PDA

View Full Version : Fuel cut or what?!?! Help!

1jz_240
01-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Alrigt so I have a 91 s13 with a ka24de and I've been changing everything around the motor slowly just to ensure reliability because it has 215xxx miles on it and they can only last so long but I want it to last until I can collect the rest of my 1jz swap parts.

Anyways. To the problem. When I start out like from a stop in first gear almost everytime it like bogs for a moment then it's like it finally gets gas fed to it and it finally picks up power and goes. And it usually does it shifting in to 2nd-5th until I get to a little higher rpm range. Does anyone know what it could possible by? Fuel injector? Fuel pump? I have no idea. And help would be appreciated. :ughug: thank you!

1jz_240
01-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Anyone know?

japslapsilvia
01-21-2011, 12:26 PM
check the sock filter, its probably caked with sediment

1jz_240
01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
call me dumb. but where do i find that at?

JDMS13Louie
01-23-2011, 04:03 AM
Mine did this too and it turned out one of my injectors was out.

Ali 556
01-23-2011, 06:17 AM
what fuel pump? did you swaped the sock of the FP out? also check your fuel psi and fuel filter in the engine bay.

lastly report back

buentellomma
01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
could also be the mafs, mine did something like that once and it sucked some dirt across one of the wires and bent it a bit.. wouldnt hurt to check it

japslapsilvia
01-25-2011, 10:31 AM
call me dumb. but where do i find that at?

sock filter is in the tank. pull the sending unit out and you will see it attached to the pump

1jz_240
01-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Mine did this too and it turned out one of my injectors was out.

yeah thats what im thinking it might be too. i bought some off of a guy here with less miles so it cant hurt to change them even if its not the problem. thank you

what fuel pump? did you swaped the sock of the FP out? also check your fuel psi and fuel filter in the engine bay.

lastly report back

i havent swapped anything out. i havent gotten a chance to check the fuel psi but the filter seems to be ok in the bay.

could also be the mafs, mine did something like that once and it sucked some dirt across one of the wires and bent it a bit.. wouldnt hurt to check it

alright i will try that. thank you

sock filter is in the tank. pull the sending unit out and you will see it attached to the pump

thanks a bunch