PDA

View Full Version : Someone help with hit and run please?

ayororo
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey so i got hit and runned last night on rear drivers side bumper/quarter panel theres a dent under tail light and a bunch of scratches from bumper to quarter, its not pretty i dont have a job but i have full coverage is there anyway i can file a claim ? My friend said its not enuff to get money

EhrikETFG
10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
why dont you just call man, call your insurance company and the police lol don't ask people on the internet.

240sx123$
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Depends on what your car is, what your cars worth, what your ins covers, and what your deductible is. If your deductible is $1000, its probably not worth it. If your cars only worth 4500, its probably not worth it. Too little information provided to shed any real insight.

whiterps13
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I am an insurance agent, and like the previous people said there isnt enough information to give you any real advice.

Is it covered under full coverage? Yes.
Is it going to be worth it to make a claim? Maybe.

Go get an estimate from a reputable body shop. Then call your insurance agent and get his advice. Thats what he is getting paid for.
If you do make a claim be prepared for your insurance premium to go up, especially if you are young. Any claim history is bad.

ayororo
10-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys i am young thats why i ask because i dont know if i should just leave it..

spoolandslide
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Why the hell would you pay for full coverage if you're not even going to utilize it's benefits when the unthinkable does happen?

Your intellect is questionable young man.

Where are some pics of your damage so we can use our judgement to guide you?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-zJx4MTKCBI/Schb4sjrcZI/AAAAAAAAAGU/u3eda7PnPPc/s400/047_fail.jpg

240sx123$
10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Why the hell would you pay for full coverage if you're not even going to utilize it's benefits when the unthinkable does happen?

As is yours.

One could pay for full coverage, and have a high deductible- if the damages are not severe enough to warrant paying that deductible out of pocket, then your "full coverage" is worthless. Or, if the damages are minor enough, making a claim might not be worth it because of the raise in premiums- if youre insurance is gonna go up 20% because of a $1000 claim, youre better off not making the claim. OR if the car's value is low enough that the damages would total the car, and the owner wants it to stay a clean title, again- wouldnt be worth it to make a claim. There are plenty of reasons why he might not want to make a claim.

Next time try to think of a clever way to be a dickhead.

ayororo
10-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Where are some pics of your damage so we can use our judgement to guide you?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-zJx4MTKCBI/Schb4sjrcZI/AAAAAAAAAGU/u3eda7PnPPc/s400/047_fail.jpg

Well old man, your intellect is questionable is well, how do i put it?

My mom cares for me at this young age i am, my insurance is under her and i pay her back whatever she pays every 6 months..

I have low knowledge about insurance etc therefore i am asking.

"the wisest of men are the men whose admit they are not wisest." well i dont know the actual words to it but its close enough..

But who am i to call you old man when i dont know you, hell you could be that dog for all sake.

Bottomline is dont judge me

miravete
10-15-2010, 12:19 AM
But who am i to call you old man when i dont know you, hell you could be that dog for all sake.

hahahahahahaha

/close thread and give this guy his insurance check :bigok:

beb
10-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Call your own agent and see if you should file a claim, depending on what company youre with, he'll give you his recommendation. Sure, ANY claim history IS bad... But this is your car and Im sure you want it to be in great condition for yourself or even for the purpose of selling it in the future.

The only thing I would really be worried about is how bad this damage is... Im guessing you have an S13? Since value on this car is low on paper, the smallest amount of damage could total it - and Im sure you dont want it to have a salvage title...

Just talk to your agent and ask what you should do. Hopefully you have a good one who will give you an honest and thought-out answer. Good luck!

sleep
10-15-2010, 05:04 PM
my god. You need to try harder in English class dude. Trying to decipher your posts was a waste of time.

Why not ask your mom for advice? Why would you ask strangers a question without providing anything necessary to answer the question?