PDA

View Full Version : obd1 ny state inspection.

infam0usndn2nv
12-19-2010, 03:28 PM
well i dont know if this has been posted already. but here it goes anyways for people who dont know about this. from jan 1 2011 the nystate inspection for obd1 is only going to be safety and visual emissions. meaning no more running your car on the dyno or having a probe up your muffler. they will just visually inspect your emission devices and pass your car and give u a ob2 sticker for safety and emission.

nathanong87
12-19-2010, 06:29 PM
cool story bro.

zenki_240sx
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks! This helps me a lot!

singlecamslam
12-19-2010, 07:33 PM
I hope one day, every state will adopt CA emission standards, that would be awesome.

negrosx13
12-19-2010, 11:43 PM
sweet man,wonder if inspection price will go down since less needs to be done
..cali can keep there emission standards on that side of the country!!

negrosx13
12-19-2010, 11:47 PM
also i think exhaust phobe wont need to be done either since most car would fail which is why the whole dyno test came to play..

infam0usndn2nv
12-20-2010, 05:09 AM
well the dyno was in play because the state didnt want old cars on the streets because of emissions and most of the cars would break down on the dyno or overheat and stuff and if u read on the inspection station it says clearly not responsible for any damage to the car due to dyne. that was the whole purpose of the dyno was to get old cars off the streets now since there is not that many old cars left thats why they have changed up the inspection. but inspection is still 37 dollars good thing is now atleast you wont have to get your car beaten up on the dyno.

infam0usndn2nv
12-20-2010, 05:10 AM
also i think exhaust phobe wont need to be done either since most car would fail which is why the whole dyno test came to play..

nope no probe either... only visual if your emission devices look ok then u pass even if they r just for show. lol

madd ocx
12-21-2010, 05:40 PM
thats good news, so now you just go anywhere and the probably wont care no more and give you a sticker

enkei2k
12-21-2010, 06:06 PM
link to this for more info?

infam0usndn2nv
12-25-2010, 07:10 AM
well i dont have any link.. but i work in a shop and we got a update cd and a notice that stated this info.

nyc240sx
12-25-2010, 07:41 AM
nice news wont have to pay 100 anymore to pass

S-Nation S13
12-25-2010, 09:10 AM
what do you mean by they give you a obd2 sticker? hm.. im hoping this has a trickle down effect and cali will soon adopt this method lol, but then again its cali so i probally think they wouldnt adopt it ..

sr20sean
12-25-2010, 09:51 AM
well i dont know if this has been posted already. but here it goes anyways for people who dont know about this. from jan 1 2011 the nystate inspection for obd1 is only going to be safety and visual emissions. meaning no more running your car on the dyno or having a probe up your muffler. they will just visually inspect your emission devices and pass your car and give u a ob2 sticker for safety and emission.

its never been like that? maybe thats just in the city it was like that or something. its always been the look over inspections here

sr20sean
12-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I hope one day, every state will adopt CA emission standards, that would be awesome.

how would that be awesome? cali is so strict on emissions

negrosx13
12-25-2010, 05:57 PM
when they run cars on the dyno,the car isn't being raced..just driven normally,if the car is breaking down while testing then you should trying to fix the problem..Main reason why the rules are changing cause OBD1 car are little to none on the road.

infam0usndn2nv
12-28-2010, 03:43 PM
when they run cars on the dyno,the car isn't being raced..just driven normally,if the car is breaking down while testing then you should trying to fix the problem..Main reason why the rules are changing cause OBD1 car are little to none on the road.

yea the car is being driven normally but it has no air circulation in the shop. so cars overheat and ppl dont wanna fix it then..

infam0usndn2nv
12-28-2010, 03:45 PM
what do you mean by they give you a obd2 sticker? hm.. im hoping this has a trickle down effect and cali will soon adopt this method lol, but then again its cali so i probally think they wouldnt adopt it ..

i mean you will get the sticker that ny state uses for obd2 cars with a hole punched in it. instead of printing out a sticker. just wait till jan and you will find out for urself.

drift freaq
12-28-2010, 04:02 PM
yea the car is being driven normally but it has no air circulation in the shop. so cars overheat and ppl dont wanna fix it then..

This is absolute crap. Running a car on a smog shop dyno will not make it overheat.( unless it already has a cooling system leak or blown headgasket)
Cars are run all the time on dyno's in socal and cars never overheat.
they do fail smog though.
They do not push the car hard enough in smog tests to cause them to over heat. The tests are done at 15 mph and 25 mph. with revs never getting much above 2500 rpm.

In fact I took car in that was barely running right but I made it pass smog. It did not overheat even with the timing way retarded and running like shit.

Cars fail due to bad cats, failing EGR, bad O2 sensors and clogged aiv systems.

Seriously do you really know anything about this stuff?

singlecamslam
12-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I dont know how you pass smog in Cali with timing way retarded but ok ^. Its actually better that the car runs a little hot, let the cat warm up.

HPKMotorsports3
12-28-2010, 11:23 PM

forget that... i like being able to mod my car with no regulations on what i can do... no sir you can keep that over there on the west coast...

infam0usndn2nv
12-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Well here in ny the dyno speed goes upto 55 mph. I am telling you because i work in a shop and i see this everyday. More then half of the ob1 cars are ready to fall apart. And the beating on the dyno just makes it even worst.