PDA

View Full Version : Door mirror warp

Boorito
10-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I hope this is the right section for this, not really technical, but I am having a problem with door mirrors... I have two driver mirrors, but once I mount them it seems the bottom section pops out. The mirrors look slightly warped, but I dont see them making that big of a difference. So am I missing a way of tucking the mirror into the door? Or are both the mirrors I have warped and need replacing? I have searched all over the forums, and internets else where, had to stop being lazy and even make an account again, so does anyone know where im strugling?

projectRDM
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
If both mirrors look fine but warp when mounted, then the door itself is bent. On S14s the mirror mount is a separate piece, and any impact can easily bend the metal, the S13 'door triangle' is a welded part of the door frame but can still be bent with the right impact. I'd look at that since you've already tried just swapping the mirror without success. There is no other trick to mounting it.

Boorito
10-26-2010, 02:05 AM
If both mirrors look fine but warp when mounted, then the door itself is bent. On S14s the mirror mount is a separate piece, and any impact can easily bend the metal, the S13 'door triangle' is a welded part of the door frame but can still be bent with the right impact. I'd look at that since you've already tried just swapping the mirror without success. There is no other trick to mounting it.

Thank you very much for this answer ! I was beginning to think this my own self after closer inspection with the mirror mounted, but you confirm for me lol I guess I will pull it off and attempt to fix the door before replacing again. Good thing I got a deal on the door and other parts other wise I might be a bit mad haha. Thanks again!