PDA

View Full Version : Ddmtuning

tamdo7114
02-21-2011, 03:36 PM
purchased some ddmtuning hids on their site and asked for a local pick up. the email confirmation didn't give any special instructions for pick up so i thought they would have the set on hand. go to the store and they tell me i have to wait 3-5 days for it to ship from their san diego store. why do they have a store when they dont carry any items? especially common bulb sizing like h4. they said i was suppose to wait for their phone call for pick up. it would have been nice if they told me that in my email notification. I wait a week and still no phone call, so i give them a call at the beginning of the week and the guy tells me theyre backordered and they wont be coming in til the end of the week or beginning of next. its been 2 more weeks now and still no hids. i called them again and now the guy said another week and a half... long story short they suck running a business. DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR HIDS FROM THESE GUYS.

rebornS14
02-21-2011, 05:16 PM
for $40 kits you really cant complain. but i feel you. they have some gay policies on most of their stuff. i had issues with their lights flickering and took it back to them. they have a test bench and the lights didn't flicker when he hooked it up. but my problem was intermittent. would flicker sometimes, sometimes it would be alright. said it was a installation problem, but really. installation is pretty basic. plug and play so i dont see how it was a installation issue. bought a JDL kit for $80 and never had problems since.

JuMPiiN
02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I have a set, for 40 bucks can't really complain. There better than eBay garbage. But as far as customer service they blow, they suck with email, phone calls, ext. And they take forever to ship.

aziankingz
02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
For me, they have been good. I ordered a few HID kits from them; some are hit and some are miss. Just don't order their slim kits - they suck and are not stable. But like someone else has said, they are better than ebay and so so much cheaper. I snicker when i hear suckers paying 80+ on 35watt hid kits, when you can get 55w hid kits for half that!

Banana_Cute
02-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Shoulda just ordered from your locals on this site. Sonic Motors carries HID for $56. w/o a hassle.

norcalslider
02-22-2011, 02:36 AM
i have bought about 10 pairs of HIDS from them about 6 slims no problems then 4 regular ballast no problems...

besTint
04-18-2011, 02:29 PM
FYI guys, the previous manager there has been fired. he was a ahole, and i guess he was doing alot of shady stuff. The new guys and the original warehouse guy is hella cool. they wont dick you or give you the run around like the other guy did.

turbo_dreams
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
These guys have given me hell with my order, and last week my ballast blew, I've tried calling them and all I've gotten is voice mails. Left a message with my number and issue, yet to receive a call back. So much for their lifetime warranty.

nissan180sxer
04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
ordered a few from them with no problems but im local so i just went and picked them up.

turbo_dreams
04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
My lex came w/ some like 8k pure blue h.i.d's, I ordered a set of 5k pure white for the fogs and a set of 5k bulbs for the headlights through DDM TUNING & I'm waiting for them to come in, week after ...I call them like "what's the deal?" & they inform me that they don't ship 'till a week after an order's processed. Bullshit policy, but w/e. 3 days later I get an email saying the kit I ordered is out of stock however I can upgrade to slim ballast for $6 more (retail price, no discount) yet if i don't, they can't even give me an e.t.a of how long before I get it. So I give them the $6 & 3weeks later I should finally have them shipped to me tomorrow according to FedEx. I've heard alot of good things about them so maybe I'm just that one unlucky customer, their prices are great, I got my h.i.d kit for $45 shipped and a set of bulbs for $15.

That was what I went through to get them. Now, fast forward a few months
Last week I was driving, and my one of my fog H.i.d bulb just turns off. I get home, swap ballasts and test, turns out the ballast went bad, so I though "awesome, I have lifetime warranty". So I call them, and they're returns dept goes straight to voicemail, ironic that I never had to leave a voicemail when I was ordering my products. So I leave a vm, three days later, no response. I call this morning and leave another vm, still no response. I'll continue to call again tomorrow, but this is some unacceptable bullshit. Had I known I was gonna through this hassle, I would have much rather paid twice, hell, even 3x as much from a local vendor. With this being said, I'd never buy from DDM tuning again, and I'd advise everyone else to do so as well. Just look at their FB: DDM Tuning | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/DDMTuning)
They make a post:
DDM Tuning (http://www.facebook.com/DDMTuning)
Added a bunch of new LED's today. Mainly 194, T5 and T5-8.5D bulbs but more will be added later today and tomorrow:

DDM Tuning : Dash / Instrument Cluster LED's (http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/LED-Bulbs-Lights/Automotive-LEDs/Dash-Instrument-Cluster-LEDs)

And one of the comments: "Hi I placed order 166498-1 about 2 months ago and it just arrived, only only included 1 bulb assembly , the other HID kit had no bulb assembly. Please send me the other 6000k bulb and harness"
DDM's response?: "You ordered 1 HID kit and 1 pair or Error cancelers, what exactly did you receive?"
Customer: "No, I ordered 2 kits, paid for 2, got 2 error cancellers, got 2 ballasts but only one bulb, I think it is an 8000k because it has a bluish look which I now prefer, a 6000 would be white (yes?). If you would just send me 1 more bulb in it wiring harness I will order a couple of 35 watt HID sets for my spots"

Now, with going to one of the most recent things on DDM's page, and seeing discrepancy's like this, why must I think I'm the only one dealing with their horrible customer service? I know they make great kits, and many people I know have ordered from them, but why do I have to go through so much just to get some quality H.I.D'S?

Phate
04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Their shipping does take a while.

I've ordered two sets of HID's from them, and they work great, havent had any issues with them.

Hopefully they fix your issue.

vboy720
04-23-2011, 09:33 PM
i've order over 5 different kits, and multiple bulbs from them. awesome products at great prices. i haven't had to deal with their customer service, but judging from all the other forums they are vendors on, they are good.

gunmetalr32
04-23-2011, 10:11 PM
I Ordered some hids .but man do they lag

FaLKoN240
04-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Their prices are so low they have tons of orders everyday. Recently they've been dealing with customs issues and being back ordered on a bunch of stuff.

If you wanna save money you're gonna have to deal with the fact that everyone else does too.

They might be a little busy to be there at your beck and call.

LOVERboy
04-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Their customer service suck balls!!!!!!!! Even if u go to their store!!!! Yeah their price is hella low!!! But I've brought over 5 kit and all the pairs never come with a same color... What I mean is one side is always brighter than the other. And if you go to the store at like 4:59 (they close at 5) they will not let you in. And if u do get in, they will be all butt hurt and try to kick you out...

Sumslapper
04-24-2011, 09:23 AM
I live down the street from the DDM in San Diego and it's like a zoo in there. People are running around with papers for orders, customers are flooding in and out, some with orders of 30+. I think its because a lot of people here buy large quantity's and resell them. I went when it was raining out and it was that crazy.

As crazy as it is there, I was given good customer service and I have not had a problem at all with the ballasts or bulbs. I bought the DDM slim kit.

^^ Nobody likes the guy that comes in one minute before closing. If you have ever worked retail, that shit is really annoying.

kevmeistah21
04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
DDM = awesome! I got two seperate orders within 2-3 days?Prices are also low and they offer lifetime warranty!