PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Regulators

Shadowhunter
01-31-2011, 09:33 PM
I am wondering what the differences between the various fuel pressure regulators on the market are.

There is the generic stuff like the isis: http://www.enjukuracing.com/images/isisfprkit.jpg
Sonic motor also sells this for like $45.
Then you have the options like SARD,Nismo,Aeromotive etc. I am wondering if anyone has practical experience with the fpr I posted above and if you have run into any issues. Are there issues getting reliable flow and/or Diaphragm issues? My main concern is leakage.

I've seen people run the generic ones and have not heard anything bad, and if enjuku and sonic motor sell them I would think that they would be reliable enough to stake their reputation on them. But I know aeromotive and SARD make quality stuff. Money is not an issue but I'd rather not spend more of it unless I have a good reason to do so. So positives/negatives with any brand I mentioned and if you have had any practical experience or issues with the brands mentioned above would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help and feedback.

Freise
02-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Watch out for name brand knockoffs. I was worried about the same things but I decided to go with a name brand for $50 more, just for the peace of mind, especially when it comes to fuel system. I got a legit Tomei adjustable FPR w/ Gauge and adapter for KA/SR ~$100 shipped, and it's been pretty nice. Even let me relocate it and pull some of the fuel lines off of the intake manifold, plus it looks a little bit better than a bright red one imo lol
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr354/Freise/TomeiFPR.jpg
if you go with sard/tomei/aeromotive go to their sites and read about how to spot a fake.

Shadowhunter
02-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the input. But I'd like to know what makes a $180 FPR different from let's say the $50 one that sonic motor sells. I want to know what's different or the same. The only thing I have seen is on the megan site it says not to run their fpr for boost only for N/A. Which leads me to believe the universal ones can only handle so much flow. Anyone else have any input?

Kiro1968
02-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I have the Aeromotive one with liquid fill gauge on my MKIV Supra for my TT swap. As for knock-off stuff, I would think the materials they use might be of lesser quality, but I can't say that for sure. Spend the extra cash on a good name brand, proven to work well, and its one less thing to worry about.

Drakey
03-06-2011, 01:47 AM
I use SARD on my S15. Brilliant and has a bung for a sensor (which I attached a FP gauge to). Easy to adjust and FP rises nicely with boost. Make sure you put a clamp over the vacuum hose which ever one you go for. And use Teflon tape on anything that goes in - because it WILL piss fuel if you don't.

Anyone running a brake master cylinder stopper and aftermarket FPR on an S15? Need relocation suggestions...