentatious? Just because you have money, doesn't mean you should act this reckless. Whatever, it's not my money so who cares right?

It certainly isn't any more ostentatious than simply driving the Lambo around town every day. The money has already been spent. It's a luxury item, and thus, disposable. Would I do the same thing? No. But he was obviously very dissatisfied and frustrated by the lack of response he was getting.

And what exactly is reckless about it? Reckless would be driving it through town at high speed and then bailing out, letting the car speed on and crash into something.

Otto347
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Reckless would be driving it through town at high speed and then bailing out, letting the car speed on and crash into something.

YES! but into a wall or off a bridge.

lawrenceyang
03-16-2011, 06:03 PM
mans got standards. gotta respect that

ericcastro
03-16-2011, 06:54 PM
love it !!

and when has a lambo ever been reliable, lol.

tricky_ab
03-16-2011, 07:02 PM
It certainly isn't any more ostentatious than simply driving the Lambo around town every day. The money has already been spent. It's a luxury item, and thus, disposable. Would I do the same thing? No. But he was obviously very dissatisfied and frustrated by the lack of response he was getting.

And what exactly is reckless about it? Reckless would be driving it through town at high speed and then bailing out, letting the car speed on and crash into something.

Reckless as in destroying it rather then selling it or giving it away to raise money for a local charity or something. Again, it's not my money but there's better ways to prove a point...

Eh, it's probably a knock off anyways...

driftsilvias13
03-16-2011, 09:22 PM
^ Word is it was done in front of a new shopping complex he owns and he wrote it off as a marketing expense.

ronmcdon
03-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Reckless as in destroying it rather then selling it or giving it away to raise money for a local charity or something. Again, it's not my money but there's better ways to prove a point...

Eh, it's probably a knock off anyways...

I don't think it's reckless either.
What he did was clearly deliberate & nobody got hurt.
If he did indeed write it off, or get insurance to pay him back (maybe in China this is commonplace, idk) then it would have cost him close to nothing.

If anything it's reckless of VW to disregard it's customers the way it does.

Definition of 'reckless'

utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of ): to be reckless of danger.
characterized by or proceeding from such carelessness: reckless extravagance.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reckless

heavenboundkevin
03-17-2011, 04:02 PM
wish i could have taken a sledge to a lambo. Must have been sweet.