PDA

View Full Version : TPS Auto SR20DET Question, Please HELP!

mys13silvia
01-14-2011, 03:45 PM
First off, Hello Zilvians! This is my first post here on Zilvia, and unfortunately I have got to ask for help/advice/suggestions here.

I have a s13 that i bought in June from Azusa, CA, it's a converted RHD, with a SR in it and I have nothing but problems with this car- whatever it is, for the love of the car, I mostly fixed the kinks and it ran good for a while, I have changed the head gasket, host of other gaskets and stuff, IACV, intake manifold, injectors, used but in good cond. T25 and etc, etc.

Now, my problem is after making a 1900 mile drive to Fort Lee, VA from Fort Bliss, TX, my idle is acting really crazy, it will go up to about 1900 rpm and down to 1000-1100rpm, it does that for a few times and then it idles at 1800rpm at a stop light or when it's in (N). From what I learned, it is the TPS that has gone bad, so I am determined to change out the TPS, however my TPS is from an AUTO SR20det because it is the 6 wire thingy instead of the manual 3 wire, I have tried and research, googled and used the [SEARCH] button on most forums and no one has got a pinpoint answer of what USDM substitute to use, a lot of chaps are saying to use the SR20DE TPS [P/N:SERA 483-23] from a 95 Infiniti G20 which is fine and dandy but the G20 TPS has got 2 plugs coming out of the TPS and mine has only one. Some chaps reading this now , why don't I splice or change my engine harness to a wiring specialities harness, I can't for the former as I am not well versed at all when it comes to electrical wiring splicing (and I don't have my tools, I'm here for training) and for the latter, I just can't be spending $ on something that might not work as I got an E6 ECU and on FRsport, they don't list an E6 ECU as an option for the WS harness, planning to take the car to Jordan Innovations after my training for a whole wiring revamp. Therefore as of right now, I am stuck at a dead-end.

I am going to attach some pics of what my TPS look like.22174

Please enlighten/help/advice me. I really need your help in the right direction, if somebody who lives in the Fort Lee area would help me, that would be bloody wicked. Monetary or bubbles(beer-for all who is wondering) compensation will rewarded with a huge smile!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, I love my car and I don't want to see it break down as this is my only mode of transportation i got here. Thank you so much. Cheers!

Very Respectfully,
Rish

redsx13
03-22-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm guessing since it's already been 2 months since your post that you've fixed your problem, but I have decided to post anyway, maybe to help you or someone in a similar position. Firstly, I like to start off in saying that the problem is probably related to your tps, reason I say this is because the sr20det auto tps's are prone to failure. Someone in your position basically has three options: 1. Replace with the oem 1plug six wire sensor if you can find a jdm one. 2.replace with a 6 wire tps off a usdm j30/ sentra ser/ 200sx ser and splice the wires. unless you are still rocking an automatic sr I wouldn't waste my time with either of the above, but what I would do is option 3, so here it is. 3. What you want to do is find one of the three types of cars noted above (in 5 speed) and remove the tps and 1plug 3 wire pig tail from it. The wiring process is so simple even my little sister can do it. Basically you only need three wires to run a manual trans tps, a ground(black) a power(red) and a signal(white). Simply match the same wires from the new pigtail to your harness and your done. You can even crimp them together for all I care just make sure to properly adjust your new tps when your done, the car will run ok either way tho. to adjust, simply use a volt meter to check your output voltage (signal and ground wire) with key on ign with the motor off. voltage should be .45v if I can recall.

kojiki88
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I know it has been months since last respond but I need help with mine. My SR was an automatic until I did the 5speed swap. Now I just finished cutting the old plug and removing the auto tps put in a manual tps with the 3 wire plug I even threw in the 5speed ECU and when I went to check the output voltage its at 5.11??? WTF so frustrating... I tried adjusting it and nothing changes it still reads 5.11, I even checked the other two wires and still reads the same. IDK what else to do or look for can anyone help me out here please.