PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problem...

tai1688
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Hello~ there, I keep having problem with my clutch. the shop change my master and slave from top to bottom piping. Finally I got the pressure on my clutch~ Drove for a week, felt uncomfortable due to heights. had the shop changed my clutch postition. I drove Yesterday, the position heights all of sudden changed to the top, it was half way after they chage the positon~ I sent my car back to the shop~ they are tring to figure out what wrong with it ? PS. The clutch disc ,pressure plate ,flywheel are new~ does anyone know what could cause the clutch change heights itselt~? My car is 95 240sx~

z3nk-3
09-24-2010, 01:26 PM
bypass yo damper, it helped my car when my clutch felt soft.

nissanfreak317
09-24-2010, 03:05 PM
So let me see if I got all this.

A shop installed a new pressure plate, new disc, new flywheel, new master cylinder, new slave cylinder, and new lines?

And the engagment point seems to be changing on its own?

I would blame the MC or SC if they weren't new...
Maybe the new clutch is just breaking in, but I don't see how that would change the engagement point.

PSYCHOCAT562
09-24-2010, 04:33 PM
have you tried bleeding it?

tai1688
09-25-2010, 01:50 AM
So let me see if I got all this.

A shop installed a new pressure plate, new disc, new flywheel, new master cylinder, new slave cylinder, and new lines?

And the engagment point seems to be changing on its own?

I would blame the MC or SC if they weren't new...
Maybe the new clutch is just breaking in, but I don't see how that would change the engagement point.

Yes, new pressure plate, new disc, new flywheel, new MC and New SC~ There is no leak , i am pretty sure ,cause I could feel the pressure on my foot. This is not my only manual tranny car. I know what is like when driving with a good clutch~ I had the shop changed my clutch postion on Tue. and Wed. I drove a lot , and Thurs I drove to long beach back and forth, for an hour and something. Clutch postion suddenly changed to the top , I can still drive , engagement was weird, didn't seem to get the right speed. And then I drove to the shop , and they didn't know why , but they change the position back to halfway. And today I drove it , it run great. I didn't feel any problem and didn't hear any noise from my cluch~ Anyway I am afraid Tomorrow if I drive it, the clutch position might change itself~ Usually clutch position changes when cluch worn out, when it worn out , clutch position go down close to floor,~ I never have a car like this~ Does anyone have the same problem ?

z3nk-3
09-26-2010, 05:56 PM
U are either going to have eliminate ur clutch dampering line or take your car to a dealer and get your clutch system proffessionally bleeded using their vacum thing. I would suggest trying to by pass the damping system first. The damping part is the little box that connect to the slave cylinder. That part is very hard to get all the air out.

tai1688
09-27-2010, 04:24 PM
U are either going to have eliminate ur clutch dampering line or take your car to a dealer and get your clutch system proffessionally bleeded using their vacum thing. I would suggest trying to by pass the damping system first. The damping part is the little box that connect to the slave cylinder. That part is very hard to get all the air out.
Today, The clutch position changed again~ I don't know why~The shop is busy , told me to come back tomorrow~ Speaking of bleeding method, this shop didn't use machine to bleed my clutch system, they loose the nut first and use one foot keep pumping it until he feels the pressure~ Anyway, I went to another shop after that , they are busy too, told me to come back another day, they said it may be the piston down there, or air in the system or another cylinder down there(under the body, close to the tranny )~they just don't have time to do further inspection~ Should I stick to the original shop that change all my clutch cylinder or the second shop ?

SinGarage
09-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Like what everyone else is saying...get rid of the clutch dampening as it is notorious for bleeding problems. Process of elimination. Only thing left that is old is the clutch dampening or a bent fork. Just bypass it.

240sohc
09-27-2010, 05:24 PM
i recently replaced my slave cylinder and had issues bleeding the clutch, afterwards the clutch pedal felt weak. so i did what pretty much everyone suggests, and removed the dampening box and hooked a stainless steel line to the hard line, made bleeding the slave alot easier and clutch pedal felt firm again. as well as shifts smoother than before.

tai1688
10-01-2010, 11:53 PM
had been driven it for 2 day after I visited the second shop( I havn't got it fix due busy schedule) Now, my car's clutch is down to the floor, no pressure, And all the fluid are good ,no leaks at all~ The shop explained to me what may cause the position of clutch to go up. They said there has to be absolutely no air in the clutch system, and I may keep driving with air in it, and due to air, pressure plate not enough pressure cause clutch disc keep spinning cause overheating , position go up after a period of time driving. They havn't done further inspection. They told me I may need a new clutch again~:mephfawk: Now I am fuxked ~ is that true that air in clutch system could have killed the clutch?