PDA

View Full Version : OEM or Aftermarket S14 Radiator Help With Twin Electric Fans!

hardtime21
10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm trying to make a decision. I have twin electric fans in which I have plans on installing and I wanted to know, "To Shroud Or Not To Shroud" that is the question? Or should I go aftermarket with another radiator to do the same thing? I'm thinking that if I went aftermarket, the radiator would be slightly thicker providing more cooling and save the fans from overworking. What do you think? Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

hardtime21
10-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Dang, got the views but no real techs out there that can speak up!?! Where are the tech heads!?!

xxoreolovexx
11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
you can always just get a nice 2 or 3 core aluminum with dual fans pushing from the front.

Corbic
11-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Fanshround + Clutchfan + aftermarket Rad.

hsitko
11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I would get shrouded fans and try it with the stock radiator. The only time that electric fans even have the potential of not doing their jobs is when you are sideways. At any vehicle speed above 10mph there is enough air going through your radiator to make it do its job well enough that the fans wont even come on. If you do drift events and find that your temps are going up too much, its not the fault of the fans. Its the fault of an insufficient cooling system combination. Meaning that it would be time to upgrade the radiator. Think about how many cars run dual electric fans or even single ones and dont have any problems cooling.

Clutch fans are giant and the shrouds are massive and to me they make more sense on something like a truck. Where you have the capacity to tow something putting a heavy load on the engine for long periods of time and have no concern about how fast the engine responds to inputs. Do yourself a favor, clean up your engine bay, take 3+ pounds off of your rotating mass and get the dual electric fans going with a relay triggered by a coolant temperature controlled fan switch.

codyace
11-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Altima E Fans
Koyo Radiator

Done