PDA

View Full Version : norcal shops for rb/1j swap

vboy720
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
hey, anybody have a good shop they can recommend for a 1jz or rb swap? I know there are acouple old threads on shops, but i feel like in norcal with the economy, shops come and go. thanks for the help!

slidewinder240
02-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Vex Motorsports in San Jose is great. I would go there first and if they cant do it, try Blacktrax in Milpitas. Both are very experienced and do quality work. Venus is good as well but I think they are in Sacramento. If you dont already have your motor, Venus is a good place to buy it from.

vboy720
02-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Iv heard nothing but bad things about.venus. im from sac and everyone i talk to tells me about theyre bad experience. Ty for the input, ill give.those shops a call. Anywhere else?

slidewinder240
02-27-2011, 01:10 PM
blu808 is good too but again, they are a bay area shop. Three of the formula drift drivers use them as their main shop. Sry idk any other shops in Sac but hopefully one of these ones can help u out. :)

Infamax
02-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Iv heard nothing but bad things about.Venus. I'm from sac and everyone i talk to tells me about they're bad experience. Ty for the input, ill give.those shops a call. Anywhere else?

I think the OP is looking for more of an actual automotive shop. Venus just sells motors and miscellaneous parts. I've never bought a motor set from Venus, but I have bought various other parts from him.

I haven't had a bad experience at Venus, he's let me return items no problem. The guy running the shop is pretty straight up, I think he just rubs people the wrong way. I'd be short with people too if I had to deal with a bunch of tire kickers, fan boys, and low-ballers.

There's Driven Authority in Sac, I haven't really heard anything about them, maybe someone can chime in on them.

RACETUNE
03-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Performance Options in Oakland. Talk to Joey. They do great work!!!

hey, anybody have a good shop they can recommend for a 1jz or rb swap? I know there are acouple old threads on shops, but i feel like in norcal with the economy, shops come and go. thanks for the help!

RicerJ
03-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Kip from driven authority is good from what i hear for motor work dunno about fab work though friend just got an sr from venus and it was good never heard much bad about venus just dont piss the guy off or you might get banned from them

sidewayskeet
03-23-2011, 09:38 PM
STAY AWAY FROM VENUS!!!!! Nothing but horror storie!! They lie about their motors all the time.

As far as the most competent shop around. Blu808 is by far the best shop for any swap. I have worked with Luke for years, he is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the industry. He is a welding master, amazing fabricator, and all around good guy. Give him a call if you have not already. I promise you will be impressed and satisfied.

Okinawandrifter87
03-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Blu808, Driven Authority and Vex Motorsports are all great shops to go to.. Haven't heard too many good things about Blacktrax but nothing bad either. Venus as an importer for motors to buy from I personally have not had problems and I have bought many SR's from them including a couple jz's and not the rapper either lol.

jesse_s13
03-23-2011, 09:48 PM
I buy my gear oil at driven authority =)

VQZ33
03-24-2011, 10:44 AM
my suggestion is that you honestly do it yourself and learn how, unless you wanna chase shitty wiring problems, loose and unplugged connectors, missing bolts and extra long harness wiring... :*( my friend had a shop do his rb swap and hes been chasing wiring mistakes for a year now... With the amount of work he did fixing these problems he could have swapped it in himself and saved a huge headache and a huge bill at the end of the day, and besides that you can choose how your wiring will look! It takes time but its not hard just tedious as all custom wiring jobs are.

EDIT: and at the end of the day YOU will know your motor and it's wiring inside out! WIN WIN SITUATION no?