PDA

View Full Version : S13 twin cam smog question

92s13Widebody
02-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I have a s13 with a s13 twin cam and i dont have a EGR system i was wondering if i can pass smog with a oil change and run 91 gas right b4 i go and get my car smogged please help or am i going to have to put my EGR system back in to pass legaly?

Touge Noob S13
02-18-2011, 08:55 PM
It wont pass the visual test.

92s13Widebody
02-18-2011, 09:08 PM
It wont pass the visual test.

but will it pass threw the computer cause i have some of the EGR stuff so i was just gunna try and fake it like it was hooked up so it would pass visual

handinpants
02-18-2011, 09:20 PM
take it to one of those, pass or dont pay places

92s13Widebody
02-18-2011, 09:24 PM
take it to one of those, pass or dont pay places

what is that ive never heard of one of those?

Touge Noob S13
02-18-2011, 09:46 PM
but will it pass threw the computer cause i have some of the EGR stuff so i was just gunna try and fake it like it was hooked up so it would pass visual

what is that ive never heard of one of those?
Look around, they test the car and if it doesnt pass you dont have to play. Also some smog places are more lenient than others on the visual test and will pass the car if it passes just the emission test.

92s13Widebody
02-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Look around, they test the car and if it doesnt pass you dont have to play. Also some smog places are more lenient than others on the visual test and will pass the car if it passes just the emission test.

o ok thanks for the help

my new question would be does anyone know of these pass or dont pay places in LA (Cali)

and also so im getting this right it will pass the test when it comes up on the computer just not visual when they look at my engine?

Banana_Cute
02-19-2011, 01:19 AM
EGR is there for a reason. Though it may pass VISUAL, computer can still read the O2 readings the car is putting out through the exhaust.

Its like gutting your catalytic. Its gonna pass visual, but soon as they put that sensor inside the tail pipe, and runs the car at 25 mph.....= Gross Polluter.

92s13Widebody
02-19-2011, 01:34 AM
EGR is there for a reason. Though it may pass VISUAL, computer can still read the O2 readings the car is putting out through the exhaust.

Its like gutting your catalytic. Its gonna pass visual, but soon as they put that sensor inside the tail pipe, and runs the car at 25 mph.....= Gross Polluter.

so i wont pass?

Banana_Cute
02-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Dont think so, you can always try on one of those pass or fail places, most of em wont let you pay if you didnt pass.

Jonnie Fraz
02-19-2011, 09:25 AM
It will not pass. If you think it might have them do a pre-test...usually like $10.00 and they will not label it a gross polluter.

Pacman
02-19-2011, 02:35 PM
^^^
Not only will it not pass visual, you'll be gross polluting which then make you have to go to a test only station. Also, the next couple of required smog checks you may have to take it to a test only. I was told this be an instructor when I was doing smog license classes. Why would you remove the system anyway? Its only on when you're at cruise and not needing power (accelerating/load conditioners). People who take this off for 'm0 p0wa' are idiots. just my .02.

92s13Widebody
02-19-2011, 02:56 PM
^^^
Not only will it not pass visual, you'll be gross polluting which then make you have to go to a test only station. Also, the next couple of required smog checks you may have to take it to a test only. I was told this be an instructor when I was doing smog license classes. Why would you remove the system anyway? Its only on when you're at cruise and not needing power (accelerating/load conditioners). People who take this off for 'm0 p0wa' are idiots. just my .02.

i didnt take it off i got it that way and i the guy gave me a few parts with it but i dont know if its all of them and i cant find anywhere what all the EGR parts look like