PDA

View Full Version : springs too short?

Kr240sx
02-28-2011, 12:24 PM
So I went to lower my car very temporarily, lowering springs on stock struts just for 4 months until my bonus comes and I can order coils. So I have the front struts off and my lowering springs are on them but the actual strut hat bottoms out on the plate of the strut stanchion and my spring doesnt even seat in the strut. I know if i put them on my car with weight they will properly sit, but what about when my car is lifted up the springs could potentially pop out of seat. Has anyone ever had this issue or have any thoughts that the springs potentially could be for a different car or defective?

I know i am going to get major hated on here for even doing this but it is completely temporary until i can buy some decent Stance or Tein Coilovers in the fall. I also bought RUCAs and longer camber bolts for the front so when i do get coils all adjustments needed can be made properly. Thanks in advance for input.

r20crazy
02-28-2011, 09:56 PM
got a pic showing what you're talking about? doesnt sound right. are the springs actual aftermarket or cut stocks? u buy them new or used?

soreballz
02-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Tis a common issue.
[insert "deal with it" pic here]

TheRealSy90
02-28-2011, 11:25 PM
My cut springs always popped off the seat when the suspension extended, it pops back on later haha.

Kr240sx
03-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Thanks for some feed back guys, but they are new dropzone (ha i know they are chife, but remember very temporary!) Ill get some pics for you. It sounds like from the other 2 replies that this is typical and the weight of the car should atleast just seat everything properly?

r20crazy
03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
in the 10+ years I have had my s13 on drop springs I have never had the above problem, maybe thats because I bought quality springs and struts before all the knockoffs were around.