PDA

View Full Version : Building A Splitter for S13...Help?

Shaka_D
01-05-2011, 03:22 AM
So I plan on doing a Type X conversion to my hatch, HOWEVER, I was inspired to do something a lil different with the front end...

So while searching for my wheel set (and yes I'm going with Rota Grids) I came across this image

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/robbs808/GridS13.jpg

I realize that the front lip is actually the pig nose specified lip but you can see where (next to the wheel well) it looks as if the fender and the lip are one piece.

I was thinking of doing like a one piece lip that looks similar or making a splitter that looks close to that, something relatively shallow in how far it sticks out but that connects in that same area of the wheel well and is more contoured around the bottom of the bumper

Can anyone help or lead me in the right direction?

Thanks In Advance

millerlight763
01-05-2011, 03:28 PM
This was something I found on the Honda Forum on DIY Splitters, I am sure if you went back far enough underneath you could get it to connect to the front fender like that. I would saaaayyy Fiberglass? or Carbon Fiber if you know what your doing... either way I think it looks really cool good luck!

S2000 Forums -> My DIY homemade splitter : S2KI (http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=650262)

buentellomma
01-05-2011, 06:17 PM
So I plan on doing a Type X conversion to my hatch, HOWEVER, I was inspired to do something a lil different with the front end...

So while searching for my wheel set (and yes I'm going with Rota Grids) I came across this image

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/robbs808/GridS13.jpg

I realize that the front lip is actually the pig nose specified lip but you can see where (next to the wheel well) it looks as if the fender and the lip are one piece.

I was thinking of doing like a one piece lip that looks similar or making a splitter that looks close to that, something relatively shallow in how far it sticks out but that connects in that same area of the wheel well and is more contoured around the bottom of the bumper

Can anyone help or lead me in the right direction?

Thanks In Advance
it looks like they might have molded the lip to the extension piece that attached to the fender on the 91-94 bumpers. go for it and make your own lower lip, buy some fusor plastic repair epoxy and get creative

tqstarburst
01-05-2011, 06:19 PM
looks like the xenon lip

millerlight763
01-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I was thinking that too, about it being a Xenon lip, but I am not 100% sure but either way I am sure you can custom fab one to look like that with little trouble.

Bushido
01-05-2011, 10:09 PM
you guys sound like total noobs.

that is a chuki xenon lip. it is not molded to the fender caps.

Shaka_D
01-05-2011, 10:17 PM
you guys sound like total noobs.

that is a chuki xenon lip. it is not molded to the fender caps.

You know, you could have easily said "No guys, that is a chuki xenon lip. it is not molded to the fender caps"

But thank you and thanks for being a d*** about it... you get an A+ home boy

Bushido
01-05-2011, 10:19 PM
yeh dude. get used to it.

4x4le
01-06-2011, 01:02 AM
This thread just made me smile. I can get back to work now.