PDA

View Full Version : driftin 20inch spinners

hondaguy
09-22-2003, 03:00 AM
i just thought of something,what would your reaction be if you seen a 240sx drifting on 20inch spinner rims??would that like trippy

revat619
09-22-2003, 03:34 AM
my reaction...

umm, regardless of the driver's skill, i'd say it was stupid and they should be slapped. But thats just me. :)

ruf
09-22-2003, 08:13 AM
Thought of it a long time ago. Weight the spinners so they never spin.

Dousan_PG
09-22-2003, 08:46 AM
ya same here. thought of that a while back, i remember ruf and i talked about it

i want some dayton style spinners. saw some at pep boys..damn hot! i'd rock it. for sure. but have to be on a real track, not cone dodging unless someone gave the spinners a 'head start' :p

i think it would be pretty cool. its all about having fun. too many people are caught up on 'oh you shouldnt do this and that look or use these and not those type of wheels' when you should be practing and getting better.

MorganS13
09-22-2003, 01:47 PM
thats something i'd like to see :)

s14slide
09-22-2003, 02:44 PM
We had a convo about it at work a while back when a guy here at the shop got one of the first sets to show up in town. We took his wheels and put them on a vette. I'll just say if my car was already hooked up, I'd definately be rock N em if I had the lute and skill part down. It simply looks bada$$ when that vette was doing skillful doughnuts. Simply crazy looking. Too bad we never got pics or vids.

Fastback180
09-23-2003, 08:27 PM
"My rims so shiney they clear like flat screen plasma gas right when dey seem em it's hard to breeve like they got asthma. Older people trippin cause they think they seein things, my car's sittin still but my rims still rollin man they off the chain!!!!"

- Three 6 Mafia, Ridin Spinners

:boink:

S13SilviaGirl
09-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by dousan36

i want some dayton style spinners. saw some at pep boys..damn hot! i'd rock it. for sure. but have to be on a real track, not cone dodging unless someone gave the spinners a 'head start' :p

Hehehe Aaron, Kevin and I saw some hub cap spinners the other day on an altima, I can go back and steal, errr, liberate em if you want a set *wink*

KiDyNomiTe
09-24-2003, 07:58 PM
they sell the hubs on ebay all the time now.

I would rock em, just for the hell of it. I think it would look cool for vids, especially reverse spinners. Imagine watching someone drifting or on the track with reverse spinners. That would really mess with your mind:p .

I am sure someone will sooner or later rig a set of rims with centercaos and get some chrome hubbies and make em spin, cant be that complicated, but I guess it wouldnt look to great without the full bling effect.

-E-
09-24-2003, 08:58 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33744&item=2433545882
http://www.prostreetlighting.com/ebay/keepspin.gif

mrmephistopheles
09-25-2003, 12:46 AM
i'd love to see someone with a set of spinners drifting on them.. maybe i should bring a set with me to sell to a drifter in Japan.. start a craze!
:D

ny_jee
09-25-2003, 09:34 AM
I'd love to drift some spinners at nite w/ LED's attached, and under car neon glow kit...

Dousan_PG
09-25-2003, 09:38 AM
hhahaha
i want to do that too!
sweet
come up to the line all normal. then hit the light switch, light up like a carnival. hahaha..soooo cool

rice is great.

Yoshi
09-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by mrmephistopheles
i'd love to see someone with a set of spinners drifting on them.. maybe i should bring a set with me to sell to a drifter in Japan.. start a craze!
:D

didn't they originate in japan?
The first ones I saw were about 3 years ago from a japanese vid of a VIP merc that had them, PIMPIN.