PDA

View Full Version : What awesome parts should I buy for my S13 IN JAPAN!!!??

fourustwentius
01-06-2011, 09:24 PM
So I'm stationed in Okinawa, not quite Japan but closer than Cali. Now my master plan is to buy all my righteous, rare, JDM parts here. "Why?" might you ask? To bring them all back and build a dream Nissan Sileighty.

The question is simply this...What parts should I be on the hunt for while I am here.?

Please be aware that any posts about bringing back R34 GTR's or S15'S will be utterly ignored by me. If you've clicked on this thread and want to help a fellow JDM loving dreamer such as myself, just list the parts you would want on your S Series.

I am already set on having an SR20DET of some variation mated to a 5 speed SR tranny. I will be using the S13 front end. Everything else is still up in the air.

I AM NOT BRINGING BACK A WHOLE CAR IN A CONTAINER PERIOD. But I do hope to bring all my dreamparts. One last note, I will not respond to parts request, however, if I come across parts to sell I will post them in the classifieds.

If you hate the idea that anyone would try to learn more about cars they like on a forum then post here....
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/361275-everyone-who-angry-people-asking-about-car-parts.html#post3816227

Thank you in advance Zilvia family, and God Bless! :)

-Mike

TheRealSy90
01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
A sileighty.

Sileighty_85
01-06-2011, 10:14 PM
So I'm stationed in Okinawa, not quite Japan but closer than Cali.

Thats probably the dumbest thing Ive ever heard,

How is Okinawa JAPAN not quite Japan?

Bring back what you want, Its your car build it how you want it.

Were not gonna build it for you

enkei2k
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
buy your own shit, do your own research on what is "righteous, rare, JDM parts" whatever the hell righteous means in this regard.

and by the way,you should bring back an R34 and S15.

fourustwentius
01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Really Zilvia? You're going to let a few angry flamers with too much time on their hands define the site. No, tisk, I believe there are helpfull people here who have good info. Thanks for the free bumps though :)

s14canyoncity
01-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Silvia aero bumper.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/jspec_2134_210581

personally i would just hunt down a pair of this bumper (complete) and a nice set of wheel that you don't see often in the US. Other than that few nice accessories.

But seriously you need to do some "search" .....and do some homework.

FYI, there not flaming there pointing out the obvious that this is your car....and also most of us do a lot of searching for our build/cars so why can't you do the same instead of getting spoon fed.

:drama:

fourustwentius
01-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I am not looking to avoid research. This is part of the research "networking". Also, there is no reason for people to swear at others for simply asking a question, if they were only making a statement they wouldn't need to use any agressive language, or be so upset about it. If it bothers anyone to such a degree where they feel they cannot control themselves then they should read something that has the opposite effect. Why would anyone want to waste any time of their live's being angry and looking to argue? But if that is what people are looking for it's ok. I forgive them. :)

Back on point, I know that when I was younger I had a lot of time to dream about parts that I would one day want to buy if I came to Japan. Becasue I know that I am not the only person like this I figured others might chime in as you did with the bumpers. I don't need pictures but they are appreciated and thoughtfull. Thank you for the inputs and bump.

So far I know I am going to be looking for the following parts...

A clean complete S13 Silvia front end with widened overfenders, brick headlights, and "Silvia" grille.

Nismo 17" or 18" wheels

Nismo or Cusco suspension components such as coilovers, control arms etc.

A Nissan 1.5 LSD

Nismo exhasut

and clean interior parts.

The rest of the list is not set in stone and the motor build parts will mostly be from the States.

Hopefully this will show that I have done some leg work, and am not being lazy.

If you are reading this and want to be helpfull please do, if this offends you to the point of anger then please do not participate in the thread.

Thanks again:)

Okinawandrifter87
01-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Only thing is you seem like a fanboi that just got to Japan and doesn't know what to buy so your asking us. I understand you are networking but maybe you should research more so you can ask more detailed questions showing your research instead of asking such a broad question or a question that has been asked millions of times since the beginning of Zilvia. If your reading this and it offends your to the point of anger then Welcome to Zilvia.

Thanks again.

TheRealSy90
01-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Looks like everything in that list can be purchased here too. Sure it may be cheaper buying it in Japan. Then you gotta ship it here.

fourustwentius
01-07-2011, 03:10 AM
No shipping fee ;). What I am hoping to see is some sort of Holy Grale of 180 parts to look for. I know I must go pop out some quarter windows that have the "180sx" on them. Any other ideas?

KARMA91
01-07-2011, 03:15 AM
LOL. Bring back the holy grale of 180 parts so you can sell it for a holy price back in CA. I agree with the people who posted what they posted, you should do more research and then proceed in buying parts. What's the use of getting parts for YOUR car based on what OTHERS like?

fourustwentius
01-07-2011, 03:40 AM
If you want to help a fellow car enthusiest than don't be afraid to be a positive person in the world. It's so easy to be hatefull and bash others for anything. I used to be like you Karma and judge everyone for everything but I found that I was creating more suffering in the world that eventually came back to me. You'll see this one day.

Also, who said I would be buying every part that "other's liked"? Maybe I am just picking people's brains to see what they have learned and are willing to share with me. Thank you for the bump and God Bless:)

fourustwentius
01-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Only thing is you seem like a fanboi that just got to Japan and doesn't know what to buy so your asking us. I understand you are networking but maybe you should research more so you can ask more detailed questions showing your research instead of asking such a broad question or a question that has been asked millions of times since the beginning of Zilvia. If your reading this and it offends your to the point of anger then Welcome to Zilvia.

Thanks again.

Why would it matter if I were a "fanboi" everyone starts somewhere? I am starting to think that no one has ever asked for or received help on this site. Have people been very unkind to everyone as they built there cars? Or does everyone hate car people so much that they must register on a forum so they can spend their very valuable time being abrasive?

ThatGuy
01-07-2011, 05:30 AM
"I turned to this site after seeing it referenced in Modified mag, and thought I could get some helpfull info here."

Then LOOK for helpful info instead asking for it to be handed to you.

It's not about being "unkind", or "haters", or any other lame term you are attempting to use to define our members. It is about making you work for yourself. It is your car, so all the decisions should be yours.

Do me a favor. Find out how Zilvia works before wasting my time again by reporting my members for not catering to your will.

BTW, the vehicles that have been in Magazines, referencing Zilvia, didn't have to ask us how to build their car either.

This is now over. You can either stick around, and learn to adapt to the ways of Zilvia, or you can leave. The choice is yours.

:lockd: