PDA

View Full Version : Improved Police Tactics.

Bill Roberts
09-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Heres one for ya..

Cops are driving around in rice cars inticing racing and street behavour. Fully equippted with portable radios.

Seems they will come up to a light and try to run ya. Next thing you know, all the troups have you pulled over. Or they are cruising , pushing your speed up to a trap. They got the angles down. Not new news, but it is in Florida and will happen in Law enforcement all the place as time gets out. I am certain this is being shared by local/state officals.

Just behave.

This reported from a friend in Orlando Florida. He got nailed for 90 bucks in careless driving charges. 3 points.

It is clear they are running unmarked confiscated rice cars inticing a race or show-off.

Don't street show...and you are cool.

240Dave
09-21-2003, 08:13 PM
I don't know much about law, mostly what I read in the paper and see on tv, but wouldn't that be considered entrapment?

s14falcon
09-21-2003, 08:16 PM
I would definatley call that entrapment, but I don't know **** about the law so what can I really say. I saw this one prostitution sting on tv where they had some female cops drss up like hoes and walk around on the streets, then when the customers came, they rounded them up, so if thats legal, I can see how they would justify this too.

nocomedown
09-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 240Dave
I don't know much about law, mostly what I read in the paper and see on tv, but wouldn't that be considered entrapment?
exactly what i was thinking, however, i suppose if the cops arent actually racing, it's still legal. if i recall correctly, entrapment is when a law enforecement official does an illegal act in order to get you to do an illegal act so that they can arrest you. i do kinda like what these cops are doing, i just dont like how theyre trying to achieve it. i cant sit at a red light without a mustang or a civic revving their engine at me assuming that i wanna race just because i own a sports car. street racing is retarded, just dont do it and you wont get in trouble.

RoNiN240sx
09-21-2003, 08:18 PM
i've heard that they would drive out to the usual meet spots before street races in ricer cars, or confiscated street racing cars, and that once everyone meets up and goes to wherever they're going to race,the undercover would call in the squad cars and round everyone up. As for them enticing you to race at lights and what not...that's new, where did you hear this? i usually don't ever take up anybody at a light anyways, 1) because i'm not much of a drag racer, and 2) my car isn't even that fast yet. is this something cops have started doing just in florida, or is it nationwide?

Bill Roberts
09-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Street laws. Cops can break them legally, we cannot. Entrapment? Your worst defense is you were going outside the law because someone else did.

Entrapment is when you are not just lured into missbehaving, you were forced to.

Typical entrapment is when you were presented up front a set of rules that you can violate and then thus violating them, you are caught up.

Another case of entrapment is to have a road clearly marked for testing at 65MPH...and 65 MPH speed limits posted, then with no warning, close to bushes a 40MPH speed sign presented and a cop there, without a reduced speed ahead sign posted.

This happens all over. Even on I-95 it says reduced speed ahead, ...then 65MPH...then 55MPH....then another reduced speed ahead to 65MPH....depends on entrance and exit. You can beat missrepresentation if proven.

It is nationwide undercover effort I am sure.

Bill Roberts
09-21-2003, 08:46 PM
PS, the red light enticement by undercover cops is not new at all...it is getting more widespread as a tactical instrument. In Pensacola Florida, they have unmarked cars cruising the 3 mile bridge trying to get you to run with clockers on each side. Cameras too. 3 miles at 45 mph, beat it, you are down, cops making a try to get you to race, singling them out. Dead meat at the end ofthe bridge. The undercover ricers have cameras too.

Some folks got killed there, this is how they are catching folks.

It is working there.

russian
09-21-2003, 09:00 PM
thats funny in my town cops dont give a **** about ricers. street racing here is at its high.:aw: so much for a small rich city with good roads:)

Bill Roberts
09-21-2003, 09:16 PM
I never had a problem in Arkansas, nor did I street race. We went to the track and battled it out...allthough not in a 240 then.

Kreator
09-21-2003, 10:53 PM
bah old news

there is a mustang gt around here driven by a chick whose boyfriend is a cop. She shows up at rice meets and from what i heard tries to race you once people start leaving.

Also heard of a VR4 in Cali that is driven by a cop last year.. don't know how true that is.

Entrapment? Go prove it. They pulled you over, the other car got away. I'll like to see you prove it was driven by a cop. Bet you won't even remember the liscence plate.

s13silady
09-22-2003, 12:07 AM
here in san jo, theres 2 mustangs loud as all hell, one silver and one black... recently saw a green undercover stang... also theres a black Honda SI super dropped and super tinted...careful...
you could usually tell because they have lights mounted on the inside where its hard to see but not impossible to see...

RoNiN240sx
09-22-2003, 12:50 AM
i've heard the most strict of cops in regards to street racing are in San Diego, where they use any and every method to bust street racers. wasn't that joke of a documentary on street racing on MTV located in San Diego? anyways, i've heard that you can get a hefty ticket and/or get your car impounded just for attending a street race.

ruf
09-22-2003, 12:54 AM
1) Don't street race.

2) Ask them if they are a cop.

hondaguy
09-22-2003, 01:10 AM
man cops are:mrmeph: ,but so are the kids who street race so if they try and race they deserve to get a ticket or there car impounded but sometimes its hard to resist when a ricer pulls up and starts reving,but becareful becuz that first rev you do might be your last.:bite:

s13silady
09-22-2003, 01:27 AM
agreed with everyone else... so if you want to go out to your local street races, make sure you ride with someone else!.. hehe jk...
its funny how streetraces think theyre the sh*t until they here you blow off and stop revving and just back off..