PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip to japan

Purestock240
12-29-2010, 03:19 PM
For my final project in my world travel class i have to plan a trip for 21 days, I have choose to go to japan and have got some ideas, anyway i have an unlimited budget so if you were going to japan what would you do, were would you go?

thanks for any input

lawrenceyang
12-29-2010, 03:37 PM
wtf is a world travel class

Purestock240
12-29-2010, 03:41 PM
its a really pointless class about travelling the world basically, currency exchange, going to places that are politically unstable etc, im pretty sure its an almost retard level class. i got thrown in it because my school is small and had no other classes to offer,

sw20>>s14
12-29-2010, 05:10 PM
wtf is a world travel class

thats exactly what i was thinking :fruit:

whitefedorafilms
12-29-2010, 05:14 PM
did that junk in prob and stats in my senior year of high school.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
12-29-2010, 05:29 PM
why would you choose japan if you have no idea what you would do there?

lawrenceyang
12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
"unlimited budget" sounds pretty interesting

Okinawandrifter87
12-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Or why Japan of all places if you had anywhere to go?

iStayBroke
12-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Or how about you give an idea of things you like to do.

I don't know how you expect anyone to be able to help you while being so vague.

Reading your question, I would just go hang out with my friends to skate and maybe work on cars.
But thats where my home is so...you see how that won't help you.

Purestock240
12-29-2010, 07:32 PM
i have ideas, i am going to mt. fuji.i will spend a week in tokyo, i would like to spend atleast 2 days at a track to check out some lapping. I choose japan because for weeks i have been thinking of a place to do it and couldnt make up my mind. it seems like a place that 21 days will be just enough that i will run out of things to do, the 21 days starts when i leave my house and whens when I arrive home, the night spent in toronto before leaving for japan will count as well as the day i get home. so i would say i will get about 17 full days in japan, also if I have time left over i can take a flight to anothher country on my way back and explore it for a few days.

I am basically just looking for a list of interesting things to do in japan, places to go and activities to try, also nice/ unique hotels, most of the thing i find on the web are all about museums and ancient shrines, i wouldnt mind doing a day or two of that stuff but thats it. also with the budget it stilll has to be somewhat practical. taking a helicopter ride up my. fuji is acceptable but buying a house for the 21 days and taking a private jet there isnt going to go over well with my teacher

sharpe_corners
12-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Let me try and find mine from grade 12, Im from Ontario aswell. I recieved 83 on it.

Purestock240
12-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Let me try and find mine from grade 12, Im from Ontario aswell. I recieved 83 on it.

that would be wicked, so far I am landing in tokyo and looking for a hotel, i have a flight booked and a room in toronto for the night so its not a huge rush i the morning, i live about 1.5 hours from pearson airport

sleep
12-29-2010, 11:08 PM
What about English class?

BustedS13
12-29-2010, 11:22 PM
canada has classes about travel and leisure? that's either desirable or not desirable. i can't decide right now.

but i'd go to that place where you catch your fish out of a moat and then they chop it up and cook it while it's still alive, and present it to you still living on the plate. holy shit. i've always wondered if i could be scared vegetarian.
and i'd go to Top Secret and Signal and blah blah. and temples and junk.

Purestock240
12-30-2010, 12:37 AM
canada has classes about travel and leisure? that's either desirable or not desirable. i can't decide right now.

but i'd go to that place where you catch your fish out of a moat and then they chop it up and cook it while it's still alive, and present it to you still living on the plate. holy shit. i've always wondered if i could be scared vegetarian.
and i'd go to Top Secret and Signal and blah blah. and temples and junk.

thanks. im lookin for the fish thing, top secret is on my list

iStayBroke
12-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Normal Stuff to do: Climb Fuji(takes one day), Shibuya, Roppongi
Car Guy Stuff: visit some shops(Top secret, URAS,etc.) you know more than me what shops you like most. Visit some tracks like Tsukuba, Ebisu, Fuji(find a hotel in the area when you climb the mountain, the track is around the base), and meihan to see Team Burst in action.

depending on the time you go, there will most likely be some sort of festival going on, and those are fun.

I'll post again if I can think of more stuff.

yokotas13
12-30-2010, 07:05 AM
21 days?
give me till tomorrow
Im here right now again (lived here for 4 and ahalf years) on vacation so let me check out some ideas

Purestock240
12-30-2010, 07:18 AM
thanks for your help guys

trip date is febuary 1st to 22nd

iStayBroke
12-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Just missing the Tokyo Auto Salon
I'll see what else I can find goin on then.
If yokotas13 doesn't beat me to it

yokotas13
12-30-2010, 07:34 AM
haha i leave the 19th planned my vacation around tas and new years

iStayBroke
12-30-2010, 07:41 AM
I went last year.
I'm in college so I won't be able to get back to Japan until summer

I'll still look for something more specific, but until then...
Tokyo - City Guide (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html)
This is kinda a generic list of tourist attractions in and around tokyo
Yokohama City Guide (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2156.html)
Yokohama
Osaka Travel Guide (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2157.html)
Osaka