PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Japan help with directions

spencer240sx
10-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi my name is spencer i will be in japan from nov.13 till nov.22 and i am staying in tokyo.
was wondering if any one knew how to get to Uras showroom from tokyo , and any good drift shops in osaka.
i am going to be going to a few upgarages. is there any better then the others just wondering..
any help will be great
thanks
Spencer

95KA-Turbo
10-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Are you aware that Osaka is several hours away from Tokyo?

The Up Garage in Machida near Yokohama is nice, they have a warehouse in the back filled with wheels. Its worth it to go to that one just to check it out. There's also a nice one in Yokota, which is probably closer to Tokyo, that is pretty big as well.

As far as directions go, you really will need someone to take you around because you can get lost with directions pretty easily - unless you speak very good Japanese, even then you can still get lost.

spencer240sx
10-26-2010, 11:41 PM
thanks for the help of a few good upgarages to checkout ...
i got a JL rail pass so i wll be going all over japan so traveling a few hours to go to shops is cool..

MADE
10-27-2010, 03:54 AM
I know about the Uras in Fukuoka but I didnt know they had another one.
If thats the only one, your gonna be riding the shin from the end to end.
Honestly unless yo have extra time, I wouldn't spend it looking at car stuff.

racer98
10-28-2010, 12:52 AM
what airport are you flying into. :mepoke:

slow down there bud, hope your bringing a lot of cash with you and not using plastic. $1 isn't 100Yen any more.

racer98
10-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Are you aware that Osaka is several hours away from Tokyo?
Shinkasen/bullet train can be done in a day trip but that means being at the station 5am and a wake up call at 4am. :bowrofl: best time is to get lost and learn the way back to the Royokan or Hotel. Idk right now any decent hotel for 4 nights is about 80,000 yen+ in the tokyo area.

The Up Garage in Machida near Yokohama is nice, they have a warehouse in the back filled with wheels. Its worth it to go to that one just to check it out. There's also a nice one in Yokota, which is probably closer to Tokyo, that is pretty big as well.
+1

As far as directions go, you really will need someone to take you around because you can get lost with directions pretty easily - unless you speak very good Japanese, even then you can still get lost.

very wise words spoken there. :bow:

krookedstyle
11-02-2010, 04:04 AM
The up garage in machida has moved. it's closer to yokoska i made the same mistake taking the train down to machida only to find out the upgarage there is not by bee-racing anymore. because of all the navy dudes at yokoska they moved it, they said it's closer to the navel base. I just got back from there on like oct. 20 caught the last d1 in fuji crazy, you should wait and go when the d1 starts up again. If u got 500 bucks and some time check out power vehicles.com u can rent a drift car for a day and drift on any track in ebisu circuit. That's sick its crazy...the uras shop is like the coolest one everything made in house.

fliprayzin240sx
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Shinkasen/bullet train can be done in a day trip but that means being at the station 5am and a wake up call at 4am. :bowrofl: best time is to get lost and learn the way back to the Royokan or Hotel. Idk right now any decent hotel for 4 nights is about 80,000 yen+ in the tokyo area.

+1

very wise words spoken there. :bow:

Hotel Rose Garden in Shinjuku was fairly cheap...I paid 8,400y a night and the room was large for the price with a nice comfy bed (considering that most will give you a closet and a tatami mat). Plus if you dont know your way around and yet to use the trains, you'd always end up at Shinjuku.

Feast Japan
12-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Up Garage Machida is still partially there. The main is for bikes and just in behind, next to Tomei Power is the Up Garage Drift Parts shop.

But for main Up Garage Parts, they moved it up the road on 246, quite close, Shibuya bound. Taxi would cost about 1200 YEN. Nearest station would be Ichigao, on the Tokyu Denentoshi train line. About 10 minute walk.

For Nissan fans, this coming Sunday is the Nismo festival @ Fuji Speedway. I have spare tickets if anyone is going up. Just myself and a good friend from Nissan Techno factory.

K_style
12-02-2010, 11:09 AM
i will be in japan from nov.13 till nov.22

Up Garage Machida is still partially there. The main is for bikes and just in behind, next to Tomei Power is the Up Garage Drift Parts shop.

But for main Up Garage Parts, they moved it up the road on 246, quite close, Shibuya bound. Taxi would cost about 1200 YEN. Nearest station would be Ichigao, on the Tokyu Denentoshi train line. About 10 minute walk.

For Nissan fans, this coming Sunday is the Nismo festival @ Fuji Speedway. I have spare tickets if anyone is going up. Just myself and a good friend from Nissan Techno factory.

I am not sure if you noticed... that guy already went to Japan...
I was going to tell him some tips but figured he doesn't need it no more..