PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Leak wtf's?

iamtheyi
03-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I have a 1995 s14 with stock KA. I have recently been having these narly ass exhaust leaks that I can't seem to be able to fix. Just wondering if anyone has some tips or products that might help me out some. It's very annoying lol.

First off, I have a crack on my egr tube that comes out of the exhaust manifold. I just tried some muffler/exhaust pipe repair tape on it and it smelled like shit so I spent the last half hour scraping that crap off.

Next, I have a exhaust leak where the downpipe meets the cat and possibly another one where the downpipe connects to the exhaust manifold (haven't checked it yet. Will do tomorrow morning). These have been seriously pissing me off haha. I've bought at least like 4 gaskets trying to fix this thing and it hasn't worked yet.

Any tips? tricks? products?

562s13
03-07-2011, 11:13 PM
i used the exhuast leaks glue shit... it worked fine

iamtheyi
03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
i used the exhuast leaks glue shit... it worked fine

lol a link to it or something? Never heard of it

NismoDriverS13
03-08-2011, 05:11 AM
its very simple to fix exhaust leak. bolt it down tighter, or go and buy new exhaust and headers. thats what im doing.

iamtheyi
03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
its very simple to fix exhaust leak. bolt it down tighter, or go and buy new exhaust and headers. thats what im doing.

lol if it were that simple I would've done it already. Your approach is spending the most money possible for a simple fix. So you're actually taking the wrong approach to this situation. -I don't want headers because I plan on going boost and what's the point of changing the exhaust if it's not leaking from it?

Mel-O
03-09-2011, 08:23 PM
if theres cracks then have somebody fo a quick weld? i have leaks too and its annoying but i dont have $ for a full header to muffler replacement and i planned on getting the leaks welded shut next week

iamtheyi
03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
if theres cracks then have somebody fo a quick weld? i have leaks too and its annoying but i dont have $ for a full header to muffler replacement and i planned on getting the leaks welded shut next week

I don't want headers cause I'm gonna go KA-T in the future so it would be a complete waste. I can't weld it because the heat would melt through it since it's thin. The only thing someone said to me was I had to replace the entirety of it. Such a pain in the ass.

Eramo323
03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
go to the junkyard get a egr tube for like 5 bux........
gaskets don't the the job somethings seriously wrong
maybe not tightening shit down enough?? careful don't break or strip shyt

iamtheyi
03-09-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm probably gonna do that. I'm just saying that replacing it is a pain. I decided to get a OEM nissan gasket to see if it fixes it.

mattsil80wis
03-10-2011, 08:03 AM
high temp silicone inbetween the flanges along with a gasket