PDA

View Full Version : Pink Slip in Virginia? True?

CrOW
02-12-2011, 08:06 PM
So I'm buying a car from craigslist, I live in San Francisco, California. This guy said this to me:

" I realized that the car is still titled in Virginia (where I purchased it originally). not a big deal, but I dropped a bit to cover any headaches he might incur. If you are still interested let me know at what price you would be interested.the title is clear of liens and in my name
but in virginia "

" I think you might in order to get the new title in your name registered with DMV. Because the title from Virginia was in my name and free and clear, the state of california never forced me to re-title. "

"
No pink slip. We did not have pink slips for Virginia.
Signature on the title. And then I also complete a Bill of Sale that I provide to you. I then go online to complete a vehicle responsibility transfer online
You take the signed title and bill of sale to DMV and they will issue you a new title. Easy. You will have no problems with the title or with the car. "

True or scam? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

sidewaysil80
02-12-2011, 08:11 PM
in virginia all you need is a title or a notarized bill of sale to register a car. we don't have "pink slips"...just the vehicle's title.

CrOW
02-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the reply, so all I need is the title or a notarized bill of sale to the California DMV to transfer to my name?

CrOW
02-12-2011, 11:59 PM
any more help? pleaseeee.

stevenwhite1989
02-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I dont know the rules for California, but I have taken titles signed to the DMV without needing a bill of sales. Where is the car located, someone might be able to check it out for you make sure dude isnt scamming you.

Pure_JDM
02-16-2011, 10:29 AM
I would simply call your DMV, as well as one in his area, and ask them... Sounds like your best possible advise.

blueshark123
02-16-2011, 10:42 AM
have him go 2 dmv with u

onehundredoctane
02-16-2011, 01:17 PM
run the V.I.N. before purchase. that said, I've lived in NC and SC, bought and sold many cars and never heard of a "pink slip". Is that some b.s. Cali came up with to get more $ from you guys???