PDA

View Full Version : Acura Brembos on S14?

Leetfade
02-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Can't seem to find much on this so I figured I'd ask here...

Anyone have any information on the feasibility of the Acura TL-S Brembo calipers on the S14 chassis? I was looking for STI calipers and some guy offered me his brakes from his Acura he's parting out and he said he thought they fit...

I really don't want to drop a good bit of money and find out they're not even close and it's not really near by where I can just go and measure everything out.

Thoughts?

Ali 556
02-22-2011, 11:05 AM
acura is 5x 114.3 so the rotor will fit, you need to fab a plate adapter and attach the oil line,

so yes you can do it

Leetfade
02-22-2011, 12:22 PM
What oil line?

Do any existing bracket adapters work (i.e. STI > S14 adapter)?

fliprayzin240sx
02-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Think he meant brake lines.

But bracket adapters would be iffy since you dont know how similar these brakes are to the STI ones. If you can find out if anybody has used this brakes on an STI/Subaru, then that should atleast give you an idea if the adapters will work or not. But in all honesty, you'd probably be better off going to a CNC shop and have them fabricate a bracket for you.

Leetfade
02-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Yeah I've been checking the Subi sites too (just bought a 2011 WRX so I've been registering on those too LoL) and just can't find anything...

I wouldn't mind doing the custom work if I had the extra time / cash I just don't atm...

I've been trying to find specs between the two. I can't seem to find tech diagrams / blueprints of the calipers.. bah..