PDA

View Full Version : Watanabe rs8's on ebay.......SICK

RBS14
09-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Here's the link. Just a heads up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2431857054&category=43956

fantasya98
09-15-2003, 12:08 PM
sooo clarification here plz? which is the more expensive one, f8's or rs8's wats the diff?

RBS14
09-15-2003, 01:55 PM
that's a good question! I have no idea to be perfectly honest.

nokeone
09-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by RBS14
that's a good question! I have no idea to be perfectly honest.

shut up homo...ur worthless...:rolleyes: :fruit:

when are gonna do something with your life anyway??..:ghey:

and our diffs didn't come yet...we're FCUKED if they don't show tomorrow... :-/

SilviaDriver
09-15-2003, 02:31 PM
from wat i remember..F8s are better than RS8s

RBS14
09-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by nokeone
shut up homo...ur worthless...:rolleyes: :fruit:

when are gonna do something with your life anyway??..:ghey:

and our diffs didn't come yet...we're FCUKED if they don't show tomorrow... :-/

i didn't know i was such a queer.... but the almighty Driftigan says so.

Yes, we are fcuked if our diffs don't come by tomorrow. We are also fcuked if you can't get mark and/or andy to install them for us. So if you can't.......... you too are gh3y.

Silvia driver* what do you mean by better?

Ni5mo180SX
09-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Not the biggest fan of dealing with wheelchoice.

RBS14
09-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Ni5mo180SX
Not the biggest fan of dealing with wheelchoice.

Please elaborate.

dnomyar
09-16-2003, 01:38 PM
yes, please elaborate. i would like to know why you didn't like dealing with them because i was going to buy some wheels from them.

Ni5mo180SX
10-26-2003, 12:03 AM
Sorry for the delayed response. Well its been a while now but I remember in the limited time we spoke, it was a PITA to deal with them. They were selling a set of Watanabes RS8s and I called in, I believe he priced them at $850 or so. I let him know that if he were willing to let them go for $775, since the lip was scratched on two of them, id be up there the next day. He wouldnt budge on the price and insisted that I come up before we have any further dealings. Being as wheelchoice is over an hour north of me, I dont really have time to go there and haggle further with him so no big deal, I let it go. He said others wanted to buy it asap anyways.

Well about a week goes by and those SAME wheels are on ebay now. Im high bidder at 550 when I realize, theres a reserve, wonder what it could be set on :rolleyes: I bid up to 750 or so and call him and let him know im the high bidder and if hed like to settle on a fair price and end the auction early. Answer is - no. Then whats the reserve set on? 900. Well, needless to say, the wheels did not sell on ebay either.

Time goes buy again and I see an item, Mazdaspeed wheel going for $300. I let him know id pick up for 270-280? and he denies it, saying he'll use it himself if it doesnt sell. The wheel doesnt sell. Three weeks later, the wheel is still on ebay selling at 270, fuck that.

I understand thats a part of business and that hes looking out for his own interest but for $20 bucks or in the case of the wheels $75? If he would have complied a bit and sold the wheels a little lower, we would have had a pretty good deal for the both of us IMO and I would have definetly gone on to purchase the MS wheel from him in turn, potentially making up that slack he cut me for the wheels.

I just wasn't a fan of the shady pricing I guess. Bottom line for me was that he could have easily made long term customer out of me for a little more support on his end.

West
10-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Very Nice, I almost got them. but they dont clear Z Brakes... so no thanks!

kazuo
10-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Ya Wats are teh hotness. Too bad those are five lug. :P They are on eBay all the time...

WeST: They won't clear Z calipers? Well that fuckin sucks... I guess I might as well buy CE28... :(

Can't I just slap a fat ass spacer on them? :PP

mbmbmb23
10-31-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ni5mo180SX
Sorry for the delayed response. Well its been a while now but I remember in the limited time we spoke, it was a PITA to deal with them. They were selling a set of Watanabes RS8s and I called in, I believe he priced them at $850 or so. I let him know that if he were willing to let them go for $775, since the lip was scratched on two of them, id be up there the next day. He wouldnt budge on the price and insisted that I come up before we have any further dealings. Being as wheelchoice is over an hour north of me, I dont really have time to go there and haggle further with him so no big deal, I let it go. He said others wanted to buy it asap anyways.

Well about a week goes by and those SAME wheels are on ebay now. Im high bidder at 550 when I realize, theres a reserve, wonder what it could be set on :rolleyes: I bid up to 750 or so and call him and let him know im the high bidder and if hed like to settle on a fair price and end the auction early. Answer is - no. Then whats the reserve set on? 900. Well, needless to say, the wheels did not sell on ebay either.

Time goes buy again and I see an item, Mazdaspeed wheel going for $300. I let him know id pick up for 270-280? and he denies it, saying he'll use it himself if it doesnt sell. The wheel doesnt sell. Three weeks later, the wheel is still on ebay selling at 270, fuck that.

I understand thats a part of business and that hes looking out for his own interest but for $20 bucks or in the case of the wheels $75? If he would have complied a bit and sold the wheels a little lower, we would have had a pretty good deal for the both of us IMO and I would have definetly gone on to purchase the MS wheel from him in turn, potentially making up that slack he cut me for the wheels.

I just wasn't a fan of the shady pricing I guess. Bottom line for me was that he could have easily made long term customer out of me for a little more support on his end.

Those rims have been on and off of ebay for like a month or so. I wonder if they'd clear Zbrakes with a nice spacer??

-m

S13SilviaGirl
10-31-2003, 07:52 PM
That is wierd that you all have had bad experiences with wheelchoice. Joji is a really nice and easy going guy. The prices for their wheels arent horrible, they don't make that much off the wheels they sell, you have to remember that they have to pay shipping and what not to transport them overseas...blah blah..you get the idea. I don't know who you dealt with, but it dosn't sound like the wheel choice that I know of. Sorry you had a bad experience, maybe try dealing with someone else at the store?