PDA

View Full Version : Installed Megan Racing FPR...and now having issues.

nippon240
03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Alright, I have a bone stock KA24de with a walbro 255 fuel pump (reason being is that my oem pump went out and I had a new walbro just sitting around) I installed a Megan Racing Adjustable FPR along with the Isis fuel rail adaptor...and Now my gauge on my FPR says im only getting like one or two psi of fuel pressure and the car is Idling rough. I ran the fuel line from the Isis fuel rail adaptor to the out nipple of the fpr, and I ran the fuel line from the hard line that went to the stock fpr to the in nipple on MR fpr. I even switched the lines and my car is still reading the same. I basically followed this guy word for word:

megan fpr install on ka24de - Nissan 240SX Forums (http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/do-yourself-section/138355-megan-fpr-install-ka24de.html)

Now my car did run before I installed this stuff...but it was hella rich. Maybe im over looking something...I dunno...I just wanna get this damn thing back on the road.

nippon240
03-04-2011, 03:01 PM
No one has experience on this?

KaminaSan
03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Alright, I have a bone stock KA24de with a walbro 255 fuel pump (reason being is that my oem pump went out and I had a new walbro just sitting around) I installed a Megan Racing Adjustable FPR along with the Isis fuel rail adaptor...and Now my gauge on my FPR says im only getting like one or two psi of fuel pressure and the car is Idling rough. I ran the fuel line from the Isis fuel rail adaptor to the out nipple of the fpr, and I ran the fuel line from the hard line that went to the stock fpr to the in nipple on MR fpr. I even switched the lines and my car is still reading the same. I basically followed this guy word for word:

megan fpr install on ka24de - Nissan 240SX Forums (http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/do-yourself-section/138355-megan-fpr-install-ka24de.html)

Now my car did run before I installed this stuff...but it was hella rich. Maybe im over looking something...I dunno...I just wanna get this damn thing back on the road.

No offense, but when it comes to something as serious as fuel pressure... I wouldnt skimp on the parts you use. FPR is possibly one of the most important parts of your car. Stick with stock, or get Nismo/Sard/aeromotive. I wouldn't trust something even as somewhat well established as Circuit Sports or Megan with my fuel.

Let's put it this way. Would you buy godspeed fuel injectors?

nippon240
03-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I fixed it....there was a plastic ball in one of the nipples. To answer your question, I agree 187% but its a stock KA. Ive had 2 SR's and never used "3rd party stuff..for lack of a better phase"....Basically I use this KA to go A to B

KaminaSan
03-05-2011, 02:24 AM
I fixed it....there was a plastic ball in one of the nipples. To answer your question, I agree 187% but its a stock KA. Ive had 2 SR's and never used "3rd party stuff..for lack of a better phase"....Basically I use this KA to go A to B

My bad, I was in the wrong. I didn't fully read your post, I was under the impression that you were installing this on an SR. How well does the FPR work?