PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry/Alarm Installs

reodan92
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here has hooked up there own keyless entry or security system? I just bought a autopage rf-225a system and the local shop wanted $170 to install it. Im looking at all the parts that came with the kit and it looks like a lot of work and an lot of things could go wrong. I was wondering if it was a pretty simple installation for you guys.

J3123MY
11-30-2010, 11:50 PM
how much was the system? I wish I had this. No more fumbling with a ghetto ass outdated key and lock. It does seem like it is kind of complex and an ass load of work.

nismoman
12-01-2010, 08:16 AM
If you've never installed electronics before it can seem pretty daunting. You are bound to make mistakes. If you have a basic understanding of how 12volt car wiring works it's not so bad. Just time consuming. If you cant even install a radio... Don't try the alarm, you'll be so lost and confused.

smoked240
12-01-2010, 09:18 AM
It's not too bad, Mine will be hella easy since I don't have auto door locks. Just need to find out which wire is which in your harness under your steering. But like Nismoman said, if you can't install a radio, DO not attempt this.

reodan92
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Alright thanks for the advice, I'll see if anyone around the area would be willing to help me out :P. And I got the system for 60 bucks at a black friday sale.