View Full Version : need some help guys

norcalslider
02-01-2011, 08:40 PM
so im new to 240's i just bought my first one today with sr swap..it has a oil filter relo and the car is leaking oil kind of alot so i get under the car and have a look but i cant really tell even when i wipe it down,but my guess is the bolts arent tight enough is this common with relo's?

2nd when i was dring home i got all the exhaust fumes in the cabin and for a 2 1/2 hr car ride it sucks ass,oh and i needed gas so i fill up and when i get back in the car i smell raw gas and when im driving.why am i smelling all this shit? i looked to see if the bolts where all tight but the top cover to the pump had 1 bolt so i found 3 more and i hope that does some help.....

please help quick.thanks for listening to my rant

boosted KA24DE
02-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I am betting the big O-ring for the fuel sending unit is done. You have an SR so I'm also betting the last person installed a walbro fuel pump and reused the big O-ring(BIG MISTAKE) the minute fuel hits that ring it expands and will never sit in place and if installed incorrectly, it will leak and you WILL smell fuel. It's obvious someone was just fiddling with the pump since you mentioned there was only one 10mm bolt on the cover right? order new O-ring! As far as exhaust fumes go, you need to take a closer look at the whole car and pin point where its coming from.

norcalslider
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
i just talked to the guy and he said yes he had fuel smell too but because of the rubber groments arent in the firewall..but i will order some O rings for the pump..are you talking about the gasket thing when you pull it out?

LimeLite Racing
02-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Replace the O-Ring for the fuel pump. And no that is not common for oil filter relocation kits, but whatever you do, don't over-torque it down.
/\/\/\/\
Simple answer for your question.

norcalslider
02-01-2011, 11:16 PM
i agree and thanks...should i check the O rings on the injectors too

norcalslider
02-05-2011, 01:20 PM
which O ring should i get
1989-1993 Nissan 240SX Fuel Pump Gasket - Bosch (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQNissanQQ240SXQQBoschQQFuel_Pump_GasketQQ19891993 QQBS68203.html)