PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering HELP!

sideways_s13!
02-16-2011, 03:42 PM
On my way home today, i noticed that my power steering felt a little harder to steer then usual. it was making the whining noise so i stopped to check the fluid level.
The power steering resivor looked like it was over flowing and i uncapped it and it was bubbleing ( almost a foam ) and it looked like it was just leaking from the resivor.

When i got home and shut off my car, (its a ka24de) the p/s fluid began to pour from what looked to me as the p/s pump/pulley.

i turned on the car again and the leak wasnt as bad, and when i turned it off it got worse. now it feel like i have no p/s at all.

Does anyone know what i should replace/check out? based on where the leak looks like its coming from, id say its the pump.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Sileighty_85
02-16-2011, 03:56 PM
if its leaking from the pump im gonna with it being bad and needs replacement

smokestr240
02-16-2011, 04:26 PM
it can also be the high pressure feed line or air in the system

sideways_s13!
02-16-2011, 06:58 PM
If its the high pressure line, could that cause it to leak through the front (right behind pulley)?
Should I try to replace the pump or the line first?
And is it safe to drive (lightly) with no fluid (or I could top off everytime I drive) in the system or should I just put my car down until I fix it?

180wanabe1
02-16-2011, 07:38 PM
i would say to put it down till its fixed, and if its leaking out of the pump then most likely something has gone bad inside the pump, i would suggest replacing the pump first.

sideways_s13!
02-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Ok, thanks everyone for the help and advice. I'm going to try to replace the pump by this weekend, ill let you guys know how it goes! Thanks again!