PDA

View Full Version : ka24de-t question

theboy
10-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Ok, i told myself i wasn't going to make a post on this but now i'm 8 weeks with out my pos running. So here is my dilemma. The car is a 91' s13 with a 91' ka24de that i just finished building. Specs are not important at this point and if i get it running ill make a build thread on it. The car cranks over fine. I can hear all 4 injectors fire, and smell it in the exhaust/ see t with my wide band saying its running rich as fuck. But still no spark. Now before you bash this thread, i have swapped out 2 coils now, 2 sets of plugs, 2 dizzy's, 2 ecu's, 2 ignitors, brand new wires, and ive checked continuity through every wire in my harness. Ive also tested every component (a.k.a coil has 0.7 ohms resistance, CAS fluctuates from 0-5VDC when spun slowly, & all the grounds are hooked up and on bare metal.

The ecu is triggering 4 codes:

11-The ECU sensed that the 1°or 180°signal was not received for the first few seconds during starting or was erratic during engine operation

12-The ECU detected an open or shorted circuit. (An abnormally high or low voltage is entered.) MAF sensor

21-The ECU did not detect the ignition primary signal during starting or running.

34-The ECU detected an open or short in the circuit. (knock sensor)

Ive done every test to check those 4 codes (using ALLDATAdiy.com) and yet i still don't get spark at all. So far every component has passed every test. So if you have any experience with my problems please feel free to comment. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

onevia drift
10-02-2010, 01:33 AM
MAF is good? and you know your entire engine harness is good? Ive seen things kind of like this happen, even with what was supposed to be a good harness... I'd just try everything, new Harness, new MAF, anything that you can possibly think of. If it says its faulty but passes tests performed.... replace it anyways just to see.

japordie
10-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I agree. see if you can replace some of the parts you never know what it might be.