PDA

View Full Version : HUD cluster with sr

two40guy
12-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I came across a cheap hud off a guy I bought my car off of a little while ago but I wasn't smart enough at the time to ask what year it came out off I've got a 93 with an sr and the HUD cluster came from an 89 is there anyway I can make it work? Like some how splice harnesses or? If not I got a SOHC hud display forsale comes with subharness and all haha

nismoman
12-22-2010, 06:16 PM
The tach might not work, I think that's all. Tach died on mine so I put a tach from a regular twin cam cluster in it.

two40guy
12-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Was it difficult? My friend said you gotta pull the needle and make sure you put it in the right spot is this true? And are plugs for the harness plug and play or not? Sorry for all the questions just don't wanna get the cluster out and waste my time haha thanks in advance!

two40guy
12-22-2010, 07:53 PM
enh i searched :X im just gonna swap the analog dohc tach with the sohc tach. lockk thiss uppp! :lockd: :lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd:

miravete
01-02-2011, 01:59 AM
before you lock it up...

dont quote me on this lol, BUT if the cluster you have IS the HUD type, THEN you can plug the HUD in the back of your cluster.

if not, THEN the HUD doesnt have anywhere to plug into :(

BUT, if you search for the s13 FSM (Factory Service Manual) online, it will tell you the description for each wire FOR the HUD :D

that i know because i wired in a HUD cluster with HUD into my buddys rhd s13 :D

I had to rewire the HUD gauge to work with the jdm wiring.

soo, Im assuming you can splice the HUD wiring, and pair the TACH and MPH/KPH with the oem wiring from your 93 :D

chucky norris
01-04-2011, 04:24 AM
i am having the problem
i have a sohc HUD
i switched out the tac with a dohc tac on it and it work fine

Big Zee
01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
does the speedo work ?I have a 89 with a 91 sr and a dohc tach in my cluster and the speedo stopped working when the motor was intsalled.

is there a speedo wire that is missed ? I used the frsport wiring page to wire it in

miravete
01-05-2011, 02:32 AM
does the speedo work ?I have a 89 with a 91 sr and a dohc tach in my cluster and the speedo stopped working when the motor was intsalled.

is there a speedo wire that is missed ? I used the frsport wiring page to wire it in

was the wiring spliced to the new sr tranny?

Big Zee
01-08-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm not so sure anymore, I'll check. to my understanding, it was just hooked up to the lower trans harness and plugged into the main harness

is there a different wire I have to splice in ?