PDA

View Full Version : Tein Tie Rods ( Upper and Lower )

Press
02-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Okay so I went to have an alignment done today and they told me they couldn't do it for several reasons. One being, to put it lightly, my car is a POS.

On the right side, my inner and outer tie rods are busted. This is great, this is probably why that tire shakes horribly, or because it's off balance. Also, my steering bushing is out(?). They said it's a hard part to get and it would be better to replace the whole rack. They quoted me $300 for the tie rods and $300 for the rack.

All that aside...
Would any of the Tein Tie Rods (TEIN USA | ONLINE SHOP | Tie Rod Products PRODUCTS | Pillow Tension Rod PRODUCTS (http://www.tein.com/online_shop/rod.html)) here work on a stock suspension? I'm not dead set on Tein, but I don't want OEM or to just go through the place that quoted me.

I'm up for any suggestions on parts. Good, bad, ugly. Call me an idiot if you like, but at least answer my question in doing so. :x:

wawazat8402
02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Check out SPLParts.com and you can see what they recommend for tie rods for a stock S13. By steering bushings, Im guessing the mean the ones on the rack. For that I would get the Energy Suspension ones. If you can get the front of the car on some jack stands you should have no issue loosening the rack enough slide them in and out. Theyre split so you can slide them in easier.

At most, you may need to loosen the engine mounts to raise the engine up a bit and get some more clearance.

Press
02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the info. Although for the record I drive a 95 S14, lol.
But thanks, I'll check out that site.