PDA

View Full Version : Sudden loss of spark S14 SR20DET

solepatch
02-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Hey guys I had my S14 SR swap running and was working on finishing up a couple little things,changing oil and bleeding the clutch, on Sunday. The car could start and although it was hunting pretty hard it would hold idle on its own. I had started it and let it run for a minute maybe half of an hour before we started on the oil change.

After the change I went to try to start it again and it would start but I noticed I had no dash lights. I thought "no big deal" and that we would figure that out after we had done the clutch and got the car into the garage. However the next time I tried to start the car it would not start and after poking around for a bit we pulled a plug and realized we were not getting spark.

This seems like a problem with a blown fuse to me and I had started to check fuses and grounds, but we ran out of light on Sunday and I haven't been able to go back to work on it any more. Is there anything else I should check, or any other reason that you all can think of that I would suddenly loose spark like that? A friend of mine did accidentally ground the battery at one point which is what makes me think it would be a popped fuse, but the car had started after that, which seems weird to me.

Also I had a huge hassle bleeding the clutch, we would bleed and bleed until the reservoir was almost empty and the clutch pedal would still just go all the way to the ground with no resistance and without moving the piston on the slave cylinder. I am going to try the bleeding into a cup and pushing the piston back method, but other than that I am lost on what I could be doing wrong.