PDA

View Full Version : ebay RUCA??

benarovi
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
yo any of yous s chassis owners have tried the cheap ass ebay rucas?
ther like $75 total including shipping. let me no plz

Sileighty_85
11-07-2010, 09:50 PM
This place is full of 240 owners......of course they have

Not me, The cheapest suspension parts ive bought are ISIS which are pretty beefy.

But if you wanna put your life on the line of some $75 dollar piles of shit just to save a few bucks then go for it

Bigsyke
11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
just watch out if you have ES bushings, if anything binds the arms will snap like a toothpick

Zach-sr
11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
The saying "you get what you pay for" is a very true one. Cheapest I would sugest is ISIS or Cicuit Sports on a daily. If you want to track the car often then I would suggest going for a more reputable brand.

jesse5150
11-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I'll admitt it, I've bought some of that crap. Basically if your gonna do anything but daily your car, your gonna break them, even if you do only daily your car they'll probably break. You do get what you pay for in quality of welds, quality of material used and fitment. I bought toe arms that were 3/4" too long to even install, imagine trying to get decent alignment done if you got them on, and you'll never get your money back from those people. Personally I would just save up and buy legit parts because your going to end up buying them anyway. Just my 2 cents

Garber
11-09-2010, 03:46 PM
my gf's car has them. they work fine. great for the money. they have a little bit of vibration from the solid bushings

ixfxi
11-19-2010, 09:16 AM
i've been running nothing but the cheapest suspension parts i find off ebay... for like 10 years now

shit runs hardcore man. they take a lot of abuse, welded like a tank. only thing is, one of the bearings broke on me when i was at a drift event.. big deal, i just replaced the bearrrrring and was back to business. i even used a skateboard bearing, whatever.. works. people laugh cause i have hockeypuck engine mounts, im just hardk0re like that.

seriously, best 75 bucks ive ever spent. EVER

and free shipping too. FREE. if its one thing i know, you cant beat FREE.

i mean, buying parts off ebay is like rolling the dice. its like having sex with a cheapass hooker, sometimes you score. it just sucks when you get the herps. shit happens, gotta smash some eggs if u wanna eat omelets,... know what i mean brrrro

iamtheyi
11-19-2010, 01:30 PM
lol puahhahahahahahhaha. that was great. don't buy them.

ShimiBoi
11-23-2010, 04:08 AM
before u buy the ebay ones look at this
http://zilvia.net/f/suspension/339727-stance-isis-spl-whiteline-tein-megan-all-import-image-racing.html
the isis ruca's are 1/2 - 1/3 the price of others...and megans arent that much more. imo save up a lil more cash and get legit ones. but in the end its up to u. like Zach-sr said...You get what you pay for. :-/

Flicktitty
11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
i got some a few years back as my factory ones were rusted/and the bushing was bad so it started to vibrate. and got the ebay stuff for a temporary use. they have actually been on for 2 seasons and about 8,000 miles now the Ruca's seem to be the only thing that are actually holding up. the front tension rods were junk after a little while the rear stuff seems decent though. slowly upgrading them to new stuff. im going to be removing them to put some stuff on a different car I'll take some pics and examine them when i remove them after a few years of use see what you guys think.

enkei2k
11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
yo any of yous ....

yo dawg, holla at dis shiznitz. iz the bomb diggity ebay :l101:

holy crap, i can't even do that. stock > ebay IMO.

BoostinEuros
11-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Hell, I bought a pair for 30 shipped new off ebay not too long ago.

I have no complaints. They fit, and have decent adjust ability. Nothing looks questionable on them.

Solid spherical bushing....For $30....Better than worn out OE ones.

Jonnie Fraz
11-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Here is a simple way to see if the parts are even worth the $75.00 that you will throw at them. Before you buy them see if you can find a contact for the parts...phone number, e-mail...ect. Contact them and say that you have an issue with their part...Frozen bearing, cracked arm, crappy paint, Whatever. And see how they respond. Are they going to stand behind their product or are they going to tell you tough. If they tell you "tough luck kid." Then you saved yourself $75.00...If they say we will replace the arm with no issues then you might be dealing with an ok company.
Personally I work too hard for my money to throw it away on junk parts, so I stick with SPL, Battle Version, PBM...ect.

singlecamslam
11-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Yea ebay parts are the best man, way better than the name brand ones where you can get customer service. Who the hell needs customer service, no I. Trust me, the few dollars you save is worth it risking your life. DO IT.

ixfxi
11-24-2010, 09:21 AM
the isis ruca's are 1/2 - 1/3 the price of others...and megans arent that much more. imo save up a lil more cash and get legit ones. but in the end its up to u. like Zach-sr said...You get what you pay for. :-/

are megans considered a brand name nowadays?

last i remember they were complete shit not worth wiping my ass with

ShimiBoi
12-01-2010, 04:30 AM
well better than ebay shit imo. for daily driving their arms arent that bad. i wuldnt use em to track a car but they keep camber in chek for daily driving