PDA

View Full Version : s14 throwing unlisted codes wtf???

fuco8210
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Ok let me just say that i am not a newb with 240s by any means. This makes number 7 which is an extremely clean low mileage 98 5 spd kouki.. bought the car with a check engine light on which was not going to stop me from purchasing and it ran good.. I got it home and pulled the codes and this is where i am stumped..

Ok the first code thrown was 34 knock sensor nothing new on these cars.. second code thrown was 75 evap leak, visually inspected everything looks fine but was planning on having smoke test done to confirm.. ok this is where it really throws me through a loop.. after 75 it throws another code which is 39?? out of order and a non existent code?

I have to get this thing to pass smog sooner than later and i just bought a house so i dont want to throw a ton of money that i do not currently have replacing misc parts.

One thing i did notice was the led in the ecu doesn't work at all.. Its my luck that i find a gem kouki locally and its being a pain in the ass to smog... any help would be greatly appreciated!!

hassanbakar123
09-21-2010, 12:56 PM
are you using the a code reader the code should be longer then that like P0xxx which it global obd2 and P1xxx is manufactured specific which on a lower end scan to would not list the name just what the code number is
i might be total off because i don't know how your getting these codes

fuco8210
09-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Also forgot to add that when i first got the car i took it to autozone on the way home to have the codes pulled and their reader only pulled the knock and evap

fuco8210
09-21-2010, 12:59 PM
are you using the a code reader the code should be longer then that like P0xxx which it global obd2 and P1xxx is manufactured specific which on a lower end scan to would not list the name just what the code number is
i might be total off because i don't know how your getting these codes

With the scan tool used by autozone it came up with the p0's.. When i reset and the codes came back i manually pulled them using the ecu and flashing check engine light method to acquire the 3 codes listed

fuco8210
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Ok after doing some more searching on the net i came across an indivdual with a 98 maxima also showing code 0309 (39) which seems to be related to the evap charcoal canister system.. ill check, clean, and maybe replace and update..