PDA

View Full Version : initial d on tv!!!

joe5169
09-19-2003, 02:21 AM
whats up guys....

i just flippin though on tv and saw a commercial for initial d!!! i was so stoked!!! first time ive seen it on tv. anyway, dont mind me i'm just drunk too so yeah..

joe

Maeda
09-19-2003, 02:28 AM
The beginning...

of the end! j/k (or am i?)

As long as my roads arn't crowded(more then just me) and "drift" cars arn't targeted for anything I won't mind, except for the fact that they tossed out the super euro beat soundtrack...

Sil Beer S13
09-19-2003, 02:28 AM
Its good and bad. Its good because i like the whole story,animation, and the use of "real" cars. Its bad because a bunch of kids are gonna watch it and think they can drive like the characters in the videos, and end up getting seriously hurt or killed. But then thats just what i have to say about it.

DRFT
09-19-2003, 07:53 AM
eh...old news. this belongs in OT

SimpleS14
09-19-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by DRFT
eh...old news. this belongs in OT

I didn't know about this. :confused: But then again I rarely watch T.V.

West
09-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Moved to OT.

KiDyNomiTe
09-19-2003, 11:35 AM
I knew it was coming to tv, but didnt know this soon.

Aren't they changing all the names. Werent they supposed to make him a pizza man too, although that would not make one bit of sense.

Mainly cuz no pizza places are open at the times he delivers. We really dont have anything around here that needs delivering that early, closest is paper boy, lol.

Tricky1980
09-19-2003, 12:01 PM
what channel are you guys finding this on? im curious to see the differences and so on.. i have the original complete series and thought it was pretty intersting story...
JaY

-E-
09-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Tricky1980
what channel are you guys finding this on?

I've seen the commercial it on MTV when I was flippin the channels

CraigB
09-19-2003, 01:06 PM
I saw that commercial too, but I believe the point was that it was going to be available at Best Buy.

DRFT
09-19-2003, 01:08 PM
I hear its no good, compared to the japanese one because they changed all their names. also i heard that they took some scenes out of the racing. What a new way to find ricers in the mountains...:p

zenkiDori
09-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by joe5169
whats up guys....

i just flippin though on tv and saw a commercial for initial d!!! i was so stoked!!! first time ive seen it on tv. anyway, dont mind me i'm just drunk too so yeah..

joe
don't be so excited, they really ****ed it up. they changed it so much it sucks bad, i have some friends that bought the first DVD, it sucks like miko lee. buy the japanese versions from iloveracing.com

zenkiDori
09-19-2003, 02:18 PM
ok, just to clarify, they changed the names, took out a lot of tech talk, changed the race scenes and added some pretty lame "special" effects. special as in retarded. they changed the dialog a lot too, so now they saw things like, "that's dope", "tyte yo" and "it's gonna be jiggy!" even the japanese version they come bundled with is all f*cked up too. not worth it, especially since it's like, $20 for 3 episodes, and first stage is like 23 episodes long. might as well get the REAL version from iloveracing.com for $50 for the whole damn series.

i seriously hope this series gets cancelled FAST, and tokyopoop looses lots of money on this endeavor. there is a letter writing campaign going on telling them how much they ****ed it up and how much fans do not appreciate it.

zenkiDori
09-19-2003, 02:24 PM
oh yeah, and the music is now some lame ass rapper.

720_datsun
09-19-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by CraigB
I saw that commercial too, but I believe the point was that it was going to be available at Best Buy. i dont know about places but ive known for awhile its supposed to come out in english over here. just dont know the release date. and off topic kinna scarface was released in select citys today for the theater. new dvd comes out on the 30th.

s14falcon
09-19-2003, 06:06 PM
might as well get the REAL version from iloveracing.com for $50 for the whole damn series.

OK, this real version from japan, is it in english or japanese? BecauseI sure as hell know that will affect my decision on whether to buy it or not. Sorry for the dumb question.

zenkiDori
09-19-2003, 07:41 PM
japanese language with english or chinese subtitles, you pick on the DVD menu. trust me, the original subtitled is much better than this sh*t version dubbed.

soulDistortion
09-20-2003, 12:13 AM
If you are an even casual fan of Initial D, avoid the Tokyopop dub like the plague. They seriously f'd it up beyond belief.

Joe_M
09-21-2003, 05:12 PM
I bought the Tokyo Pop first DVD last night. First experience with Initial D. I must say, I was impressed. I caught myself smiling at it a bit when they started all the drifting downhill down the mountain. I thought it was a very good storyline so far too.

Here is what is in the DVD.....

You can choose between the Classic Japanese one, all the original names, sounds, soundtracks, and in Japanesse with English subtitles, basically is JDM yo!!! Or you can do the "Tricked Out" version which has English dubbing with new sound effects, new soundtracks, and a bit more "dumbed down" translation. Also the tricked out version has redone visuals where they will pan differently and also do a bunch of stupid special effects in the middle of the race scenes like fading to a reverse negative and whatnot. I didn't like that.

I watched the episodes on the Classic Japanese setting with subtitles. But if you wanted to, you can fine tune your settings. You could watch the Classic Version with the dubbing if you wanted, that way you eliminate the new stupid cutscenes. Also on the tricked out version, they replaced a lot of the engine sounds with a more generic revving sound. In the Classic Version it was really cool to hear the 1.6 in the AE86 just WAILING as it is driving down the mountain in the opening scene. In the tricked out version, it was a totally different sound, kinda tinny like a riced out Honda. And the BOV's they have on the Silvia's are pretty kick ass too.

When I bought this, I though I was getting all 26 episodes of Battle 1, but it was only THREE freakin episodes.... grrrrr. So all in all, 16 bucks well spent, but I will now probably buy the whole set from Hong Kong and get ALL the episodes, movie, and soundtracks.

Joe