PDA

View Full Version : 1995 ka overheating problems

jzamerican
01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
so i bought this engine from a buddy and ik it overheated it has a new water pump new thermo and everything but a new rad it always overheated the only time it didnt was when it had no thermo it was just rebuilt new bearings and all new gaskets and a valve job idk what it could be

iLagX
01-30-2011, 02:46 PM
you need to remove the air bubble by bleeding it!

jzamerican
01-30-2011, 03:26 PM
do you know how many times this thing has been bled?! probly 5 times a week and the only thing that solved it the wrong way was no thermo my buddy tried 2 or 3 thermos and none worked i guess

Corey121
01-30-2011, 06:29 PM
do you know how many times this thing has been bled?! probly 5 times a week and the only thing that solved it the wrong way was no thermo my buddy tried 2 or 3 thermos and none worked i guess

How are you bleeding it, I had no luck using just the bleeder bolt, i had to put the car on ramps turn the car on let it warm up with the heater on and then let it cool off and it seemed to work for me (keep it on the ramps the whole time), Also make sure your resevoir is full so it has something to replace the air with...

jzamerican
01-31-2011, 02:38 PM
i only bought the engine from him. i told you guys what he tried doing. he is putting a 1jz in his car right now. i think hes a member on here just dont know his name

Kiro1968
02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Are you running the stock mechanical fan clutch or electrical fans. If you have the stock mechanical fan clutch check to see if its functional if not then replace it since you already replace the thermostat and water pump.
For bleeding the system, jack the front of the car up, make sure the reservoir is full, open the radiator cap, start the car and turn the heater to full blast. Air bubbles will come out and fill as necessary.

jzamerican
02-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Are you running the stock mechanical fan clutch or electrical fans. If you have the stock mechanical fan clutch check to see if its functional if not then replace it since you already replace the thermostat and water pump.
For bleeding the system, jack the front of the car up, make sure the reservoir is full, open the radiator cap, start the car and turn the heater to full blast. Air bubbles will come out and fill as necessary.

it has e fans and im not sure how it was bled so idk if that can be it i do know the screw was constantly opened. and this engine is going in my mustang so i cant bleed it properly right now