PDA

View Full Version : torque app(android)

silpena
01-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I just dl'ed the torque app on my EVO. I got the one with ad's since i wanted to test it out before i buy it. So far i love it and love the controls and widgets i can customize the page with.

My only thing left to do is buy the actual obd2 bluetooth sensor. Im wondering if anyone has the app on their andriod or iphone and what sensor they use. I know the kiwi is the best but i cant fork over the $150 for it and have a big ass wire hanging under my dash. Ive looked at others but all range from 100-180.00.

Im considering trying an ebay bluetooth sensor just for kicks or buy an elm type but cant find any info on how accurate it is and if it last long enough.

Any help or recommendations would be awsome.

my car(not s-chasis anymore)
01 civic dx
manuel everything with no ac(summer will suck)
5spd
I mainly bought this for the tach feaure with the program and plan on mounting it on the cluster.

4thHorse
01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
the $26 one off of ebay works fine for me. Only thing I hate about the app is that it uses a lot of battery. Also some times it doesn't turn off when you want it to.

Martino
01-18-2011, 12:06 AM
What's the app called exactly?

silpena
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
thanks im ordering it tonight:bigok:
as far for the battery issue i just keep mine charging while i drive so its no big deal. Im trying to figure how to mount it in front of the cluster so i can monitor everything. I thing a velcro sticky mount might fix that. If im pleased enough ill buy the real app.

@Martino- the app is called "torque" search for it on the market.