View Full Version : S14 SR20, crank but no start

miggypq21
12-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Ok so I came home to Del Rio in my car for Christmas. OMW over here the car was bogging a bit under 25% load or more, its done this before, my MAF is on its way out but usually a good cleaning will bandaid it for a bit. Well this time I cleaned it up, let it set for about an hour then came back outside and put it all back together to clean it up. To much suprise the car didn't start at all, I unplugged the sensor and nothing, car still wouldn't start. I then began testing for different things, spark was present on all cylinders, fuel pressure was at 40 psi KOEO, and injector pulse was felt from all injectors during cranking.

I grabbed a can of carb and choke cleaner and got my friend to crank it. Sprayed a bit in a vaccuum line and the car fired right up and idled fine. The minute you give it any type of throttle the car bogs horribly and misfires pretty bad, puffing out black smoke. Any type of driving is a huge sack of fail since the car does this under any throttle percentages. I back probed the MAF and I'm not sure if its my meter or my back probing tool, but there is 0 volts on the signal return wire for the MAF (pin c) and no voltage at the PCM pin 26 when back probed. I'm pretty sure its the MAF sensor but I have never seen a sensor cause a no start on any vehicle. Any other possible solutions to this problem?

It is a 69F00, if anybody has one in working condition and is willing to ship it overnight to me TOMORROW, then give a text at 830-422-1655.

69F00 is an S14 SR20 MAF and no other sensor will cross or work, so it is pretty critical its this one.

Thanks guys
-Michael

miggypq21
12-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Any input?

RHDskyline
12-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Its Your Maf. Get a different one in working condition.

Unlpug your maf. and start it. If it does the same thing. Its your maf

miggypq21
12-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Car doesn't start with or with out the MAF. I don't have any other cars in the area to borrow things off of :\

Only SR in town, I ordered a sensor so I can only hope it fixes my problem.

slider2828
12-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Check for boost leaks as well... When it idles as you did, does it fluctuate? Also check the color of your plugs or get new cheap ass plugs to test if they are fouling as well.

miggypq21
12-29-2010, 12:59 PM
the plugs are brand new, when the car starts the idle is fine with no problems. Only problem is when the car is tried to rev.

roadster6909
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I had a similar problem a while back, before purchasing a new maf, buy some maf cleaner, clean that maf out, and possibly return if not helpfull/ or have no use for it.

miggypq21
12-29-2010, 09:41 PM
lol cleaning it is what made it do all this i believe. I cleaned it right before this problem came up