PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime warranty

ZRiotFloorin'
11-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Any of you guys, more like lowered cars, have lifetime warranties at Big O Tires near Irvine?
I'm planning to lower my 350z and i'm sure my local big o tires can't get it up on the ramp without using woods. Will using the woods work? To me, it looks like the wood ramp will slip against the metal rack. lol
I'm also planning to autoX and drift next year so i'll need to get alignment done quite many times. Do you think they'll get pissed if i go twice a months? I know they can't say anything since it's LIFETIME warranty but i know they can get pissed. Do you have experience with these guys?
Discount tire center guys got little pissed because i went there too often. So i'm done with them.

EMSKILLS
11-08-2010, 12:55 AM
think about it. they assume your car will be stock height and be driven "normal".but wats the warranty for. plus i feel that the warranty might be if you buy tires from them for life and they do alignment for free. you cant just buy tires the first day and get the alignment for free for life and never go there for tires. as far as trying to get the car up the ramp is really their prob not yours. if they cant do it then they should tell you in the begging that ur car is too low for their rack. plus autox and drifting have diff alignments to be done so i think the only thing is to get some kind of discount if your not planning to go their for tires for life.

ZRiotFloorin'
11-08-2010, 10:07 AM
i forgot to say that i meant Lifetime Alignment...lol
You have to pay for this lifetime alignment, not something you get for free if you buy tires.
I'm a beginner so i wouldn't need that autox and drifting spec for now lol
Do Autoxers and Drifters pay for alignments before and after each events?

shiftdrift
11-08-2010, 10:17 AM
i don't....i get alignments every 10k miles or so.

95_S14
11-08-2010, 10:25 AM
They will only do it every 3000 miles read into it don't be lazy

ZRiotFloorin'
11-08-2010, 10:59 AM
They will only do it every 3000 miles read into it don't be lazy

how am I bein lazy? read into what? I don't have anything about alignment warranty. in fact, people say it's unlimited which I it were to be once in 3000 miles then it's limited

iLagX
11-08-2010, 11:02 AM
i've done it at FIRESTONE. Works like a CHARM JUST THAT THE LINE IS FREAKEN LONG>

fckillerbee
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
here's the deal. its up to the shop if they want to align your car everytime. i've worked for places that will do it no problem. but under our small print, it says stock vehicle under normal driving conditions. any aftermarket parts added at any time, you will have to pay the full amount, and then it's re-instated.

I wouldn't do it becuase when they hire a new guy, he wont remember your policy, and charge you more. I see it all the time with out discount tire center stores. it's bs...but legal.

ZRiotFloorin'
11-08-2010, 07:47 PM
350zs tend to change the alignment easily. Doing DD would change the alignment so i neeed the lifetime alignment or else, i'd be spend a ton on alignments lol

95_S14
11-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Your 18 with a 350z I bet you drive the shit out of it and that's not normal driving they will say just don't be cheap and do all the arms and shit the first time done deal

ZRiotFloorin'
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
no I don't drive shit out if my car. I don't know bout u though.
I saw many douche bags driving the shit out of their cars and trucks and crash when I was in highschool. so it isn't my case. 350z have toe bolts which makes the alignment to go off easily