PDA

View Full Version : s13 fuse box's all the same??? need help so my car will start!

ROOSEY
12-19-2010, 08:53 PM
hey guys i have just bought my third 240. its a 93 s13 convertible. so i go to put in my brand spanking new engine and transmission harness and the transmission harness connectors that go to the fuse box connectors cant connect because the previous owner had a electric starter in it and the fuse box was hacked so much and also there are no connectors comming out of the fuse box becuase of this. so i'm looking to get a new fuse box from a junkyard. my question is are all s13 fuse boxes the same. my vert has a manual tranny swap and its a convertible i dont know if that matters but please help me this is all i need to get my car running!!!!

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me out!

Sileighty_85
12-19-2010, 09:19 PM
No they are not all the same

Different trims and Options change up the entire wiring

ROOSEY
12-19-2010, 09:40 PM
ahhhh :-/ so am i screwed? i have no idea even where to start or look.

ROOSEY
12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
i was thinking maybe i could find one out of a manual transmission s13 and just match up wiring colors from the chassis to the new fuse box i buy. cut splice soder and shrink wrap them and hopefully its work...

Sileighty_85
12-19-2010, 10:24 PM
I would try to repair the harness before trying anything else

ROOSEY
12-19-2010, 10:34 PM
well my sr transmission harness is brand new and theres no connectors comming off the fuse box thatll go to my tranny harness. so maybe i have to find a way to cut the connectors off my harness and get into the fuse box. the fuse box is an absolutely mess though almost every wire is connected and spliced to another wire....ugh its rough lol i dont have the most knowledge in wiring either