PDA

View Full Version : Drift version Of "I Live my life 1/4 mile at a time"

brianglawson
09-28-2003, 08:24 AM
i live my life one corner at a time with the ebrake up and the pedal down the smell of the intoxicating rubber sliding through the curves and then let down that hot as ebrake and warp into a whole other world of blur and the only thing that is going through your head is the pain of your neck being snapped back with one hope and wish that the tires you just turned into a set of hoosier racing slicks make one more turn

brianglawson
09-28-2003, 08:25 AM
i love making fun of that movie, even though i did like alot of the cars in it, especially that s2k, no tacky crap just some family graphics an performance stickers and one pissed off sound

DoriftoSlut
09-28-2003, 03:22 PM
You, sir, need to be herded into a field and bolted through the head like a cow.

DuffMan
09-28-2003, 11:33 PM
I live my life one quarter pounder at a time.

s13chica
09-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Dorifto180sx
You, sir, need to be herded into a field and bolted through the head like a cow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I agree with Dorifto...you need some serious help!

Dousan_PG
09-29-2003, 10:17 AM
i agree w/ dorifto.

Anubis
09-30-2003, 01:17 PM
I feel dumber after reading this thread

brianglawson
09-30-2003, 02:43 PM
hey it wasnt me that wrote it man, i found it on one of my friends instant messanger details and thought id post it, he got a buick rivera that he wants to drift ever since i showed him pics of you all,......lol he has those glown in the dark windsheild wipers and a flowmaster exhaust......im scared:eek:

Warwick5s
09-30-2003, 05:32 PM
in that case, make sure you bolt your friend twice before doing yourself.

nocomedown
09-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Warwick5s
in that case, make sure you bolt your friend twice before doing yourself.
agreed. that's just...not cool:coolugh:

AlligatorBling
10-01-2003, 10:38 PM
nice glamorization of drifting

edit: minus the ebreak part, fxck a ebreak

hondaguy
10-02-2003, 01:45 AM
ebrake:confused:

Dousan_PG
10-02-2003, 07:59 AM
you guys dont use the ebrake during drifting?

nocomedown
10-02-2003, 08:37 AM
speak for yourself alligator. e-brake makes things easier

AceInHole
10-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
you guys dont use the ebrake during drifting? \
my e-brake barely works.... stupid zip ties keep snapping.

Burmonster
10-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by AceInHole
\
my e-brake barely works.... stupid zip ties keep snapping.

Yes, the zippy ties on the ebrake line, I didnt think anyone else had the class to do that.:p

AlligatorBling
10-02-2003, 04:21 PM
ebreaks ok i suppose... i prefer to kick it side ways at high speed and go with it.

Dousan_PG
10-02-2003, 04:28 PM
you should watch some pros (in japan) drift
ebrake is used VERY often.

AlligatorBling
10-02-2003, 04:36 PM
::shrugs:: perhaps they are over there... i actually learned how to "drift" when i was about 6 on my little Honda 70cc fourwheeler, id powerslide around ever corner, and see how long i could keep it sideways... ive moved up though the ranks in atvs and bikes, and still love doing the same thing. the first week i had my 240 i went to the college parking lot at night and did some serious sliding, using the same technique ive used sense i was 6, might be more difficult to someone who hasn't mastered it. ive tried the ebreak, i think just lettin it swing out and go on its own is more fun.

Dousan_PG
10-02-2003, 04:37 PM
good for you
im just saying dont knock it
its another TECHNIQUE (of many) in drifting

DoriftoSlut
10-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by AlligatorBling
::shrugs:: perhaps they are over there... i actually learned how to "drift" when i was about 6 on my little Honda 70cc fourwheeler, id powerslide around ever corner, and see how long i could keep it sideways... ive moved up though the ranks in atvs and bikes, and still love doing the same thing. the first week i had my 240 i went to the college parking lot at night and did some serious sliding, using the same technique ive used sense i was 6, might be more difficult to someone who hasn't mastered it. ive tried the ebreak, i think just lettin it swing out and go on its own is more fun.
Sooo... you powerslide things? Umm mmkay. I mean no offense, but increasing your slip angle as you come out of a corner is safe and fun and gets you giggling. But getting sideways well before, and then sliding INTO the corner, apexing while sideways, and exiting sideways is not exactly something that "just lettin it swing out and go on its own" will accomplish.

AlligatorBling
10-02-2003, 05:29 PM
sure thing professor drift.... i believe its called fish tailing or something like that( Just really drawn out and under control to some extent). cut the jargon. you read way to much into things. there may be a science behind everything; however, thats no way to look at things. ::shakes head:: i dont know. you caught me at a bitter moment... something i see thats quite contagious on chats at times... ::laughs to self:: anyway, drifting is overrated. let the flames begin. :axe:

Dousan_PG
10-02-2003, 05:32 PM
its rice

so in a sense...overcooked rice. like that really hard rice you get if you overcook it...maybe burnt rice? hmm

Steeles
10-02-2003, 05:35 PM
its rice

so in a sense...overcooked rice. like that really hard rice you get if you overcook it...maybe burnt rice? hmm

Like crispy fried rice?

f2a4s0t
10-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Let me be the first to say thank you for not drifting. One less person to draw attention to the sport. If your like me and have no track around you want as little people as possible to drift in your area. Just a small group of my Humboldt county friends.

DoriftoSlut
10-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by f2a4s0t
Let me be the first to say thank you for not drifting. One less person to draw attention to the sport. If your like me and have no track around you want as little people as possible to drift in your area. Just a small group of my Humboldt county friends.
Stop being such a drift elitest. Who cares who tries to drift, or who starts.... Guys in Hawaii and Japan dont try and keep drifting small and elite. Hell 95% of the D1GP probably got into drifting cause it was bandwagon.

My post was directed as "letting the slip angle increase coming out of a turn is powersliding, not drifting." Dont take it the wrong way. I encourage everyone to try drifting and whatnot, but don't mix up DRIFTING with Fishtailing or Powersliding. Yeah they LOOK the same to an average joe, but seriously, they are completely different.

Anyway, I would say drifting is more like Ramen or Cup Soup. Why? cause rice is just so boring and plain. Drifting still have that complex nature and all the different things that are needed to make it drifting. Like skill. It doesn't take skill to put a neon shift knob on a car.

maybe drifting is ore like homestyle mexican rice. the kind with all the peppers and spices.

Dousan_PG
10-02-2003, 06:49 PM
mmm no...its more like burnt rice. smoking and ricey.

DoriftoSlut
10-02-2003, 06:57 PM
mmm no...its more like burnt rice. smoking and ricey.
Hahaha ok ok. :bowdown: :bow: :boink: :wtc: :cry: :doh: :coolugh: :drool:

Dousan_PG
10-02-2003, 06:58 PM
check out FA---PM'd u

nocomedown
10-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Dorifto180sx
maybe drifting is ore like homestyle mexican rice. the kind with all the peppers and spices.
i'm gonna have to go with this one. you can do so much with that kinda rice -- eat it alone, put it in burritos, put it in soups...the possibilities are endless.

now im hungry:(

AlligatorBling
10-03-2003, 05:35 AM
i wanna drift a dumptruck

Andy5
10-03-2003, 08:45 AM
I saw someone try drifting a dump truck full of rocks, and it tip'd over dumping rocks all over hwy31 :). Then 2 months ago same thing happen but the truck landed on a car killing a young lady :(. Burnt rice hehe. I've burnt minute rice before :bash: guess i'm not a very good ricer :D or a cook, my mom won't let me cook rice now :cry:..

mrmephistopheles
10-03-2003, 10:21 AM
ok
well..
this thread is beyond pointless anymore...