PDA

View Full Version : SR20det MIL wiring for Digital Display Cluster.

nismolvr
01-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Ok , this is th deal , Im wiring up my MIL from my sr ECU, ive added a pin to Big blue ECU connector located @ pin 24. Now I know I have to wire it to Dash connector , I cant seem to find a the MIL circuit or wire color in any of the wiring Schematics. I dont want to Remove Cluster and back probe. Any one done this? Help me , Im being lazy, save me from having to pull Cluster.

OkiDori17
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm not 100% sure but im pretty sure its the red wire on the F1 connector (dash connector off the ECU)

nismolvr
01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm not 100% sure but im pretty sure its the red wire on the F1 connector (dash connector off the ECU)
the red one has 12v ! I dont know how the circuit works ,but I assume the pin 24 supplies voltage or ground signal to the MIL.Dont think it receives power. I need to absolutely shure ,.I dont want to smoke check my ECU...thanks tho..

OkiDori17
01-06-2011, 09:20 PM
what are you trying to accomplish?
MIL? malfunction indication light?

OkiDori17
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
earlier i was looking up how to check the error codes on my SR ECU...i have the E5 ECU so i dont have the little LED to check them so and while searching i found this

(How to pull codes from an E5 blacktop ecu...anyone know? : SR20DET Forum (rear-drive) (http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-pull-codes-from-an-e5-blacktop-ecu-anyone-know-t298233.html))

about halfway down it explains how nissan intended it to be setup

"The way it is supposed to work (the way Nissan intended it) is pin 24 should connect to the red wire on F1, which goes to the check engine light on the S13. Pin 23 should connect to the green/red on F1 that goes to the Consult connector (for S13, only 91-94). The consult port provides +12V in the adjacent space on the Consult connector for you to short. Then you'd read codes flashing out on the check engine light."

im not 100% sure, i just jerry-rigged my own little LED to check it but ive seen this post on multiple forums and other people seemed to like it

nismolvr
01-06-2011, 09:48 PM
what are you trying to accomplish?
MIL? malfunction indication light? I know how to pull the codes ,I dont do that any more , I have wired my Nissan consult diagnostic wiring to Sr ECU. I have a consult cable and software and can check for codes and read Live data on my Lap top. The only reason Im wiring the MIL is So I can Know the moment the ECU sets a code and I can Fix it right away.Just like a USDM car.

OkiDori17
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
and what i sent you about the red wire is what you have to connect to port 24 so your MIL or CEL will work
read that forum and search around a little more about it and youll see

nismolvr
01-06-2011, 10:03 PM
and what i sent you about the red wire is what you have to connect to port 24 so your MIL or CEL will work
read that forum and search around a little more about it and youll seeIm reading it ,thanks for the link..

nismolvr
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM
read that forum and search around a little more about it and youll see
Thank you Okidory17 , going to wire it up now....:w00t:

OkiDori17
01-06-2011, 11:20 PM
post back and tell if it works

nismolvr
01-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Its not working, Im getting 12v from red wire on F1 dash plug.I wired it to pin24 and turned ignition on engine off and no MIL. So Im beggining to think pin 24 is not making good connection @ ecu pin or dash bulb is out.But that doesnt make sense .If power is flowing through bulb fillament and ending at open red wire. If my theory is correct ECU grounds the MIL circuit to turn light on and off. Its late , im tired ,ill check it tomorrow.ill keep you posted..:faint:

nismolvr
01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I pulled my gauge cluster, MIL bulb was good and working (tested it). The red wire leading back to ECU from F1 connector is grounded by ECU. I know I wired it and pinned it right to pin 24 .Only reason i can think its not working its because I have a ROM tune board on my ECU .Oh well ,Ill know when something is wrong .I just wanted the Idiot MIL to work ,so I cuold know immediately when problems existed.Ill just have to check it with my laptop ,everytime i give it a tune up. (way faster and can see live Engine data).