PDA

View Full Version : Enjuku Racing ISIS parts??

empir3e
12-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Ive been going all through these forums and have only seen a few posts about people doing reviews about some of the ISIS stuff from Enjuku Racing. Im starting a s13 build and have a laundry list of parts, so far a majority of them being ISIS because Ive worked a good deal with Enjuku. Before i buy this stuff, are these parts known to be pretty relieable? or will I just end up kinda wasting my money as im on my way to a low level drifting build??

Sileighty_85
12-15-2010, 04:24 PM
you should search around, there are s few threads out there,

I even made one for the control arms

empir3e
12-15-2010, 04:46 PM
finding the posts about the reviews are what im looking for.... i can find those no problem. i dunno if i just worded what i was asking wrong or what, but im just trying to find out if ISIS stuff is reliable as a whole, ya know. because ive never owned a jdm car before this week when i got my 240. so ive never heard of these guys before now...

drift213
12-15-2010, 04:56 PM
finding the posts about the reviews are what im looking for.... i can find those no problem. i dunno if i just worded what i was asking wrong or what, but im just trying to find out if ISIS stuff is reliable as a whole, ya know. because ive never owned a jdm car before this week when i got my 240. so ive never heard of these guys before now...

first jdm build??(IMO) take your time and get the good parts PBM,TEIN, etc... and it will pay off at the end ;)

empir3e
12-15-2010, 05:02 PM
i totally agree with you on that man.... the rest of the parts on the list are HKS, Nismo, Fidanza, Walbro and some others, but some of the smaller stuff was the ISIS parts, again because ive got a great deal worked out with Enjuku right now. im trying to make sure i do this one as right as i can lol since it is my first JDM build.... i wanna make sure i have stuff that im not gonna have to replace after my first time dumping the clutch and breaking the rear end loose lol

240_SeXy
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
i got al the isis rear links you know the suspension package they have, so far they been good to me over a year know n no problems with them no rust no nuthing just dirty

PITCH
12-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I'de go w/ SPL Parts.

driftn_silvia
12-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I'de go w/ SPL Parts.

not alot of plp can afford that but,

i second that!

empir3e
12-15-2010, 06:49 PM
im workin off of a rather decent budget... i got 6 grand right now, and will have about another 2500 right after i get back from iraq next year... im not gonna count any money i manage to save inbetween now and than cause i dont think the wife would approve of that lol... but when i say i made a decent size list of parts, what i really mean to say is that i made a pretty long ass list of shit to buy and send to my house for when i get home

modulation
12-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I've had the ISIS short shifter since like Feb.. Pretty happy with it, no problems.

I've had the ISIS adjustable RUCA since August or so, no problems.
The welds aren't the best on them, but I don't think they will crack or anything.

empir3e
12-17-2010, 05:48 PM
I've had the ISIS short shifter since like Feb.. Pretty happy with it, no problems.

I've had the ISIS adjustable RUCA since August or so, no problems.
The welds aren't the best on them, but I don't think they will crack or anything.

sweet shit man, thanks for the help.... the V2 short shifter was one of the things on my stupidly long list of parts....appreciate the input:wackit:

benarovi
12-17-2010, 06:07 PM
dude search theres many good 20 page arguments about isis parts. your just gonna start one of those arguments again. but if ur on a small budget, isis is way to go

yingiang
12-17-2010, 06:16 PM
isis is great budget parts
you do get what you pay for..but imo they are not going to put your life in jeopardy

empir3e
12-17-2010, 06:20 PM
dude search theres many good 20 page arguments about isis parts. your just gonna start one of those arguments again. but if ur on a small budget, isis is way to go

haha, im not trying to search for somebody elses pissing contest on whose "parts" are bigger or better or whatever the hell these people fight about...if people wanna start arguments on an internet forum, well than fuck em:ssex: lol........ im not on a "small" budget but im not exactly going off of a family members life long savings either ya know lol...

benarovi
12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
well his lifes already in jeopardy when you drive a s13 ahaha

onefst240
12-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Well i have a few isis parts installed on my sr swapped s13. I have the radiator,fans,radiator hoses,intake and fmic. Everything installed pretty easy except the fmic piping. Either the pipes were little too short or the bends a little too sharp, so i had to buy a 12" piece of coupler just for 4" so i could mate the pipes together. But other then that everything works quite well. Its been 6 months so it wasnt too long ago that i installed everything. Hope that helps.

sidewaysil80
12-17-2010, 06:31 PM
i'm rocking the radiator/fans, exhaust manifold, o2 pipe, and straight pipe exhaust...NO issues here. i had their suspension pieces on my old car and they were pretty solid. welds weren't the greatest but def not deal breaking. not too mention ken @ enjuku has by far the best customer service in the industry as far as im concerned. if your on a budget you CAN'T beat isis...their is literally no alternative thats better. UNLESS you have the money or really care about what people think...then obviously get spl or something (as far as suspension pieces).

Z33dori
12-17-2010, 06:32 PM
i have ISIS rear stuff, i hit alot of bumps and pot holes..... shit is still holding up

empir3e
12-17-2010, 06:34 PM

haha lol u dick :mephfawk:

yingiang
12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHA
i know of some hardcore drifters that use top speed arms with knuckles and whatnot.
still holding up

fakieSI
12-17-2010, 09:34 PM
got the ISIS control arm package and its great... jus keep the hyme joints oiled... plus ken at enjuku stands behind it...

satek
12-17-2010, 11:53 PM
I own the whole suspension arm set, I currently only have the tension rods installed and they have been solid for 4 months now...I recently installed an isis se mb exhaust. The welds were nice and fitment was good. I will be buying more isis parts in the future...and if anything happens I'm pretty sure enjuku has you covered

jack025
01-02-2011, 11:37 AM
check out amsperformace.com

slowerthanyou
01-02-2011, 07:31 PM
I have a isis powersteering hose and isis front mount.. everything fitted up fine and no leaks on the powersteering hose..

btw I just got back from mosul in october lol

empir3e
01-03-2011, 12:50 PM
haha no fucking way dude!! i relieved you guys, 2/3 right? im tasked out right now with one of your guys other units at patrol base 15 with 6/8. wow man what a small world lol

I have a isis powersteering hose and isis front mount.. everything fitted up fine and no leaks on the powersteering hose..

btw I just got back from mosul in october lol

waxball88
01-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I have the ISIS suspension package. Been a little over a month now, still going strong, look good, easy and solid adjustment. Thumbs up.

reed1285
01-03-2011, 01:18 PM
i have the isis v2 short shifter...im pretty happy with it...the only complaint i had was the weight on the shifter shaft would vibrate on the shaft pretty hard...it was annoying as hell but didnt hurt anything i dont guess. anyways it was an easy fix..nothing a little electrical tape cant fix lol. fitment was good too

slowerthanyou
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
yup 2/3 lol small world for sure.. good luck over there man we rarely got incomming while I was there.. save every penny you can lol..

nevertheless
01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
I have an isis exhuast, radiator, and boost controller. All great parts, no complaints.

empir3e
01-03-2011, 09:52 PM
yea... diamonback and marez have taken IDF quite a few times since you guys left.... since ive been out here over by the border weve seen a TON of these cigarette smugglers just raising hell lol

yup 2/3 lol small world for sure.. good luck over there man we rarely got incomming while I was there.. save every penny you can lol..

speedracer601
01-04-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm glad i found this thread. I too am deployed (Kandahar Afghanistan) been orderin a bunch o shit. Few Isis things. I ordered their Short throw , Rocker arm stoppers and Subframe collars. I 'll let you know how shit holds up. I'm going on RandR 2moro.

Prok0
01-04-2011, 12:20 AM
I've known Ken over at Enjuku for a few years, and I know from experience that he stands behind what he sells.

If you have an issue with the product he usually will do everything in his power to get you a new replacement part or resolve the issue by other means.

With that being said, I have first hand experience with the ISIS coilovers and adjustable suspension arms (RUCA, Toe, and Tension rods) and all worked as they should and took a beating.

Are they the nicest looking pieces? Not necessarily, do they use the highest quality rod ends? Nope. But are they a good bargain for the money, absolutely.

We used the rod ends and coilovers for roughly 1 year on a friends race car which was driven competitively in the Street Wise drift series in NC/GA, at a number of competitions and demo's in FL, and also at a lot of practice events (Roughly 20-25 events total) and never broke an arm/rod end or had any issues. All those items are still on the car and in working order, but a new chassis is being built for the new season.

And the car was beaten on pretty hard (wrecked twice, had many off course excursions, etc.)

If your kind of budget minded and want something decent that you know will hold up I would get them.

S14Driftr91
01-04-2011, 01:08 AM
i recently just purchased the isis intercooler kit and it looks really well made. i havent used it yet since im in the middle of my build but so far im happy with it.

modulation
01-08-2011, 04:43 PM
i have the isis v2 short shifter...im pretty happy with it...the only complaint i had was the weight on the shifter shaft would vibrate on the shaft pretty hard...it was annoying as hell but didnt hurt anything i dont guess. anyways it was an easy fix..nothing a little electrical tape cant fix lol. fitment was good too

All the aftermarket short shifters for the 240sx are like that. My friend has a B&M SS and it does it. Before I had my isis I had a megans (which the shop that did my clutch cause I lived in a apt. complex broke.)
They all do it, it's because they replace the rubber bushings with plastic ones.

Jonnie Fraz
01-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Here is my take on it.
Ken is very passionate about his stuff, and I have seen where he talks about If you have any issues he will take care of it. Now that being said since rumor has it they do not use super high quality rod ends you will have to check them more often for wear.
Companies like Battle Version, PBM, and SPL who use higher quality ends they will tend to last longer, but you will still need to keep up on checking them for wear.
Chances are the welds even though they may not look super nice, they will hold up better than the stock Nissan arms.

nismoracingsx
01-09-2011, 05:51 PM

what what. 3ID. :P 603rd over here though :fawkd:

as for the isis parts...I always trust Ken. Great guy, he's even been known to come on the forums and smash haters/back his products, :drama:

Currently, my coupe runs the isis ruca/toe/tension rods and the mb se exhaust.

The hatch has the isis fuel pump.

Plan on nabbin' another isis exhaust for the hatch and the subframe collars soon as I sell the miata :wtc:

murffy
01-10-2011, 01:40 AM
i bought an isis fuel pump for my sr redtop last summer and car runs legit the pump fro isis are just as good as the walbro i think

teh smithers
01-10-2011, 07:46 PM
I have their straight pipe dual-tip exhaust for my S14. Zero complaints. It sounds great, and the ground clearance is actually much improved over my old Blitz system.

nismoracingsx
01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I've been wanting to try out the straight tip exhaust on my hatch...

stinky_180
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
...it is my first JDM build....

your doing it wrong with isis if thats the case..

however, i have the isis v2 short shifter and its been working perfectly fine. the bushing that came with the shifter didn't fit the transmission, bought a brand new and it fit perfectly fine. a little too 'stiff' to my liking but it works well and does not rattle. i will be switching back to stock shifter very soon though. good luck

joe645733
01-13-2011, 12:26 PM

hey i've had a 350z, twin turbo z, and now going to a very nice s13 hatch. all cars were paid in full so it's not like i was going down-hill financially. the s13 hatch is a nice looking car!

joe645733
01-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Here is my take on it.
Ken is very passionate about his stuff, and I have seen where he talks about If you have any issues he will take care of it. Now that being said since rumor has it they do not use super high quality rod ends you will have to check them more often for wear.
Companies like Battle Version, PBM, and SPL who use higher quality ends they will tend to last longer, but you will still need to keep up on checking them for wear.
Chances are the welds even though they may not look super nice, they will hold up better than the stock Nissan arms.

makes sense. but does this go for a 240sx that is just daily driven or drifted?

nicho919
01-15-2011, 08:27 PM
I LOVE my radiator. That's the only part I have experience with. Their customer service when it comes to backing up what they sell is second to none. Save where it's smart with Isis (radiators, tension rods, etc.) and pay where it's smart (coilovers, turbo).

Don't listen to the fanboys. Make your own informed choice about everything. For coilovers, it's hard to beat D2 for anything south of 1600 bucks. I LOVE D2s. Noone else does. So forget about everyone else, and just do you.

howyfeltersnatch
01-31-2011, 11:58 AM
not too mention ken @ enjuku has by far the best customer service in the industry as far as im concerned. if your on a budget you CAN'T beat isis...their is literally no alternative thats better.

this

i recently bought a shit ton of isis parts.. a full turbo kit, rocker arm stoppers, v2 short shifter, intake manifold. i was pretty happy about everything.. im still in the install part of my build. but the best advice i can give you is all their R&D goes into the product not really the bolts and etc. so use new bolts and studs if you need them. they sent the wrong intake twice, shipped me the correct one and i got to keep the other two.. cant beat that.

you can check my build thread to get a look at most of the isis parts if your curious

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/boosted30rej25/001-8.jpg

hard to say no to that

Black240Ct
01-31-2011, 12:06 PM
just got the isis starter.. passed bench testing it.. havent used it in the car yet

h2v7
01-31-2011, 02:04 PM
i love my cheap isis parts

best bang for your buck if you ask me

was THINKING about the 600$ isis coilovers.... am i crazy?!

Freise
02-01-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm running an ISIS Z32 MAFS, I admit it looks and feels cheaper than a OEM N62, doesn't have a N62 Orange Plate either, but it runs fine and no problems so far in terms of performance, so I could care less how it looks

stevecorrado88
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I have the intake mani and oil pan and no complaints except u might need to tweak a few things to make them bolt up or fit right but it was all easy to fix and I deff would buy more parts from them

upsdude
02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
i've had the isis/fan combo in my car for a few months with no problems...but i'm also running pbm arms and fortune auto coils so i'm all over the place with brands haha