PDA

View Full Version : Willow Springs Raceway Year Pass

iamtheyi
12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
For those who know about it, are you still going to get it with the price inflation? It increased 150%.

roboticnissan
12-20-2010, 05:14 PM
So so sad for the suckers who.have to pay.

Aside is the best place for drift local to so cal tho.

Flipzide
12-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I probably won't buy another one.

iamtheyi
12-20-2010, 11:02 PM

lol what do you mean for suckers who have to pay? hook it up! :drool:
Where's Aside??

Me and a couple friends still considering getting it. Just so we can go pretty often during the year since our schedules all seem to line up pretty well :D

jdm_vert
12-21-2010, 01:06 AM

my homie :) slowest miata in TB

rat240
12-21-2010, 01:09 AM
how much is it now

iamtheyi
12-21-2010, 01:11 AM
how much is it now

It be $50 for the year pass then $100 for all day at the track. There's a lot more restrictions though.

Marcus
12-21-2010, 01:24 AM
this is back to what it used to be. It used to be 75 for membership and 100 for the day also. It was only 2010 that was cheap. fyi

chucky norris
12-21-2010, 02:12 AM
someone told me it was $140 for the balcony

plus 10 bucks every time you go to cover the entrance fee

Marcus
12-21-2010, 09:37 AM
whoever told you that is wrong. ive been going for the last 3 years.

nieko
12-21-2010, 10:37 AM
yeah 2009 it was 75 for membership and 100 for balcony.
2010 they lowered it. 50 for membership 40 dollars for tracks.(DIRT CHEAP)

i tink everyone started jumping on it 2010 because of how cheap, so now they are raising it back up a bit.

I would still probably buy it.

nieko
12-21-2010, 10:38 AM
and there are no "New restrictions"

those restrictions were always there....

no tandem
no passengers
no on track cameras

^^^ thats what you are talking about right? lol

vvtisupra
12-21-2010, 10:52 AM
I think it was due to the people who were abusing the privelages. IE multi car tandem, trading off drivers, being unsafe.

Thanks Assholes

Love,
Steve C.

nieko
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Yup, last time I went up fire rescue was actually chillenup there with us the wholeeee time lol

iamtheyi
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
^ I don't remember wtf I was talking about anymore lol. Way too tired when I posted that. Yeah, we gonna get on it. For what it is, it's a great deal.

So are they really angry at the drifters? lol.

12-21-2010, 05:07 PM
^ I don't remember wtf I was talking about anymore lol. Way too tired when I posted that. Yeah, we gonna get on it. For what it is, it's a great deal.

So are they really angry at the drifters? lol.

No theyre not angry at drifters. They are angry at drifter that are stupid, abusive, doesnt follow the rules, unsafe and has no respect of the tracks, their property and rules.

Wsir can just say no to drifting and still be profitable. The risk and liability for the 40 bux per driver, that if the drivers don't pass around the wrist band, if they do... it's like 10 bux per person. Last years fee isn't worth the headache they got in return.

Were lucky to have a track still... Don't abuse it.

DJPimpFlex
12-21-2010, 05:49 PM
So for us from Norcal, how does the membership work? Like any day they arn't using balcony you can run for $100~ or something? Only balcony?

fckillerbee
12-21-2010, 07:01 PM
yes. you pay for a yearly membership. and then you pay a "track fee" of 100 for balcony.

roboticnissan
12-22-2010, 02:36 PM
No theyre not angry at drifters. They are angry at drifter that are stupid, abusive, doesnt follow the rules, unsafe and has no respect of the tracks, their property and rules.

Wsir can just say no to drifting and still be profitable. The risk and liability for the 40 bux per driver, that if the drivers don't pass around the wrist band, if they do... it's like 10 bux per person. Last years fee isn't worth the headache they got in return.

Were lucky to have a track still... Don't abuse it.

i dont pay for this membership at all i know the owner. WSIR isnt doing as good as you think. they need the money. which is why the entrance fee is gonna go up to 25 per person soon.

koukikat180sx
12-22-2010, 02:47 PM
i dont pay for this membership at all i know the owner. WSIR isnt doing as good as you think. they need the money. which is why the entrance fee is gonna go up to 25 per person soon.

wow the entrance fee? from $10 to $25? o_O' that might discourage spectators from going to watch. ><' i personally wouldn't want to go just to watch if that were the case.

12-22-2010, 04:18 PM
i dont pay for this membership at all i know the owner.

does the owner know you?

just sayin...

RMJmotor
12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Membership fee and track fee is still a good deal under the updated pricing. I stand by Charlie on this one, RESPECT THE TRACK.

The 25.00 entrance fee is pretty high, even if you are signed up for a track day you still have to pay at the gate (currently 10.00) so 25.00 would be a big kick in the butt.

12-22-2010, 04:30 PM
wow the entrance fee? from $10 to $25? o_O' that might discourage spectators from going to watch. ><' i personally wouldn't want to go just to watch if that were the case.

i would just wait for the offical release of the rules, fees etc etc. i'm sure the changes will be communicated to the drivers and organizers.

roboticnissan
12-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Why would anyone let me for free if he didn't know me haha.
I've been racing there for as long as I could reach pedals on go parts.

fckillerbee
12-22-2010, 05:30 PM

that's awesome....thanks for posting this in this thread as you clearly are affected by this.

usually people don't brag to other people about "getting in for free" unless you are trying to be a dick.

that's the way i see it.

DJPimpFlex
12-22-2010, 06:19 PM

Good story...

Slidin' Sam
12-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Ok, so I'm a noob to Willow Springs...I live in Japan, but I am moving to SoCal next month.

So for 75 bucks, you can get into the track without paying any additional fee's, for the entire year?

Then, you can pay an additional $100 any day there is not an event on "Balcony" and test (for drift)? Only catch is no passengers, no tandem (even if both car's are caged, etc), and no media?

I ran a quick search on their (Willow) website, but couldn't come up with what exactly I was looking for.

Thanks!

iamtheyi
12-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Ok, so I'm a noob to Willow Springs...I live in Japan, but I am moving to SoCal next month.

So for 75 bucks, you can get into the track without paying any additional fee's, for the entire year?

Then, you can pay an additional $100 any day there is not an event on "Balcony" and test (for drift)? Only catch is no passengers, no tandem (even if both car's are caged, etc), and no media?

I ran a quick search on their (Willow) website, but couldn't come up with what exactly I was looking for.

Thanks!

You are correct on rules. It's $50 dollars per pass and $100 every day you run. Don't know anything about media. Someone else will probably answer that.

$25 dollar entrance fee sucks... really really badly. Now I don't have a pit crew(friends :/) to come to fix my car if something breaks.

Touge_Monster
12-23-2010, 12:07 AM
I will still probably be getting one. You get way more track time at a test day compared to an event.

If the 25$ thing is true that will def cut back on how much I go there. Its already a struggle to go as it is for me

iamtheyi
12-23-2010, 02:34 AM
I will still probably be getting one. You get way more track time at a test day compared to an event.

If the 25$ thing is true that will def cut back on how much I go there. Its already a struggle to go as it is for me

Yeah man. I feel you. Drifting poor sucks lol but I love it.

Does anyone know the minimum helmet requirements for WSIR? Been searching haven't seen anything. They closed right now but I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see if no one replies.

Slidin' Sam
12-23-2010, 02:56 AM
So you have to pay $25 to get into the circuit?...even with the pass? WOW! Even @ Fuji Speedway it's only $10, and Ebisu is 5 or 15 bucks, can't really remember...and at Ebisu you don't have to pay extra if you are driving.

At a normal test day you can just run for however long you want? How often do they have them?

roboticnissan
12-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Take it as you want.

As for everyone else, the price is.still not bad. You get hours of track time to yourself compared.to a track day where you wait 20minutes in line for a few minutes of drift.

RPSil13
12-23-2010, 07:59 PM
so where do we buy these passes, im new to this sorry

AzNCmB
12-24-2010, 02:34 AM
wish we had this sort of comfort back where i am...nola

Marcus
12-24-2010, 11:35 AM
You cant buy them. They are offered nowhere.
To rent the track its 1100 for the day and 750 for insurance.

god, to OP. why did you post this?

now all kinds of freaking noobs are gonna be going. And theyre gonna be fucking around, breaking rules and screwing it all up for the rest of us.

roboticnissan
12-24-2010, 11:54 AM

now all kinds of freaking noobs are gonna be going. And theyre gonna be fucking around, breaking rules and screwing it all up for the rest of us.

Calm down fool, I can guarantee you have disrespected wsir one way or another. Everyone has. Half of the noobs will be too afraid to go by themselves anyways.

iamtheyi
12-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Dannggg~ my bad. I didn't know it was a secret. People who want to go would just go. Right now, as it seems, people aren't going to go because of the price anyway. Maybe I should've checked with WSIR and see if I could tell people about it. They need money too. I'm almost helping them. :D

yeti303
12-25-2010, 01:33 AM

ok say i want to rent balcony out for my b-day and have a mini all star bash, who do i talk to or contact to hold the event, i can just pay $1100 plus $750 for insurance, if so is there rules on run time, tandem, passengers etc.?

Marcus
12-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Calm down fool, I can guarantee you have disrespected wsir one way or another. Everyone has. Half of the noobs will be too afraid to go by themselves anyways.

stfu. Its ignorant people like you who DO disrespect WSIR just because "everyone has". I follow rules so there can be privelages like this. I follow rules because I represent something.

You need insurance for tandem/passengers. Otherwise, it is not allowed.

articdragon192
12-25-2010, 02:23 AM

I dunno about you, but I don't shit where I eat. I respect the track so that there's no trouble for us drifters there.

iamtheyi
12-25-2010, 06:54 PM
ok say i want to rent balcony out for my b-day and have a mini all star bash, who do i talk to or contact to hold the event, i can just pay $1100 plus $750 for insurance, if so is there rules on run time, tandem, passengers etc.?

Why don't you call them lol? I did for all my information. They're pretty helpful.

roboticnissan
12-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I dunno about you, but I don't shit where I eat. I respect the track so that there's no trouble for us drifters there.

My point isnt trash cuz everyone else does, I'm just sick of people coming on here and telling everyone there dumb for disrespecting the track.

My point is that everyone at one time has disrespected the track and has no right to tell anyone else anything.

I've grown up and have treated the track like gold, I'm sick of people trying to preach track etiquette so they can boost there rep or seem cool, cuz that's what is going on here on zilvia

articdragon192
12-26-2010, 12:06 AM
No, people teach track etiquette so other don't do stupid stuff out there on the track. It's not an elitest thing. Just like how people preach don't to do burnouts at a car meet or rev your motor. It's common sense. Something a lot of people lack.

pincheturbo
12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
people will be people.

kamechikara
01-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Thread Fail
Just Drift

HAWAII
01-04-2011, 03:16 PM
if you are a noob, please go to an organized event first like Just Drift, Speed Ventures, or JORIDE Events (who are relly beginner friendy) and others. They have people there that can guide you and help you out with your car or technique.

It is frustrating trying to drift not knowing if you are doing it correcty or not. if you are more comfortable then rent the whole track.

roboticnissan
01-04-2011, 03:36 PM
These yearly passes are godly compared to track day fees. if you want to slide with ppl you don't know or compete then that's different. but when I record my track day I have hours of .footage. compared to a track day I would get a hour of runs.