PDA

View Full Version : ka24de misfire and running on three cylinders

zsmizzy
10-21-2010, 10:42 PM
i have a 93 s13 hatch with a stock ka24de motor. for some reason it seems to drop cylinder 2 after it warms up to operating temps and only runs on three cylinders. ive changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and the injector on that cylinder. nothing changed. so today i picked up an ecu and tried that, did the same thing. it seems to dump way to much gas into that cylinder and nothing happens, just smells like gas and gas vapor ends up coming out of the exhaust. after i run it for a bit i can pull the plug out and see gas sitting on top of the piston and if i pull the injector gas sprays out a little bit and is sitting where the injector plugs in. no smoke and compression is good as far as i know. keep in mind it only does it after it warms up to normal operating temps.
any ideas? need to figure this out asap.
thanks

R_G
10-22-2010, 11:54 AM
always check compression. Motor has to be warmed up in order to do a proper compression check. Make sure injector is not staying open or it's atomizing the fuel properly. GL

zsmizzy
10-22-2010, 02:57 PM
compression on that cylinder is 150 warm. noid light showed injector pulse is good.

klits562
10-22-2010, 04:16 PM
would a leaky or clogged injector cause this only after warm up? This is so weird i cant think of anything that would cause this especially only in one cylinder. Check the resistance of your spark plug wire for that cylinder maybe the wire is damaged?

zsmizzy
10-23-2010, 08:43 AM
plugs, and wires are good