PDA

View Full Version : Turning a Mine's ECU into a stock ECU.

KaminaSan
11-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know if there would be a safe way to take a Mine's tuned ecu, and revert it back to the stock tune?

Is it just a board that needs to be unplugged?

I don't want my engine blowing up, and I'd rather not shell out 140 bucks to get another used one, when I know this ecu works.

Someone let me know, any help is appreciated!

lok
11-29-2010, 12:48 PM
move the jumper back so that it doesnt read from the daughter board anymore.

j4 i believe.

Tougegtr-33
11-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know if there would be a safe way to take a Mine's tuned ecu, and revert it back to the stock tune?

Is it just a board that needs to be unplugged?

I don't want my engine blowing up, and I'd rather not shell out 140 bucks to get another used one, when I know this ecu works.

Someone let me know, any help is appreciated!

60 bucks and you can get mine.

KaminaSan
11-29-2010, 12:56 PM
I just did some researching, and it seems moving the jumper back from cj2 to cj1 is the likeliest scenario, and I can just remove the daughterboard.

Anyone who can confirm this?

It's an e5 ECU. Early model blacktop.

lok
11-29-2010, 12:59 PM
I just did some researching, and it seems moving the jumper back from cj2 to cj1 is the likeliest scenario, and I can just remove the daughterboard.

Anyone who can confirm this?

It's an e5 ECU. Early model blacktop.

yes

just move cj2 back to cj1

you can leave the board in there. if i remember the mines use's a ribbon cable and its a pain to de solder.

KaminaSan
11-29-2010, 01:00 PM
How will I know if it's truly back to its original tune? Is jumping it back a guarantee?

lok
11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
How will I know if it's truly back to its original tune? Is jumping it back a guarantee?

yes

moving the jumper back makes it read from the original ecu.

when you move the jumper from cj1 to cj2 it reads from where the daughter board information is stored.

KaminaSan
11-29-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm gonna practice my soldering skills on an old video card, then give it a shot.

Wish me luck.

smelly240
11-29-2010, 04:52 PM
a lot of the mines computers they dont have the stock jumper reused - instead it might be a small peice of wire (its a 0ohm resistor/jumper so wire is a useful alternative).

in this case of course - just move the wire (or if u lose the resistor/wire use a leg off any ole resistor/diode/cap/etc).

KaminaSan
11-29-2010, 05:24 PM
HELL EFFING YEAH!

This is gonna go in the 'Hell Yeah' thread!

I took it all apart, found they reused the old resistor, and it was in fact on CJ2.

First attempt, I did a shitty job at getting it resoldered on CJ1, put it back in my car, and it smelled like shit, like super rich status, which I read is a side effect of no tune, and out of the back of the tailpipe there was some liquid shooting out.

So I then figured the original resistor was toast. I took some old pc wiring I had from my xbox modding days, and set a strip of it down, and soldered it between the two.

Put it back in, fired up, PERFECT idle. Took it for a drive, and the turbo started spooling at 2300 RPM compared to the 3200 before. It used to stutter after 4k, and now it pulled all the way strong to 6/7.

I feel like a hacker or something. Hopefully there was no major damage done to the engine from the mine's board. It RUNS WELL!

Thanks for the help guys.