PDA

View Full Version : Zerolift Autolab

xpertsnowcarver
12-29-2010, 09:28 AM
This is my unbaised review of Zerolift Autolab.

Note: From what I understand, Zerolift Autolab has been under new management since April 2010.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg308/Zerolift-Auto/topbanner.jpg

Representative: Robert
AIM: ZLR0bert
Email: [email protected]

Vendor Information:
Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

Item purchased: S15 SR20DET Motorset

Communication: 71 PMs total between us.

Shipping: From Farfield, Oh to Commerce, Ca via ABF took six days, including the Christmas weekend.

Cost of purchase: $2700 (Shipped)

Items purchased:
- S15 engine
- OEM turbo, manifold, and elbow
- OEM MAF, Clutch fan
- ECM, ABS C/U (With this, I won't need a velocity signal modulator.)
- Engine Harness
- 6 Speed Transmission
- OEM clutch kit, dual-mass flywheel

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg308/Zerolift-Auto/November%202010%20Jdm%20Container/S15008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/XpertSnowCarver/1228102143_01.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Full commentary:
Looking for a S15 half clip or S15 motorset, depending on the price. Out of 14 inquiries, Zerolift Autolab offered the best price, shipped, for the parts provided.

Out of six S15 motorsets to choose from, I was able to get pick of the litter. Robert took the time to send me a picture of each motorset. I was able to confirm that each picture was recently taken by looking through the picture's properties.

I requested a lot of information from Robert, regarding the guarantee of a good engine, what exactly comes with the motorset, shipping process, what damage is expected during shipping, insurance etc. Robert had a quick, confident, and sincere answer for each question.

Answers:
- Engines are leak down tested. Results range from 5-15%.
- Shipped via LTL Freight shipment (Such as ABF or Road Runner)
- Bill of Lading and Pro Number provided once shipped
- No damage should be expected during shipment
- Shipment is covered with insurance for the amount of purchase

I had Robert send me a preliminary invoice stating the engine serial number and list the parts that would come with the engine.

I made the payment over the phone and provide very specific shipping instructions. I asked Robert to provide me an Invoice showing the amount paid in full, signed my Robert himself, as well as a copy of the Bill of Lading for the shipment.

The motorset was wrapped tightly with black saran wrap. The engine and transmission were placed side by side and steel-banded to the pallet. The motorset was shipped via ABF. Total shipping time was six days, including the Christmas weekend.

The motorset appears to be in great shape. Unfortunately, it did not come with the BOV nor the wastegate solenoid, though most motorsets will not have them included.

Last words:
Robert was on the ball. He did not give me any problems and maintained communication, which was my biggest concern. Robert took less than 24 hours to answer every PM, some with minutes.

The customer service I received was above average. Robert followed all my requests.

Therefore, I do recommend Zerolift Autolab for the purchase of a motorset.

chaotix
01-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Vendor Information:
Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

After a good amount of research and nothing but good reviews I decided to go ahead and order a complete s13 sr20det swap everything included from Zerolift. They offered me the best price out of everyone plus they had an awesome discount for the holidays which i couldn't pass on everything came out to $1,775 and that's with the shipping INCLUDED for a motor which is in excellent condition! I ordered it right after Christmas Rob was there to take my call walk me through the process it was very nice and I was amazed by the customer service he gave me. On top of all this he was nice enough to give me a MAF Adapter and a filter because the shipping company didn't ship during New Years which is understandable it wasn't his fault and it was pretty AWESOME for him to do that. On top of all that he even went out of his way to order a brand new Fan Shroud for $35 1/3 of the price i have seen around.
Anyways this is another happy customer giving a thanks and spreading the word.
Products: A+ Engine is exceptional 5% leak down tested on each cylinder!!
Customer Service: A+ Rob is a very patient person and goes out of his way for every customer including me mind you we mustve exchanged 50+ emails in a matter of 4 days
Shipping: A+ tightly wrapped and strapped to the pallet I don't think the engine and trans moved a centimeter since it left his warehouse
I highly recommend Zerolift to anyone that needs an engine or even needs a little advice because Rob is there to answer all your questions.

if anyone needs any pictures of the engine I am more than willing to upload them or send them to you guys

mrflip69
01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
So it looks like the old thread was deleted again. Plenty of bad reviews in the last one, AND the one before, and I'm still on this board, so to make it fair, I'll post MY experiences with them.

http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/239033-gb-ssr-wheels-zerolift-direct-ssr-custom-sizes-colors-made-order-2.html
http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/240077-sportmax-xxr-wheels-discount-pricing-10.html

Links up above for reference, though those will probably get "lost" like the old review thread. When I originally placed an order for SSR wheels in March of 09, they were fully paid for. I understand these are custom made wheels and with overseas shipping, would take some time to arrive (3-6 months?).

They had spotty communication at best up till September, when they just stopped replying to my e-mails. This was with Robert who is still with the company. I had to open up a dispute and was almost SOL with my credit card company since it had been so long since the transaction occurred.

I explained the situation regarding why so much time had elapsed, and LUCKILY was able to get them to investigate and subsequently reverse the charges. Imagine being out $2200 and not even have jack SHIT to show for that?

I don't care about other people's good experiences, this was MY experience, and there were at least 2-3 others who had the same. Shame those reviews were deleted, but you can find more poor reviews since 2008 about these guys on other forums. Just search "Zerolift" or "Zero Lift" on Google as they've changed their name a couple times.

Maybe Google has the old Zilvia review page cached somewhere. I'll see if I can dig that up.

Edit:

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/151837-zero-lift-autolab.html

I<3Panda86
01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
I have made several trips to ZL with my friend, they are doing a complete rebuild and about 10k worth of upgrades to his RB26, so naturally he wanted to check the shop out first, I personally spent several hours at they're facility talking and bs'ing with Robbert and another gentleman, (I dont recall his name though) from the experience, I had, meeting the guys and seeing theyr shop, personally I will NOT deal with anyone BUT them for any future purchases on the EC.

DHall243
02-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Called Zerolift around 3pm 2/25/11, talked to Anthony, had a family member pass away from Ohio and figured if my engine hadn't shipped I'd pick it and another up. I planned to leave work at 1pm but that plan failed, I asked anthony if someone could stick around for an extra hour because I wouldn't make it by closing. He answered with a, yes.
8pm I pull up to Zerolift and Robert walks out the door with motor #1 palletized and ready to go, motor #2 was layed out waiting, for payment.

There was another guy who's name I didn't catch, but for him and Robert to stay their for me, I really respect and appreciate them both. I will do my business no were else but Zerolift.

Thank to all the guys at Zerolift,
Scott Hall

yokotavia
05-30-2011, 02:37 PM
I ordered a 1j swap from zerolift, through mike on may 3, 2011. It has been 27 days and I have yet to receive even a tracking number. I am NOT happy at all

Item purchased: 1jz front sump engine with supra type r154

Communication: numerous phone calls and PMs

Shipping: from zerolift to Panama City, Florida

Cost of purchase: $2050 (Shipped and including paypal fees)

Items purchased:
- jzx90 engine
- OEM turbos, manifold
- jzx90 ECU,
- jzx90 Engine Harness
- a70 r154 supra transmission
- clutch, and all the sensors

Im having doubts in zerolift, I have called alot and sent a few PMs with no answer on when my engine swap will be shipped.
I have opened a paypal dispute as of yesterday which hopefully will be some incentive to ship the items I have paid for. If not I will be filing a claim through paypal.

I hope they get this situation figured out. Im just tired of waiting on my swap.

BHack3tt
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
they got my sr swap running right! And they are now putting my coilovers and a couple other things on for me this week. Robert is also great at getting back to you, and answering all of your questions!

dubbs.
07-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Got an RB from them early this year. One of the cleanest RB20s I've ever seen. Runs extremely well and tranny shifts smoothly. There was a mixup with shipping the first time, but it was dealt with very quickly and without much hassle.

This place is the shit. Robert is a boss. I love ZL.

PeaceOnesxWai
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Im posting this to get Zilvias attention on my case.

I ordered a EZ-install kit from Zerolift on 8/17/11 and i havent received it still as of this posting. I waited 2 weeks to start asking them where my package was..

Whats the status of my package?? Its been 2 weeks, i havent gotten anything or even a tracking number...

This is the Install kit for the SR right ?
This was sent with USPS.
Afraid I did not make it delivery confirmation.

If it doesnt show up to you by Tuessay.
I will pack another box and send it with UPS.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
RObert

Waited till Tuesday... Nothing

Ok, I will take up the issue with the post office.

I will also get another package assembled today for you.
I will send this one with UPS.

Thank you,
Robert

I didnt trip and i already knew he didnt send it yet so ill wait for this UPS package.. I was being patient so i didnt bug them for another while..

So i waited another 2 weeks and ive talked with my USPS mailman and my UPS Mailman, they never dont recall dropping off something i wasnt here for or leaving something on my porch. I know them pretty well as i ordered alot of stuff online and they see me quite often. If i dont see them they know better to drop off in my backyard, so i know my package arrives safely.

I ended up putting a dispute on paypal in hopes of getting their attention, but still they didnt reply.

I called Zerolift midweek of late September and asked about my order, they said it should have been there and someone will call me the next day to follow up. Noone called the whole week so now im getting frustrated as my motor is waiting on these parts... i called and Robert is never there, but somehow he is on top of all the forums and replying to everyone else but me. This is a big waste of my time for going with them and its ridiculous for something so small.

Ill update again on my situation until its resolved.

epson1
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM

Vendor Information:
Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

Item purchased: Blacktop SR20, 1jz w/ R154

I'm going to keep this short. I initially called Zerolift and said I was interested in purchasing 2 motors on Thursday Dec 1st. They quoted me at a great price and I said I'd call back after I shop around more. Later that day Robert calls me telling me they can do them at an even better price, I'm sold.

I call back Monday Dec 5th and place my order at 10am. Unfortunately my credit card will not authorize such a large lump payment. Not wanting to wait 3 days to get these motors moving on their end, I drive 50 miles into town(I live in the middle of no where) to set up another checking account and pick a friend who is purchasing the SR20 up on his lunch break to split the money into 4 payments.

The entire time Robert and the zerolift guys would answer my calls within 3 rings and contact was excellent. My last conversation was with Robert saying how I'd love to have the motors by the end of the week as i'm getting ready to leave for Christmas break. He says he'll see what he can do.

Monday Dec 12th, I haven't received anything from anyone at Zerolift, No emails, phone calls, tracking numbers, but I have checked at payment for 3600.00$ has been taken from my accounts. I call 7 times to finally get someone on the phone to ask if they know anything about where my engines are. Luckily their shipping guy is out till 2 so they will call me back then.

I never received any call

The following day, the 13th, I do the same thing and someone else (Andy? I think) tells me he has my invoice in his hand but no tracking number is on it so he will have to wait for Robert to get back from the machine shop to get some info, He will call me at 2.

I never received any call.

At this point I'm getting fed up because time for me is running short. I called Zerolift 32 times with not a person picking up the line once. I called from multiple numbers but still nothing. I then emailed Robert stating I've called them an excessive amount and i'm just curious where my engines stand. I don't receive anything back. Later that day, OsakaJDMEngines calls me saying they have everything I need for the same price and promised to be delivered to my house by Saturday the 17th, well unfortunately I've already given them my money so what can I do other than email Robert and tell him them I want a refund if I don't hear anything back by the end of the day Thursday.

So here i am, Its 11:09AM CST Thursday the 15th of December. Lets see what happens.

d4rkmus4sh1
12-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Products: S14 SR20DET, Clutch package, Fuel Pump, and Radiator + accessories.

Representative: Robert and Mike

Status of Order: In transit (Bill of Lading received)
Order Est Arrival: Later than expected

Overall Review:
Robert and Mike were always courteous to me on the phone and tried their hardest to work with me during a stressful time.
I was a little disappointed how late my stuff is coming and that I will have to complete my swap in a 24 hour period.
Although there was a lot of misunderstanding we still worked hard together to work out a best solution for everything and
so far I am still a happy customer. Robert always kept me up to date on the status of my parts and what was going on during
and not during business hours. Communication I would say is a good aspect which they normally have. I understand during the
holidays all the workers have families they need to attend to as well and my products I also know aren't as important as seeing family.
Will add more when my products arrive and finish up my review. So far 9/10!

GhostlyCoupe
12-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I ordered a SR20 Motorset from Zerolift today.

I've shopped around extensively and decided on Zerolift. Robert was a much more friendly, talkative salesperson than any of the other importers I dealt with. E-mails were answered promptly.

I'll update periodically about my experience when the engine ships (Might not be until next week on account of the holidays)

nassin31spr
12-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Email: [email protected] ([email protected])

Vendor Information:
Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

This is my formal review for zerlift.
I purchased a sr20det blacktop engine

I contacted zerolift and had immediate replys the same day though rob by pm on zilvia. He asked that we switch to emails for faster replys. He at the beginning was very imformative and helpful. This is not my first swap I specifically asked for a blacktop s13 that has no modifications and hasnt had the headgasket or any work done to it. Rob told me he had a redtop that had the headgasket done and I told him I wasnt interested. Then he told me he had a clean untouched blacktop and gave me a good price. I said That works and sent the payment black friday, 11/21/11. They took my money. A couple of weeks went by cause of the holidays and I finally got the engine.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3351/imagelrri.jpg

As soon as I got the motor home I started to unpack and inspect it. Shipping quality was ok. They took off the maf, clutch, ecu and had it boxed up. I cut the plastic and did an initial inspection. Even though I asked for a unmolested swap. I imediatly noticed the headgasket had been done and replaced with a metal one. I contaced rob and he said this was the cleanest motor and the only blacktop they had even though I asked for one that was not touched. He assured me to throw it in. If I was not happy they would replace the engine.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9792/imagejf.jpg
By flashorlightning (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/flashorlightning) at 2012-02-05
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/552/imageqhc.jpg
By flashorlightning (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/flashorlightning) at 2012-02-05
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8631/imagegws.jpg
Picture of the blown out turbo manifold gasket. You could shake the turbo. How do they expect a swap to run with that.
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3169/imagevim.jpg
Valvecover, the oil pan looked worse.

The motor was very dirty. It had tones of carbon deposits in the intake manifold. Ive had 3 other swaps and have never seen one this dirty. They oil pan was destroyed when shipping and zerolift had some how forgot to send the transmission bolts. So I contacted rob and told him they forgot the bolts and I needed a pan. He said he would get one out to me. After 3 weeks went by. I called and emailed and no response I finally got a hold of rob and he said it was packed up and ready to ship. After another week I called again and he said it was going out that day. By then it was a month that went by and a week before christmas and I still didnt have the bolts or a pan. Well it came a week before christmas. I put the engine togeather and put the motor in in 2 days. Got the harness done and replaced the waterpump, belts and thermostate. I got the engine in and ready to go. Went to hook up the maf and low and behold. They sent me the wrong maf sensor.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/631/imagezuh.jpg
This is a maf for an s14 na sr20det.
So furious I called rob and asked for a maf. He said he would imedatly ship one out. After 2 weeks and no maf I kept calling and he kept telling me they didnt have any and would have some this week, then friday, then next week, then friday, then beginning of next week for sure, then friday. After a couple weeks I found one locally for $40 so I bought it. Put it in and the then, Nothing. The car wouldnt turn over. Ive worked on a bunch of sr's so I know they had set the cas timing wrong. If you dont know what your doing its easy to screw it up. So I went ahead and per frsport. Took the valve cover off to set tdc and look at the head bolts and they had used stock headbolts with a cometic headgasket. Its been dont but not very perfessional. I also noticed that they had lost a bunch of the washers for the cam caps. It made me relize they cut a lot of corners. So I talked to rob and he assured me to just get it running. So I reset the timing and it started up the first time. Running extremely ruff. I looked at the ecu and the light stayed on. So I asked a buddy to come over and we hooked up his redtop ecu, a 62. It ran pretty good but rich, We drove it around for a couple of days and I leaned on it to set the rings. Final compression numbers came back around 150psi solid accross the board. I was pretty happy. But up to this point I still had no maf or a working ecu. I contacted rod and eventually his partner mike and they told me week after week they were working on getting me a maf and ecu. It took me a couple of days to find both. Here we are the first week of febuary and they still have not sent me a working maf or ecu. Heres an email where I asked rob about the stock headstuds and the wrong maf and he went and he went to forward my message to another zerolift person and basically called me stupid but mistakenly sent the email to me to. I was pretty furious and insulted.
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9345/imagegum.jpg

So months went by no maf and no working ecu. I finally got fed up and did the research and got it running and hundreds of emails and calls to zerolift. I talked to rob after sending multiple emails to rob and mike and no answer after two weeks I called he said they had no blacktop ecus and had a maf but they were waiting to get me a ecu before they sent the maf. I said ok. I got one anyways and as long as I get an ecu we were even. So I look on zilvia and zerolift is advertising that they have 3 blacktop swaps and have sold one since december. Im fed up with them so I left them negative feedback and wrote this review. I searched google and they have been screwing over people for years this way. They just put you off for 6 months til you go away. Rob and mike have lied to me multiple times. They just want your money and for you to leave them alone.
So after nothing to loose and a running swap I pulled the ecu apart and low and behold.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3148/imageacb.jpg
The ecu was chipped with a daughter board. Scares me to think that they deal with tons of swaps at zerolift and do this but the techs there took the eprom chips out of the ecu and sent it to me and thought it would work. So I went a head and moved the resisitor to put it back to a stock ecu and it works perfect now.
I just hope that some people read this and think twice. I wish I had driven a couple of hours and picked my motor out so I know what Im getting. Zerolift treats their locals well but they will screw anyone who orders a motor from them and has it shipped. Think twice its not worth going though all the stuff I went though. I no longer trust zerolift, mike or rob.

epson1
12-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Just an update- Mike informed me I will not be receiving my engines this month. THEY WONT EVEN SHIP THIS YEAR. 18 working business days since I've placed my order.
22 business days in December. I don't know what kind of stupid long vacations you take at Zero lift. but obviously they're a lot longer than the ones I get to be able to afford engines that do not arrive.

I emailed Robert about getting some free swag like a T shirt or stickers but he won't even reply to those emails too.

GhostlyCoupe
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Here's my update:

I ordered an SR20 on the 20th.

Was told it would ship on the 27th or 28th. Motor has still not shipped .

I am patiently waiting for this to be resolved.

Killa_D
12-28-2011, 03:25 PM
purchased a s14 sr20det from Robert, asked allot of questions which he replied so why not. The motor came in as promised but was missing allot of important parts, (maf, coilpack cover, oil stick, ignitor and a few other parts). Called right of way told Robert what was up he said he would take of it. A month goes by and still nothing, I call again and he said to please email him what im missing. So i do weeks go by and i call and he tells me he never got the email. So i sat there like WTF i resent the email again and made him wait till he told he received it. Its been almost 7 months and still nothing i stop trying mainly because its pointless and seriously would tell everyone to stay way...

terrence
12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
I got a s14 sr about 1.5 years ago from them. Came with no ecu, t25 instead of t28, about half the exhaust studs where broken, and the motor was seized and had rust in the cylinder walls.

I did get an ecu, but it was fried..

Would not recommend.

GhostlyCoupe
12-29-2011, 02:02 AM
I heard good things about Zerolift before I read this review thread... Sorry to hear things are going south.

Attention Zerolift... I had plans of buying a motor from you very soon, now I am not so sure. Please get your shit together and run a respectable motor business that this place desperately needs.

They still could be a good vendor, I'm reserving judgement until Robert is back from vacation and able to remedy the situation.

I'm posting the facts and only the facts as they come.

I'm hoping that by next Tuesday I'll be able to tell everyone that ZeroLift has fixed everything and I have a Bill of Lading showing my engine is on the way.

SexOnWax
12-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Zerolift was the first company in my area that responded to my request for a quote on a complete SR20 motor and transmission set installed in my S14 along with some minor bolt-ons and a tune. Robert was very prompt in responding to me, knowledgable regarding any technical questions I had, and even took the time to call me personally to discuss the project. After putting together a list of parts I wanted installed, negotiating with pricing and scheduling a day to drop my car off, I agreed to have Robert and his team proceed with the swap. Money was put down for the cost of parts and I was told that my car would be ready in two weeks. I took the four hour road trip and dropped my car off on April 29th. The Zerolift headquarters was an impressive outfit with a warehouse area full of countless JDM engines and a spacious garage with at least three other 240s being worked on as well as Z32 awaiting an RB26 swap. Back then, I didn't think it was odd that there so many cars being worked on at the same time. More importantly, how long have they all been sitting there?

I woke up early morning October 8th to pick up my car. Yes, six whole months went by. Summer came and went and the $1200 upfront entry fee for my autocross club was wasted and nonrefundable because I had no car to compete with. I'm told that delays were caused by many factors like their local machine shop taking too long in reworking the head, shipping of parts, engine reassembly, key staff members breaking their hand, and dynos breaking on them while tuning. No project ever goes according to plan, which I was expecting especially with a project of this size but unfortunately, my car was one of the rare cases where things didn't seem to go right. There was also an incredible lack of communication on their part. I was more than patient with them during the six months but in return, their communication was few and far between. I never could get a straight answer on when I could pick my car up and was left guessing with each passing weekend.

As tempting as it was to post a rant here on Zilvia (and I did threaten to at one point), I thought it was only fair to wait and see the finish product before making any remarks about the company. Fortunately, the end result was well worth it. The motor is running strong so far with a very neat engine bay and interior. The extra work they put into the head and internals would've easily ran another $2000 in parts and labor but they did it at no additional cost to make up for the long delay. The turbo they recommended (Tomei ARMS M7960) has also been working very well so far. Despite the set backs, I might still consider doing business with them again. The quality of the work speaks for itself but unfortunately, the long delay and poor communication prevents me from rating this experience much higher than I could. I sincerely hope that no one else has to go through this kind of experience with their project but hopefully they will learn from their mistakes.

GhostlyCoupe
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Another week and no update. Once again I'm left wondering instead of someone from ZeroLift contacting me.

I'll give it one more day.

Tick-tock.

Project3328
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Just ordered a clutch from these guys. Clutch came exactly how it was described, communication was perfect and shipping came without any problems through the holidays. Thanks guys

GhostlyCoupe
01-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Got a call from Mike today while I was at work. He stated the engine will go out tonight.

If I can get a copy of the bill of lading or tracking info tomorrow I'll be pretty stoked.

epson1
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Got a call from Mike today while I was at work. He stated the engine will go out tonight.

If I can get a copy of the bill of lading or tracking info tomorrow I'll be pretty stoked.

I got the same call, said he'd email me a tracking number by 7pm. Well will see what happens...

s13 loverr
01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow, really seems like luck of the draw here.

To help contribute to this thread I bought an aluminum driveshaft from them a few months back. They helped me with everything I needed. They gave me options for steal, carbon fiber, aluminum, weights, and prices. I was always responded to very quickly and every one of my questions was answered. I received my driveshaft a week later with no damage. Thanks Zerolift!

GhostlyCoupe
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't waste my time with these guys.

I ordered on the 20th of December. Long story short, it hadn't even been loaded into a truck on January 5th. These guys clowned around for 2 weeks making excuse after excuse about why it had not even been shipped yet, and telling me each time I called that "it would be shipped tomorrow".

I ended up getting my money back because they were completley unable to even get the thing into a truck within a month of ordering. Rediculous. The company is legit and won't run off with your money, but don't plan on them getting you anything on short notice.

SLiDe_WaYz
01-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Positive experience from me both times, ordered by phone, got everything in about 7-9 days came on a palet wrapped in black plastic with metal bands on it, and then in a box was the ignitor, ecu, maf, and o2 sensor.

My experience is positive, great communication and service. The motor had corrosion on it but other than that it appears to be in good condition.
( it was a S14 SR20DET Blacktop )

shiftdrift
01-04-2012, 08:31 PM
zerolift sells i'd say 30 or 40 engines if not more a month. i can vouch for them as i've been there a couple times and have bought parts off of them with no problem. they even go out of their way for you. they host the biggest weekly event in the midwest during the summer/fall months.

slim
01-06-2012, 08:23 AM
ordered a ctr strut bar from them. emails and tracking was sent in a timely manner. product was as described. very happy with service. will most likely be getting a motorset from them after taxes so we will see how that goes.

i need tires
01-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Have order hrmmm 4 motors from ZeroLift no issues at all parts got damaged during shipping and they replaced with no issues and shipped at their expensive. Each motor has ran with no problem still running to this day.

I highly recommend purchasing a motor from them they sell about 90 motors/mo this number itself speaks more than enough on the quality and great communication they have with their customers.

Also keep in mind fellas Zerolift also supplies a lot of shops that claim to be getting them directly from Japan this is the reason Zerolift offers the best pricing because there is no middle man with them and no BS to deal with you deal right with the importer and not someone that claims to be bringing in the motors.

i need tires
01-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Just ordered my EvoX Seibon Rear Diffuser from ZL, great service communication. Thanks again Robert :)

Krewlkid
04-15-2012, 10:05 PM
I purchased a Blacktop Motor set form ZeroLift, agreed to be complete 100% and in the greatest condition(uncut, unmolested, un-anything) i even waited for the next container to arrive. I waited about a month and then again asked about a motor, he had what i was looking for, or so i thought. i paid and received my motor on schedule, upon unwrapping (MAF, ECU, igniter, Clutch fan, Trans bolts) just to start were all missing. i then emailed Robert stating all that was missing, he asked me to provide photos of everything as i received it, which was perfect since i was not present for signing or unwrapping (my girlfriend who know nothing about cars was) she signed unwrapped it, taking photos of everything. i sent the photos as requested and asked when i could get the parts replaced. We exchanged several emails and phone calls in which his response time was getting slower and slower, Robert agreed to replace the MAF, ECU, and igniter. After that i stopped hearing from him at all, then this guy Mike Pollard pops up as the sipping/sales guy, so i basically started the whole process all over again. After the 1st email with Mike it took 30 days of emails and phone calls to get my parts replaced. I give them credit for trying but i did receive the wrong ECU and didn't have everything replaced. My motorset calls for E5 ECU and i received a 63 ECU. They made no other efforts to exchange the ECU.

rating form 1-10
1 being worst
10 being best

Overall Experience 6
Robert 3
Mike 7
Motorset 8

Would i buy from ZeroLift again?

Yes i would, but NOT from Robert.

Does your swap run?

Yes it does, After i acquired the correct ECU that i had already purchased.

Was your Motor/harness in good condition?

Motor was solid although that was allot of rigged shit i had to address. as for harness i don't know really, i tore it down and rewired it out of the gate, it looked OK the way it was.

UPDATE: upon posting my review of ZeroLift I was PMed by Robert, after a few private messages Robert offered to let me keep the 63 ECU he sent and refund me 100 dollars, I accepted and he promptly issued the refund.

Although it did take a while I couldn't be happier, thanks ZeroLift

91ka24
05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Ok, so about 4 weeks ago I had a customer who purchased a red top sr from Zero Lift. When the engine arrived the pallet was already broken, now if this was shippings fault or zero lifts im not sure, but that is not the main issue. 2 days after receiving the engine, I removed the clutch assembly to find out that the flywheel is wrong. Now this is not the first time I have gotten a sr with the wrong flywheel (not from zero lift). So I contacted Robert and he said send him some pics, which I did. He said he would try to locate one as they do not currently have any in stock, which I said that is fine at least he was helpful. Upon further inspection of the motor I see that the waste gate arm is bent at a 45 deg angle, the o2 sensor is missing, and the studs on the o2 housing have been removed and the holes where they originally were, were drilled out about 10 times to big, so this was also un-usable. So I sent another email to robert along with pics, he said he would send replacement parts as they have them in stock, and asked for my shipping info. So i gave it to him expecting to receive parts...... this was not the case. A week goes by and I still have no parts, so I called Zero lift and Robert was unavailable so I spoke with Andrew, he was very helpful as he was looking for the parts as I was on the phone. Said he had all of them except the flywheel and said he would get with robert on getting them sent out. Another week goes by........ still no parts, so I call and get put on hold for 20 min, so I hang up. Wait a few more days and call again, ask for robert, he's not there, so I asked for Andrew and he's busy with another customer. So I tell the guy I was on the phone with if he could have Andrew call me back or send me an email that would be great, well I got neither. So i wait about 4 more days, call again and am placed on hold for 15 min. I had to get back to work so I hung up. Then sent another e-mail to Robert asking where the parts were for my customers engine and that I have yet got any response as to a staus on them. That was last wed I believe and I have yet to hear from anyone at Zero lift. I just think this is terrible cust service, they have no problem taking a cust money but when it comes to replacing parts, they seem to just take there sweet ass time, or don't do it at all. Maybe this will get there attention and get the parts to me.

BoostinIX
05-08-2012, 06:38 AM
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg308/Zerolift-Auto/topbanner.jpg (http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg308/Zerolift-Auto/topbanner.jpg)

Vendor Information:
Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

Item purchased: S14 SR20DET Motorset

Communication: Over a year now, continuing professional relationship

Shipping: From Farfield, Oh to Laurel, MD took a weekend.

Cost of purchase: Better than competitors

Items purchased:
- S14 engine
- OEM turbo, manifold, and elbow
- OEM MAF, Clutch fan
- ECM
- Engine Harness
- 5 Speed Transmission

Over time, have also purchased:
Built internals
Blitz FMIC/hotpipe
Comp. Clutch/Flywheel

Full commentary:
Spent a few weeks deciding on a motor choice and vendor, but Robert was always on the ball to answer any questions. Motorset was tightly wrapped in black saran wrap and metal ties, well secured.

TB was damaged in shipping, Robert wasted no time in sending out a replacement right away.

Motorset was as clean as expected, still had OEM downpipe and heatshields on it. Block still had cross-hatching, had I not decided to build it I would have had no worries about firing it up.

Last words:
Robert was the man. He did not give me any problems and maintained communication, which was my biggest concern. Robert took less than 24 hours to answer every PM, some with minutes.

Over a year after my first purchase, Robert still maintains regular communication via FB/PM's/AIM, answering random questions and providing support/advice.

During a fall Drift Nirvana event, the car developed problems with the fuel system on track. Robert quickly called his techs on a Saturday to help me via phone in MD to get me running and back home again. With his help and the help of JE/Sikky, I was able to get it running and get home again. You can't find that type of loyal customer service anymore.

Therefore, I do recommend Zerolift Autolab for the purchase of a motorset.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/BoostinIX/Razgriz/IMG_0504-1.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/BoostinIX/Razgriz/IMG_0506-1.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/BoostinIX/Razgriz/IMG_0507-1.jpg

0wn3r
05-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Makes no sense to have a review thread when all the negatives get deleted because they are a sponsor.

Drift N Dragg
08-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Makes no sense to have a review thread when all the negatives get deleted because they are a sponsor.

You want to explain which Negatives got deleted?

I do not see anything deleted in this thread..

0wn3r
08-07-2012, 09:41 PM

You don't see them in this thread because the threadS don't exist anymore. I know that, because I created one. Then watched another person's get deleted. Read first line in post #3.

Drift N Dragg
08-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I will look into it.

collegekid
09-27-2012, 08:20 AM

Vendor Information:
Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

Communication: Quick email responses, sometimes hard to get a hold of but still not difficult by any means.

Shipping: From Farfield, Oh to Philadelphia,pa took 7 days including the weekend.

Items purchased: JDM Zenki front end
-Front cut which included
-Radiator support
-fan shroud
-auxilliary fan
-radiator
-bumper support, the little black one not the big one
-Headlights and corner lights
-hood
-fenders

Quality was better than expected. The damage that Robert/mike stated was the ONLY damage which you will see. Price was fair and for what I got, I am very happy. I received a tree house in terms of shipping which was very durable. I received something that was packaged better than all these expensive engines people buy.

I dont have any pictures of the item laid out, but It's a silver Zenki front end.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/apishmar/DSCN0837.jpg

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/apishmar/DSCN0841.jpg

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/apishmar/DSCN0842.jpg

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/apishmar/DSCN0843.jpg

Syncade
09-27-2012, 01:03 PM

So you're covering up for them now? There have been multiple threads over the years with horror stories about Zerolift Autolabs.

I'm assuming my post will get deleted anyways, as it has multiple times when I've told my story about how I got screwed by Zerolift.

Anyone reading this, search on Supraforums for the Zerolift Autolabs review. You will see real stories.

na12uto
10-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Company

Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

Item Bought

S13 Redtop complete motorset
w/transmission, Ecu, harness, Ignitor

Communication

No Pms for a little while then emails
10/10 at first

2/10 after the item was purchased

Shipping

8/10
I had to email them to make sure it was going to be shipped a week after. Since I wasnt getting any emails of when it was going to be shipped out after payment was sent

Product looked nice and the motor was packaged well

Overall/Summary of experience

At first when I emailed/called/pmed them about the item and to get information on how much it will be, what it will come with, about how long it will take to ship, rules of their warranty. You know the normal stuff people would like to know before they make a big purchase like such.

After motor was received at a certified mechanics shop, it was packaged and checked for any damaged, which at the moment had nothing wrong with it. The packaging was done really well and the item was like described.

I also check to see if my warranty would be voided if I used a Wiring Specialties conversion harness. I was told it would be perfectly fine and wouldn't void the warranty which is great since I wanted to make sure everything started up fine and right away with the first turn of the key.

Everything was installed in less than a weeks time and fired up with no problems besides a little little coolant leak which was fixed right away. The next day I got to take the car home right before I had to work in the evening. The motor seemed fine, and made it to work fine..... It was until i got off work that getting home fine was not an option.
On the freeway I started to hear a knock
I jumped off the freeway right away and had the car towed back to the shop. Sadly enough my car was only alive one day out of the last year. I wasnt bothered too much since I knew there was a warranty.

This is where the problems began.

I contacted them and had no problems reporting the problem and was told they would be able to get back to me within a couple days. I let a week go by until I decided to contact them to see what the status was, just to be told that they dont know what is going on and that I need to talk to Mike (I believe they said it was) because he handles all the returns. After talking to mike he took down all my information and told me he would need some specs on the size of the motor with it on a crate. It took me two days to get the information and have it already tied down ready for them to pick it up. It took me about two weeks to get a hold of them again.
Reasons I was given over the phone
They are out of town at a drift competition (so no one is running the shop, who are you, you cant do anything for me really?)
He isnt here but will be back in a couple hours (I call back a few hours later in case the message wasnt relayed... apparently he isnt coming today)
no one answered my calls (this happened a lot)

All my emails werent responded to as well. I realize that people are busy and I can be very patient and understanding.... it took around one month and a half after trying to get a hold of them to finally have someone contact me to get the motor. They also told me it would take about a week to inspect the motor. Make sure it was a rod knock and nothing was tampered with. this was of course fine by me and I was patient again with this situation of a matter. Better yet i let two weeks go by until I decided to call them.
More excuses
Were to busy to look at the motor
What motor are you talking about
Thats up to Mike youll have to talk to him
Im sorry we will get back to you
we had to send it back to japan to have our techs look at it

My motor was just sitting there without anyone to inspect it. And I am starting to think this was all bull they were feeding me.

I knew that they could be busy but to the point where they are still posting random shit on sell here on Zilvia wasnt cool since they werent keeping me updated as well as not answering my calls.
Here is what pissed me off. They ended up having another crate of motors that they posted for sale here on Zilvia. I didnt get a motor from them at all from that shipment and they sold out i was told...... Ok now wtf I already bought a motor, I should have been a priority over the new coming customers. This happened again with their last shipment and I never got a call back from them when they said ok we are going to get a motor ready for you and contact you

I cut the end short cause it was a lot of running around

My final view of the company was unprofessional, poor communication and customer service was SHITTTTAY. As a paying customer I was taken advantage of and screwed. I would say look elsewhere before buying a motor, unless you are in driving distance from them.... cause then you can go Street Fighter IV on their asses when they mess up lol

nemesisdrift
10-02-2012, 12:49 AM
i had similar communication issues with Zerolift. also Mike(Pollard) is a shady dude. I would not buy from again.

Mike does drive quite a few events around the country but I don't think he handles returns. They sold me a type x sr20 with a bad ECU and of course they gave me the run around with the returns. sadly I had to buy one out of pocket.

na12uto
10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
It wasted easily about four months of my life trying to get things going with my car assuming they were going to get back to me.... wrong. Psh I missed out on the whole season of local track events.

jorge1190
10-04-2012, 08:58 AM
I bought my Navan Bumper from Zerolift. I wouldn'y be surprised if it came off the silver clip at the top of the page.

E-mail response was decent while purchasing the item and inquiring about it. It took about a week to ship out and then a few more days and e-mails to get me a tracking number.

I was happy with the price and product but communication could be a little better once the item has been purchased.

phillyman005
10-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Just ordered a redtop h22a from zero lift about two weeks ago. So far so good. Taking an auto h22 out of an 01 prelude and putting in the new motor and tranny with 5 speed (pain in the a$$) but motor is clean as can be and appears to be in good shape. Half shafts were busted but not a huge deal. Only living 45 miles away I sent a friend to pick it up the next day after payment with no problems. Again still no start up but dont anticipate any problems from the motor. Communication has been great with whoever sold it, no complains yet!

enkei2k
10-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Friendly reminder:

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/83800-important-regarding-rules-format-reviews.html

A poster should make a review based on the level of service he or she feels they recieved. If you are having a low review count, then your business is probably simply meeting the expectation of a business, and not exceeding it.

If you do not have first hand experience with the business, please don't post per forum rules. I have deleted such posts.

Syncade
10-26-2012, 10:43 AM
My reviews, and many others, telling our negative experiences with Zerolift have been deleted COUNTLESS TIMES for MULTIPLE YEARS.

I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE.

DO NOT DELETE THIS POST PLEASE. I am simply trying to HELP OUT OTHER MEMBERS.

Nutshell:

1. Ordered RB25DET. Was told it was complete, undamaged, and came with ECU, uncut harness, working accessories, and nothing was missing.
2. RB25DET came. Harness was hacked, CAS was broken, ECU was missing.
3. Countless months, emails, calls, and lies later, no replacement CAS or ECU. Finally I found a CAS, Zerolift paid for it.
4. More months go by, communication diminishes. I find an ECU and contact them (keep in mind, IM doing the hunting for THEIR mistakes and lack of caring). They never respond, I end up buying the ECU myself.

At this same time, another member here purchased an RB25DET Neo off of them and was also screwed. I will not tell the details since I DIDNT HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE IN THAT.

There is a thread on Supraforums that reviews Zerolift and has never been edited. It tells many stories.

garagespec
04-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Great seller. Had something random I wanted used in as described condition and a great price. Quick shipping. Midwest bros.

acoop211
04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Do not buy from Zerolift they are a scam . I ordered a jdm b18c from zerolift who call themselves Jdm engine "suppliers". They are a joke they do not have the motors in stock here is my review I posted on Google Reviews so all may read it, I just do not want to see somebody go down the same road and be SCAMMED from Zerolift!

Paid for a B18c Gsr motor and was told it would take a week and it took six. Finally I called and Mike Bailey told me it was in and asked when I wanted to pick up the motor and I said tomorrow at noon. Tomorrow comes around and I show up and they give me this "Oh the motor has not arrived yet" which was the same thing I had heard for six weeks after being told by Mike Bailey that it HAD arrived. Mike told me the motor was there and in disbelief I asked him are you sure? and hes said yes TWICE. So I drive there and show up and NO MOTOR JUST STRAIGHT LIES from them. When I showed up Mike Bailey was downstairs and was supposed to come up and explain what happened, but after waiting for 30 minutes he doesn't come upstairs and "E-mails" his employee from the basement to tell me that there is nothing they can do. This guy can't even face the customer he lied to because he is too stupid to keep up with his own lies. And after all that mess they act like I am not entitled to a refund?? Are you kidding me?? I am yet to get my refund although they said they would I have yet to see it happen so when that happens I will update this review to reflect that. This is the worst company I have ever done business they will try and run off with your money. AVOID AT ALL COST! Mike Bailey and his employee "Robert" will give you a run around and never get you your part!

shorty69187420
04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
So I called up Zerolift autolab and purchased a s14 sr20det on Friday the 12th, they said they were unsure if they could send it out that Friday since they received the payment in the afternoon and might not be able to put it on the truck so fast so it will more than likely be on Monday when they will send it out and that I should receive it on the 18th.

Well I did not receive the motor and tranny yesterday, so around 3pm I called them and they said it is still in their bay on a pallet wrapped up and hasn't been shipped... ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! So they said that they would make sure that it got pushed out today and get shipped and they would send me an email with the PRO number so I would know it got shipped and I could track it.

So I get home after work and check my email and guess what... NO EMAIL... So I take it the motor didn't get shipped out today. So I planned on taking a trip to Fairfield Ohio in the morning to get my motor because it is only a 5 hr drive (300) miles from where I live. But I figured I would wait till today and call them and find out what the deal is.

Well I call them this morning and after calling them a few times while being on hold waiting for someone to answer I talk with Robert and he states that he has nothing to do with the shipments and that I need to talk with Mike. So of course I ask Robert if I could talk to him and he tells me to wait a moment to check and see if he is available. Well he isn't available so Robert says I can leave a voice mail for him or email him and he will get back to me, I don't want to leave a voice mail or email, I want to talk with him, so I tell Robert that I will just stay on the line and wait for him to get done. Next thing i know I hear a click and a voice mail recording. So I go ahead and leave a voice mail.

I call back after waiting about 30 minutes which should be plenty long enough to end a phone call and call me back and get Robert again and ask for Mike. Robert says that he thinks that he is in a meeting and he will call me back when he is done. Well after numerous phone calls I finally talk talk with mike and he states that the engine will go out today, well its after closing time and I do not have an email with any sort of tracking number from them stating that the motor has been shipped. Looks like I will be calling them in the morning asking for a refund and go else where.

This is not good business. I have paid for my motor, it has been 7 days since that transaction has taken place and they still have yet to get my motor shipped out. This is not the first motor that I have purchased online, but this is the first time I have decided to go with Zero lift. I have never ever had a problem like this when ordering a motor. It’s just bad business when you pay for something and 7 days later the company still hasn’t sent the product that you have paid for.

acoop211
04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
So I called up Zerolift autolab and purchased a s14 sr20det on Friday the 12th, they said they were unsure if they could send it out that Friday since they received the payment in the afternoon and might not be able to put it on the truck so fast so it will more than likely be on Monday when they will send it out and that I should receive it on the 18th.

Well I did not receive the motor and tranny yesterday, so around 3pm I called them and they said it is still in their bay on a pallet wrapped up and hasn't been shipped... ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! So they said that they would make sure that it got pushed out today and get shipped and they would send me an email with the PRO number so I would know it got shipped and I could track it.

So I get home after work and check my email and guess what... NO EMAIL... So I take it the motor didn't get shipped out today. So I planned on taking a trip to Fairfield Ohio in the morning to get my motor because it is only a 5 hr drive (300) miles from where I live. But I figured I would wait till today and call them and find out what the deal is.

Well I call them this morning and after calling them a few times while being on hold waiting for someone to answer I talk with Robert and he states that he has nothing to do with the shipments and that I need to talk with Mike. So of course I ask Robert if I could talk to him and he tells me to wait a moment to check and see if he is available. Well he isn't available so Robert says I can leave a voice mail for him or email him and he will get back to me, I don't want to leave a voice mail or email, I want to talk with him, so I tell Robert that I will just stay on the line and wait for him to get done. Next thing i know I hear a click and a voice mail recording. So I go ahead and leave a voice mail.

I call back after waiting about 30 minutes which should be plenty long enough to end a phone call and call me back and get Robert again and ask for Mike. Robert says that he thinks that he is in a meeting and he will call me back when he is done. Well after numerous phone calls I finally talk talk with mike and he states that the engine will go out today, well its after closing time and I do not have an email with any sort of tracking number from them stating that the motor has been shipped. Looks like I will be calling them in the morning asking for a refund and go else where.

This is not good business. I have paid for my motor, it has been 7 days since that transaction has taken place and they still have yet to get my motor shipped out. This is not the first motor that I have purchased online, but this is the first time I have decided to go with Zero lift. I have never ever had a problem like this when ordering a motor. It’s just bad business when you pay for something and 7 days later the company still hasn’t sent the product that you have paid for.

Dude i would call your bank or credit card company and file an error resolution thats what i had to do to get my money back. The thing is once you ask for a refund they will tell you they gave you it but it will never reach your bank. Robert told me day after day that the money would be on my card but once i called my bank and told them the story they got it straightened out. these guys are scammers beware!!

Bumpkin203
04-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Dude i would call your bank or credit card company and file an error resolution thats what i had to do to get my money back. The thing is once you ask for a refund they will tell you they gave you it but it will never reach your bank. Robert told me day after day that the money would be on my card but once i called my bank and told them the story they got it straightened out. these guys are scammers beware!!
Did they make you pay a restocking fee?

acoop211
04-19-2013, 07:20 PM
No they didn't my bank got my money back so they would of had a difficult time im sure as did i. And a restocking fee would have been hilarious since how they have no stock of motors and cant even get them. I have more motors in my driveway then they have in inventory and i would seriously question the quality of any motor they touch. Sorry for the rant but they literally are the worst business ive ever dealt with and i really dont want to see others go down the same road

Bumpkin203
04-19-2013, 07:27 PM
No they didn't my bank got my money back so they would of had a difficult time im sure as did i. And a restocking fee would have been hilarious since how they have no stock of motors and cant even get them. I have more motors in my driveway then they have in inventory and i would seriously question the quality of any motor they touch. Sorry for the rant but they literally are the worst business ive ever dealt with and i really dont want to see others go down the same road

Yeah im going through the same thing, false promised, falsely sent emails, and literally over a hundred unanswered phone calls. I actually started pressing 1 for the sales department because thats the only way they would answer my phone call.

shorty69187420
04-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Yea i press 1 when i call also.. it is the ONLY way they will answer

acoop211
04-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Lol i press one too! When i call i use two phones and light them up with phone calls for a half hour before they would answer and then they try to put you on hold thats a scam!

Bumpkin203
04-19-2013, 07:38 PM
I talked to Mike Bailey today trying to get my tracking number emailed to me. He told me he emailed it to me yesterday but I did not receive it. Verified that he had the right email address for me and he did so he said he would email it again. About 5 hours went by and still no email so I call again. Talk to Mike and he makes me hold for about 20 minutes then when he finally gets on the phone he gets an attitude with me because he said he already resent it. He then tells me he will just give it to me over the phone and to hold for a minute while he gets it. So I hold for another 10 minutes, then he comes back on the phone and says he will call me back because he's in the middle of a sale. The whole time I have been dealing with them I have been nothing but polite so I said no problem just call me back when youre done. About an hour goes by and no call. I go to call them and they are closed. Im so heated right now I dont even know how to deal with this.

acoop211
04-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Dude your story is the same as mine do not wait on a tracking number go to your bank and tell them you want to file an error resolution to get your money back. Even if you ask for a refund from zerolift they will say yeh but at this point do you trust them?they said they would send an email with a confirmation of my refund twice and never happened. Starting to sound familiar?i had my money back 4 days after calling the bank and now my motor will be coming from a way more reputable company. If i would have researched them beforehand i never would have bought

Bumpkin203
04-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Im calling them asap fuck this.

shorty69187420
04-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Jspec auto is actually where i was going to go to get my motorset till a buddy told me to go to zerolift.. i just called jspec and and talked with sam, they have 6 s14 sr20det's in stock right now and they ship the same day you pay..

Lets just hope Zerolift gives me my money back quickly

shorty69187420
04-20-2013, 09:51 AM
so after almost an hour in a half with two phones calling at the same time and getting no answer, and that is trying until I get the message that no is available and leave a voicemail. I have used the options 1-5 on the phone also... guess i will go mow my lawn which should take about an hour then back to calling zerolift...

Great customer service.... NOT!!!

na12uto
04-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Jspec auto is actually where i was going to go to get my motorset till a buddy told me to go to zerolift.. i just called jspec and and talked with sam, they have 6 s14 sr20det's in stock right now and they ship the same day you pay..

Lets just hope Zerolift gives me my money back quickly

They wont. You will have to go through your bank like I did and even then I didnt get a full refund... Zerolift, useless *snip in my book

shorty69187420
04-20-2013, 03:56 PM
I have already talked to an attorney middle of last week when the motor didn't ship just in case.. there is already a trace on the money, and she is willing to go alot further if needed

besides that point about the money... I have called them probably a total of 3 hours today with 2 phones at the same time while trying numbers 1 through 5 to get different people... and guess what.. I never once got anyone to answer

Thundercock
04-24-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm having the same problems right now. Ordered my Blacktop SR20 on April 5th. Since then I've been told that my engine was missing the ECU and a new one had to be ordered (which they supposedly got last week) and now every day I call I get told "The shipping truck is coming today, and you'll get your shipping info once its on the truck". I still don't have shipping info.

Bumpkin203
04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I filed a dispute with my bank already and they are working it now. Should have my money back by next week. Zerolift is garbage.

Thundercock
04-24-2013, 08:38 PM
I hope its not too late for me to dispute.

shorty69187420
04-25-2013, 04:01 AM
I talked with Jason from zerolift on tuesday and he stated that he had issued me a refund, took a picture of the reciept and sent it to me. Said that he was going to send me a shirt and give me a $50 in store credit for the troubles.. gonna check the account later on today to see if the money is in my account.

He was real apologetic and said that they have been having problems with the trucks taking orders out and fulfilling orders, getting stuff sent out and what not.

Thundercock
04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Please let me know if you actually got the refund, since I'd rather have them do it than have to go through a bank dispute.

801nismo104
04-25-2013, 10:32 AM
dang i ordered pistons rods and bearings from them and i cant get them to answer the phone or email me back or message me on facebook. if i dont get a reply by today im seeking an attorney and calling my credit card company.

shorty69187420
04-25-2013, 02:51 PM
update... I received my shirt today.. 2 days shipping time frame, wish the motorset would've came like this..

haven't checked the account for the money yet though, will do it tomorrow and update

shorty69187420
04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Checked the bank account and my money is there

Took 3 days to hit my acct..I used a debit card

801nismo104
04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
ive fucken had it with these people. they never answer their god damm phone. they always put me on hold or it goes to roberts voicemail. ive called, emailed, and even messaged them on facebook multiple times and i cant get a reply. I called robert on april 16th to ask if they had cp pistons and manley rods and bearings in stock because i needed them asap. he told me he would find out and call me back the next day. well he messaged me back a few min later and told me they were in stock and i would receive everything in about 1 week. so i ordered. I asked robert to send me a tracking number once it has shipped. he still hasn't sent me anything. I think he lied to me about having everything in stock. such bullshit. i think ive called over 25 times with no luck. this is seriously not a way to run a business.
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-25-12-30-32_zpse0222c3f.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-25-12-30-32_zpse0222c3f.png.html)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-05_zpse93c935d.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-05_zpse93c935d.png.html)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-11_zps8496d58d.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-11_zps8496d58d.png.html)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-30_zps67b82d8f.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-30_zps67b82d8f.png.html)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-48_zps51b7605b.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-48_zps51b7605b.png.html)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-55_zps7deb103e.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-55_zps7deb103e.png.html)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-47-08_zpsdda4bce5.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-47-08_zpsdda4bce5.png.html)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-47-24_zpsbd1fecd9.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-47-24_zpsbd1fecd9.png.html)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/luisp801/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-17_zpsd1efd598.png (http://s912.photobucket.com/user/luisp801/media/Screenshot_2013-04-30-11-46-17_zpsd1efd598.png.html)

gamermule559
05-01-2013, 01:11 AM
shady business had the same issue poor customer service

mrflip69
07-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Sad to see they are still sponsors here. Zilvia needs to blacklist these shady businesses from being able to advertise/hold group buys. Plenty of legit shops to pay for bandwidth.

These guys took my money and I never heard back from them. Call your bank/cc before the time lapses. I would've been out $2k+ for wheels that were never ordered.

801nismo104
07-21-2013, 11:51 PM
I completely agree. They should be removed from zilvia. I too had to call my credit card company to get back my money

GrimDrifter
08-22-2013, 10:03 AM
I had actually sold something to these guys. Partially my fault for letting them low ball me. However, when someone came by to pick it up (i live in Ohio) The guy showed up with less money than we agreed on. I shouldn't have let them have it though and I'm sure they'll turn around and sell it for 3x to someone else. I learned what to do differently in the future but this one experience tells me not to do business with these guys.

SidewaysS13ka
11-01-2013, 05:20 PM
been trying to pm zerolift all day on here since 7am about when they would ship my driveshaft and their inbox is full. its now 7pm and i still cant get a message through because it is.....you guessed it still full. if you run a business or are a vendor on zilvia, it might be a good idea to keep your pms open so people can message.

Sarom_ps13
11-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Weird, I had good business with them, purchased 1jz motor set.. came on time and communication was good. I'm located in WA btw.

SidewaysS13ka
11-01-2013, 06:42 PM
they responded fast to my pms..im just a little annoyed that ive been trying to contact them on here for 12 hours and i cant send a pm through because he didnt empty his box.

SidewaysS13ka
11-05-2013, 03:17 AM
I am actually have to take everything back about zero lift. I've been dealing with their representative Rob through pm's. He kindly explained to me what happened with his pm box and then told me what my status of my driveshaft was and that he had appointment and that he had another rep package it up and get all the info for it and that he would send it Monday morning.....and he didn't not lie to me about the day it was shipped and said it should be at my house Tuesday morning. All in all people get inpatient while waiting for things and on people, but he apologized greatly for the inconvenience and told me he would get the driveshaft out ASAP. If it's here at my house in the afternoon, zero lift gets a pretty good rating in my book.

na12uto
11-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Too bad I am still waiting on the other return motor from them :/ its been two years now... glad to see they shipped your stuff out sideways. But Im sure they are SO busy to answer my calls or messages before and they will get around to sending me my redtop

SevenPistolero
11-05-2013, 06:53 PM
i was looking for a silvia hood on fb and they responded. when it came time to get it ordered.....no response.

zerodameaon
11-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Had no problems ordering from them, then I found this thread. Not sure if I am going to order the driveshaft from them and instead have it built locally.

SidewaysS13ka
11-06-2013, 12:27 PM
well just wanted everyone on zilvia to know that zerolift came through for me and that the whole time ive been dealing with their rep Rob and he has been sending me updates almost of everyday about the driveshaft and today it arrived at my house on time like he stated when we placed the order. i ordered a jdm s13 driveshaft from them and like any other used part it needs to be cleaned up and they also provided the bolts to mount it to the diff. i had nothing, but good service from them, except for when i couldnt get through on the boards to them, but other than that they get a good rating in my book.

ehp
05-24-2014, 06:18 PM
i was lookin at zerolift's 2jz swap parts until i read all these poor reviews of zerolift. thanks guys for all your input

HI-BOOST
05-28-2014, 05:02 PM
I was looking for a 2jz swap kit from Zerolift when I ran into this review. Couldn't find much info on fitment but if some people are having a hard time with the business who to say I wont? thanks for the reviews.

Reece
05-28-2014, 08:23 PM
I think Zerolift and Chaser both need to be removed from the vendors list on here.

zombiewolf513
05-29-2014, 12:29 AM
I asked them over the phone if they had any Apexi air filters in stock so I could come by and pick one up same day, they said "Yes we have a bunch of different kinds in stock." I drove 2 hours to find out that they had none, not one of ANY kind. That was a pissed off 2 hour drive home.

Screw Zerolift.

Smurf_240SX
05-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Anyone know if they're still in business? Trying to get Rb mounts, I have tried calling an emailing, instagram with no answer from them.

zombiewolf513
05-20-2016, 11:15 AM
Anyone know if they're still in business? Trying to get Rb mounts, I have tried calling an emailing, instagram with no answer from them.

They are still in business. It is best to steer clear of them. They are notorious for ripping people off and wasting customers time.

tuzzio
05-20-2016, 11:19 AM
if you want rb mounts...why not call R.aw B.rokerage

Smurf_240SX
05-20-2016, 02:26 PM
if you want rb mounts...why not call R.aw B.rokerage

yup, Looks like that's what i'm gonna have to do.