PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE rebuild shop in SD?

Tempo
02-11-2011, 01:04 AM
would do the rebuild myself but no time, just need a good reputable shop to do the rebuild, anyone know any?

i have a ams basic kit in mind for the rebuild

still looking stock but the engine is what i need fix up first, Thanks in advance :bigok:

azndummie
02-11-2011, 01:06 AM
corner3 garage in lake forest is pretty close

Tempo
02-11-2011, 01:17 AM

have you had anything worked on there?

DJDANGER24
02-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Try out Dad's garage in Lemon Grove. They do work for JWT and I've had a couple things done here and there on my RB25

Rally240sx.com
04-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Try out Dad's garage in Lemon Grove. They do work for JWT and I've had a couple things done here and there on my RB25

^^^^^^^^^^ the only place to go! Ask for mark tell him Travis sent you, I had him rebuild my ka24de 4 months ago and he did a great job, the guy knows nissans up and down, when I picked up my engine he had a r34 skyline sitting in the shop where he was starting a full rebuild... if someone with a r34 trusts him u should feel fine.

Dads garage
Lemon Grove, Ca
(619) 460-4160

grudge
04-22-2011, 03:39 PM
mark closed down his shop. he works for aero automotive now. i've known him for a long time. good guy and knows nissans.

Rally240sx.com
04-22-2011, 05:17 PM
holy shit! thats crazy, thanks for the heads-up def a guy I dont want to lose contact with. One of the few greats

where is this Aero Automotive??

grudge
04-22-2011, 05:32 PM
i don't know exactly where but im sure it's on aero dr.

hingamatt
04-25-2011, 04:33 PM
I had this same question. I googled Aero Automotive and only came up with Aero Auto Repair on Aero Dr. (Surprise!) Can anyone confirm this is the right place?

Rally240sx what kind of rebuild did you do? All stock or were ther upgrades? Can you give me a ball park of how much it cost? Did you bring the motor or did the remove and reinstall?

Thanks.

Rally240sx.com
04-25-2011, 04:52 PM
I had this same question. I googled Aero Automotive and only came up with Aero Auto Repair on Aero Dr. (Surprise!) Can anyone confirm this is the right place?

Rally240sx what kind of rebuild did you do? All stock or were ther upgrades? Can you give me a ball park of how much it cost? Did you bring the motor or did the remove and reinstall?

Thanks.

I took it all apart brought it in pieces, bored it .20 over, new pistons, bearings, oil pump, freeze plugs, rebuilt head, Cometic head gasket, arp studs reused rods, crank, timing kit, he put it back together I picked it up as a (longblock) came out to about $1,700

hingamatt
04-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Is that about what can be expected price wise? I have never priced a KA rebuild.

Rally240sx.com
04-25-2011, 06:28 PM
in my experience thats a pretty normal price, it just depends on what you need to have replaced or resurfaced? or if you want a "built" motor or stock you need to open the engine up to see what your working with as far as that goes. if you need a guide on how to tear down an engine properly check out this site: www.240SXTECHDVDS.org Home Page (http://www.240sxtechdvds.org) I bought the ka24de tear down dvd and it helped me out. or you could buy a longblock but you never know how well they were put together.

hingamatt
04-25-2011, 07:23 PM
My motor is ok. It has the chain rattle and almost 130k miles. Trying to decide if I want to dump a bunch of money, rebuild it, and drive it another 130k or get rid of it. I have ability to pull the engine out of the car but I have never opened an engine before.

Rally240sx.com
04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
if you only have 130k miles on it u probably dont need a rebuild, maybe just a timing chain and a tune-up, maybe a rebuilt head? are you having any problems with the engine? or smog? I had never tore down an engine either that dvd really helped... and buy a decent torque wrench if u dont have one.

oh and (if its a ka24de (duel cam) and your gonna sell it let me know i'll buy it off you)

hingamatt
04-26-2011, 08:36 PM
The only problem I am having is fuel related, filter or pump, not sure which. I think I need to keep my car for several more years so I was trying to find the best way to ensure that happens. Right now while i have the money I was thinking I should rebuild the motor or get a rebuilt used one.

Sell the motor or the car?

Rally240sx.com
04-27-2011, 01:21 AM
The only problem I am having is fuel related, filter or pump, not sure which. I think I need to keep my car for several more years so I was trying to find the best way to ensure that happens. Right now while i have the money I was thinking I should rebuild the motor or get a rebuilt used one.

Sell the motor or the car?

how bout you just fix your fuel issue??:duh:

hingamatt
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Lol I know. Fuel issue is seperate from motor issue. I was trying to find the best way to make sure my car is going to last another three years. I don't know if it will if I don't do anything to it at all. I will atleast do the timing chain. It has started to rattle.

Rally240sx.com
04-27-2011, 12:08 PM
good call , no one knows if there engine is going to last 3 years, sounds like this is ur daily, just do a good tune up and dont beat on it too much.

E2EKIELR34
04-27-2011, 12:13 PM

I say Corner 3 Garage as well. I got my KA rebuilt over there. Yea sure it's 45min drive for us, but def worth it. Pretty legit and awesome guys over there. Def trust worthy and awesome work.