PDA

View Full Version : shakey 240 need help...

bentmode360
12-24-2010, 07:02 PM
i recently just crashed my car up a curb.
i had to replace the crossmember, control arms, tension rod brackets, and tension rods.
i also had to get the frame straightened.
my question is do i have to replace the sway bar or just get it aligned? because it gets all shakey and the sway bar looks fine...
if you guys could help me id reaally appreciate it thanks.

davirene
12-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Shakey when???

I would check your inner tie rods....are you still running the same rims? Did you have them rebalanced?

Lift the front of the car....grab the wheel and turn it back in forth as if you were turning. Watch for play....

bentmode360
12-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Shakey when???

I would check your inner tie rods....are you still running the same rims? Did you have them rebalanced?

Lift the front of the car....grab the wheel and turn it back in forth as if you were turning. Watch for play....

its shakey when i start driving and its kinda hard to turn left while im driving.
the inner tie rods look fine
and i havent got the same rims rebalanced

bentmode360
12-25-2010, 12:16 PM
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp

davirene
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Kind of hard to turn = Binding.....something is still bent....

See if a friend with a 240 can come by....and look at his/her suspension. It will be hard to notice....I fixed 2 cars that hit the curb....but I replaced all the arms.

Its really hard to just look at it.....Like I said get the car in the air and turn the wheel back and forth....you should see where its binding..